Extreme Flight 52" Extra 300 EXP!!! - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2016, 04:08 PM
New Product

Extreme Flight 52" Extra 300 EXP!!!

Being that we are only a few days away from receiving our container with this model on board I figure it is time to start the official thread.
A few details:

The Extreme Flight 52" Extra 300 EXP is the first in a new series of midsized electric airframes designed around the Xpwr T3910 brushless outrunner. Small enough to travel to the flying field fully assembled in most vehicles, the new 52" Extra delivers big plane performance in an affordable compact package.
Utilizing all of the latest advances in 3D aerodynamic design and construction techniques, the new 52" Extra delivers maximum "bang for the buck". Featuring interlocking laser cut balsa and plywood construction, carbon longerons and a carbon U-channel landing gear mount, the Extra is lightweight yet rugged and robust enough to handle season after season of aggressive flying. 2 gorgeous, high visibility Ultracote color schemes are available, complete hardware package and decal set included. Designed to take full advantage of the awesome power provided by the new Xpwr T3910 utilizing a 4S 2500-3300 Mah LiPo battery turning a 14x7-15x7 prop. The new Extra requires 4 micro servos (Hitec HS-5087MH highly recommended).
Specifications:
Wingspan: 52 inches
Length: 51.25 inches
Weight: 3.75-4 pounds
Power: Xpwr T3910 brushless outrunner/Airboss 80 Amp ESC (ESC must be set to High timing!)
Radio: 5 channel with 4 metal gear micro servos (Hitec 5087MH highly recommended)

http://extremeflightrc.com/52-Extra-...me_p_3520.html

http://extremeflightrc.com/52-Extra-...me_p_3517.html
Last edited by EXTREME FLIGHT; Oct 20, 2016 at 03:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2016, 04:17 PM
What a beauty! Love the scheme.this size seems great, easily transportable and the servo's aren't that tiny and fragile.
But I have a question about the xpwr motor. I have retrofitted my edge with it, but it seems impossible to put a 15x7 xoar E prop on it. The thread seems way too short. Any tips? So far only apc seems to fit, but I dislike apc in 3d/xa style flying.
Oct 11, 2016, 04:17 PM
Here we go! I'm thinking red.
Oct 11, 2016, 05:20 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.
But I have a question about the xpwr motor. I have retrofitted my edge with it, but it seems impossible to put a 15x7 xoar E prop on it. The thread seems way too short. Any tips? So far only apc seems to fit, but I dislike apc in 3d/xa style flying.
I flew a 3910 in a 48" plane with a 14/8, which is the same thickness. The nut was showing about one thread, but I didn't have any trouble.

These make great wallpapers so you can get psyched for the build, or otherwise torture yourself though the wait!
Last edited by Doc Austin; Nov 05, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
Oct 11, 2016, 09:05 PM
3D Addict
Will a Torque 2812/T700 fit the hole spacing already on the firewall? Glad EF has put the bigger servos in this size plane. Hope the LG area is as strong as the Laser 48.
Oct 11, 2016, 09:19 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast
Will a Torque 2812/T700 fit the hole spacing already on the firewall? Glad EF has put the bigger servos in this size plane. Hope the LG area is as strong as the Laser 48.
My guess is the 2812 is going to be way too long, though that was sure a good motor on the 51" Slick.
Oct 12, 2016, 03:58 AM
I will fly it with 6S setup, which is suggested for the Skywing 55" planes.

Hopefully it arrives to Europe soon. It's still not listed in an European shop.

And I just remembered, that I don't have any model memory slot left on my TX.
Oct 12, 2016, 08:30 AM
Just a quick servo question for the EF guys. The recommended servos are the Hitec HS5087MG HV which is the high voltage version of the HS5085MG. Were you running the 5087's on the Airboss BEC at 6V or were you running a separate BEC to take advantage of the HV capability of the 5087?

Just wanting to make sure I'm getting all the correct info. I texted John & Jase yesterday but Jase doesn't have one yet.
Oct 12, 2016, 08:43 AM
delete
Last edited by r/cdawg; Oct 12, 2016 at 08:44 AM. Reason: double post
Oct 12, 2016, 10:28 AM
Gotta say I was wondering the same thing. If the airboss is only good for 6v why recommend the HV servos without mention of a seperate BEC?

EF supposedly working on an programable esc like some of the cc esc's, sure wish we could find out more on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Just a quick servo question for the EF guys. The recommended servos are the Hitec HS5087MG HV which is the high voltage version of the HS5085MG. Were you running the 5087's on the Airboss BEC at 6V or were you running a separate BEC to take advantage of the HV capability of the 5087?

Just wanting to make sure I'm getting all the correct info. I texted John & Jase yesterday but Jase doesn't have one yet.
Oct 12, 2016, 11:06 AM
HV output:::::Any test with a cc talon 90 esc for example?
Oct 12, 2016, 12:44 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg

For HV I run a separate Castle BEC that can put out the higher voltage. Alternatively you can run a small receiver pack, but I've never had issues with BEC's in planes around this size.
Oct 12, 2016, 12:46 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
I'm sure looking forward to the rest of this airplane; I have a rudder, seemingly being sent to me in installments
Oct 12, 2016, 01:31 PM
Team Extreme Flight
I'm not a big fan of separate BECs at all, which is why I keep hoping we will eventually see a 7.4v Airboss.

I am a big fan of Extras, though, so this plane can't get here soon enough. Right now it's 84 degrees in the garage and dropping every day, so if I can be a little patient for a couple of days. I will have beautiful build conditions.
Oct 12, 2016, 01:55 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
they do take significant load off the ESC... only downside is the small hassle of setting them up.

Quick Reply