Oct 12, 2016, 07:01 PM
The Visionary Aerobat
The firmware update is the fix. Sucks they don't fix at the mfg but, every time I buy one, I update the firmware step 1. Flawless once that's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdracing3
We tried one of those with our 3910 prototype motor and it was totally not compatible. ...lots of screeching and squealing went on. We played around with timing and other various settings. Never could get it to work
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2016, 07:05 PM
Northwest RC shows the Airboss 80 amp ESC in stock.
Oct 12, 2016, 08:26 PM
so what would be the best esc in place f the airboss 80?
Oct 12, 2016, 08:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
One of the Castle ESCs..

But as noted, Northwest has the Airboss in stock.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Oct 12, 2016, 09:01 PM
out to have fun
Subscribed
Oct 12, 2016, 11:04 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
I need another airframe right now like I need another hole in the head.
Still, I don't really have any small Extras at the moment, and this one is pretty darn sweet.
Justified. Ordered. I'm getting the faster red one of course.
Oct 12, 2016, 11:54 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
As the Aussies say.... "Good on ya mate!!"

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Oct 13, 2016, 07:23 AM
It would be cool to see some video. Just sayin'.
Oct 13, 2016, 07:27 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
It would be cool to see some video. Just sayin'.
We'll have some the next day after day after I get the kit.
Oct 13, 2016, 07:56 AM
Team Extreme Flight
It looks like everything on the build and set up are all things we have dealt with before. The only thing that will be different (other than size) will be the servo arms, but those are such quality pieces that part will be a big plus. The motor bolts right on using the supplied X mount, the control horns appear to install the same way and the tailwheel assembly seems to be the same one we've been using for six years, so the build is just going to be business as usual. I don't expect any surprises.
Oct 13, 2016, 08:45 AM
Great color scheme - the blue looks awesome.

MLT
Oct 13, 2016, 08:51 AM
PapaTrey
I have a NIP Airboss 80A that I'll part with for $120 shipped if anyone needs it.
Oct 13, 2016, 03:06 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Mine's on the way, so I hope to have build photos Friday or maybe Saturday.
Oct 13, 2016, 03:11 PM
I am not a robot
Very excited to see those Doc. I do have a spare boss 80A in the shop.
Oct 13, 2016, 03:30 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Very excited to see those Doc. I do have a spare boss 80A in the shop.
Motors are in stock too, so I suggest you get yours on order. Zach says the kits are flying out of the shop.

From what I can see, this plane will address all the things people want from a four foot plane. First, we can run a big 14-15" prop with the Xpwr 3910, and have stupid amounts of power. We are taking a big step up in servo power, speed and reliability with the HS5087MH servos that have been totally and utterly reliable on the elevators of my 48" planes for over two years now. The new construction techniques will give you a more torsionally rigid and thus better tracking, longer lasting plane.

I've poured over every photo I can get my hands on of the plane and it looks like we will be using the same bulletproof hardware as the 48s. The plane looks like it goes together identically to the 48 except the wings now secure with vertical Allen bolts instead of the hard-to-get-to horizontal nylon bolds. If you have arthritis you will appreciate how much easier this will make assembling and tearing the plane down.

It looks like every single thing we learned from the 60" and larger Extra EXPs has been incorporated in this new 52'.

I'll be trying Xoar 14/7 and 14/8 props, and have a 15/6. I'm still trying to locate a 15/7, but for now I already know the 14" props work fabulously with this motor. Depending on delivery and the family crisis we are working through, I'll get the report and videos cranked out as quickly as I can.
Last edited by Doc Austin; Oct 13, 2016 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply