Eachine VR D2 Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR RCGroups Review - RC Groups

Eachine VR D2 Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR RCGroups Review

We take a closer look at this budget FPV goggle packed with features.

Splash

Diversity Goggles with DVR for Under $100?! Totally!

Product:Eachine VR D2 Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR
Screen size:5"
Screen resolution:800x480
Price:$99.99
Available from:banggood.com
RCGroups thread:Click here

Eachine continues to expand their FPV offerings with this VR D2 goggle. With a 5" screen, and the body not much bigger, there's a fair amount of features packed into this budget-level FPV goggle! The VR D2 includes an adjustable magnification lens to adjust to your eyesight, a full diversity receiver and DVR to record your flights, all for under $100. Let's take a closer look.

Features

• Dual receiver with diversity
  • Adjustable lens
  • Built-in DVR
  • 7.4V 2000mAh Lipo battery
  • Bulit-in low-voltage alarm function

In the box

In the box, you'll have the goggles, AC charger, battery pack, patch antenna, mushroom antenna and a brief instruction sheet that reviews the button operations.

All buttons are located on the front of the goggles. With these, you can change your channel & frequency, switch to DVR mode, start/stop recording, playback recordings, and adjust the screen settings.

A slide button on each side allows you to position the magnifier lens to a location that works best for your eyesight. This will only really work if you near-sighted, and even then you may want/need to mount a pair of reading glasses to the inside as others have done. Also of note, the goggles are only 6" across on the outside, so are not wide enough to let you wear your normal glasses while wearing the VR D2 goggles.

On the top, you'll find the slot for your micro SD card (not included), and a pair of LEDs that act as indicators to show which antennae is getting the strongest signal. With the provided diversity receiver, you'll always be shown the best signal of the two with a virtually seamless transition as it switches.

Review video

Eachine VR D2 Goggles - RCGroups Review (11 min 53 sec)

Summary

As long as you don't wear glasses, or are lightly near-sighted, the Eachine VR D2 goggles are a nice option that gives you a good quality diversity receiver and DVR in one package, with a bonus of an adjustable lens to suit your eyesight (within limits). The fit isn't great, but some additional foam should be an inexpensive and easy way to make it more comfortable and help with the light leaking in from the sides. Both the diversity and DVR functionality performed well in my tests, and the 2 antennas included seemed to be of decent quality. While these goggles certainly won't work for everyone, they are certainly worth considering if you don't want to spend a lot getting into the FPV game.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 18, 2016 at 11:51 AM..
Dec 02, 2016, 10:55 PM
c/f
c/f
So will Eachine fix bugs with the $59 pre-order sets?, or is it a crap shoot on the classifieds.....
Latest blog entry: Cappys new Carden Hauler
Dec 03, 2016, 02:28 PM
Upstanding Member
Is it really true diversity or one VRX with two antennas?

Even if it's one (in which case you should note that in the "review") seems like good bang for buck.
Dec 04, 2016, 04:04 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
$100

you know the thing about Bang Good that really pisses me off is they know I'm into FPV and quad copters... yet they never send me emails specifically for these kind of promotions or new products to be released! Hobby King does. Just checked their site and they are $80!! http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D...ft-hotproducts

The guys in the RCG thread are now reporting that they come with two sets of foams, DVR fix and many other little fixes...
$80 for a set of goggles with diversity and DVR.. amazing for new guys.. amazing.. I have about $350 in my Headplays..

Exciting times for New people getting into FPV
Jan 24, 2017, 01:42 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Now on sale $79.99 for 12 more days http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D...ight-flashDeal

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site