Oct 10, 2016, 10:22 AM
Registered Loser
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuuut View Post
ESC FW can only be flashed onto the KISSESC bootloader using the GUI or my little standalone chrome app(kiss24A FW version 1.02 or later)
Can that standalone app be safely used to flash older 1.01 firmware to 1.02 prior to flashing the dshot firmware or should one still use the flash loader demonstrator under windows for that?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2016, 10:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urpoloader View Post
Can that standalone app be safely used to flash older 1.01 firmware to 1.02 prior to flashing the dshot firmware or should one still use the flash loader demonstrator under windows for that?
my kiss esc flash loader only makes it possible to flash esc's that have the bootloader (1.02 or later) without the kiss gui or the kiss fc.

but you will need to flash 1.02 first on 1.0 or 1.01 esc's using its serial number on the hex file generator website and the stm32flash loader demonstrator.

regards

felix
Oct 10, 2016, 11:14 AM
Pretty keen to test this out on my KISS setup
Oct 10, 2016, 11:22 AM
Got one build flashed, seems to be working fine!

Felix, in the Kiss GUI it still says OneShot42 but because my ESCs would not connect until I flashed them with the DShot firmware so I assume it is using DShot and just still says OneShot42.

Want to make sure I didn't miss a step.
Oct 10, 2016, 11:30 AM
Racer.Lt Owner
Finally digital, oww it opens so many opportunities!
FinalGlideAu almost told about it, thats why he was flashing all his ESC from 1.0/1.01.
Oct 10, 2016, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurole View Post
Got one build flashed, seems to be working fine!

Felix, in the Kiss GUI it still says OneShot42 but because my ESCs would not connect until I flashed them with the DShot firmware so I assume it is using DShot and just still says OneShot42.

Want to make sure I didn't miss a step.
the FC and ESC firmware versions from the first post do only Dshot, no matter what you setup in the GUI. also the ESC FW only reads Dshot signals. so if you flashed it and it arms the ESC's, you have both flashed right
Oct 10, 2016, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see @sskaug chime in, to talk about the possibility of digital protocols on blheli and blheli_s escs.
Oct 10, 2016, 12:13 PM
Quote:
the FC and ESC firmware versions from the first post do only Dshot, no matter what you setup in the GUI. also the ESC FW only reads Dshot signals. so if you flashed it and it arms the ESC's, you have both flashed right
I figured this was the case, thank you.

Flashed two builds and a quick hover test looks promising.

I did notice something when testing failsafe. There is a slight hum coming from the motors after a failsafe event and the TX reconnects. This hum disappears when the copter is armed once. It is probably nothing and won't effect anything but I have not seen this behavior before.

How to reproduce (Note I am using SBUS with an X4RSB):
  1. Arm FC and Turn off Radio, FC will enter failsafe.
  2. Turn the radio back on but do not arm.
  3. You will hear a humming noise from the motors, similar to how they sound when a motor is trying to start but is obstructed by something
  4. Arm & Disarm the FC and the noise will disappear.

Also, Thanks for doing something like this. It's really nice to get something like this as a free upgrade.

About to go for a few test flights and will report back.
Oct 10, 2016, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic0505 View Post
I'd like to see @sskaug chime in, to talk about the possibility of digital protocols on blheli and blheli_s escs.
I'm not sure if they will work...
Oct 10, 2016, 12:29 PM
Quote:
in theory they should be able to support it.. but we dont have plans to support them with the kissESC FW.. ........

regards

Felix
That's exactly what I thought you were going to say and exactly why I love Flyduino. Making new products doesn't always have to involve making them work with other people's products like so many other companies try to do. I'm happy to hear your only working to make your own stuff work to it's fullest. Was also happy to hear that it's available to use on our already installed components instead of having to buy new hardware. It's like a freebee Great job all around! Keep up the great work!
Oct 10, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw View Post
That's exactly what I thought you were going to say and exactly why I love Flyduino. Making new products doesn't always have to involve making them work with other people's products like so many other companies try to do. I'm happy to hear your only working to make your own stuff work to it's fullest. Was also happy to hear that it's available to use on our already installed components instead of having to buy new hardware. It's like a freebee Great job all around! Keep up the great work!
+1
Flyduino guys, should only focusing on the Kiss gear.
Oct 10, 2016, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurole View Post
I figured this was the case, thank you.

Flashed two builds and a quick hover test looks promising.

I did notice something when testing failsafe. There is a slight hum coming from the motors after a failsafe event and the TX reconnects. This hum disappears when the copter is armed once. It is probably nothing and won't effect anything but I have not seen this behavior before.

How to reproduce (Note I am using SBUS with an X4RSB):
  1. Arm FC and Turn off Radio, FC will enter failsafe.
  2. Turn the radio back on but do not arm.
  3. You will hear a humming noise from the motors, similar to how they sound when a motor is trying to start but is obstructed by something
  4. Arm & Disarm the FC and the noise will disappear.

Also, Thanks for doing something like this. It's really nice to get something like this as a free upgrade.

About to go for a few test flights and will report back.
thanks for the report i will have a look!

regards

felix
Oct 10, 2016, 04:30 PM
WEareFPV.fr
Just DShoted my Kissed Alien who can arm

I hope to find time and good weather to test asap !

Note I could not flash ESC through Kiss RC30 (FC not responding). I tried several times (with GUI and ESC Flasher) before to downgrade in RC29 for successful flash (1st try).
Oct 10, 2016, 05:53 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Oh so many new good things in new Kiss app, Leds + easyLap + many new great features, marvelous! Keep up a good work!
Oct 10, 2016, 06:57 PM
Woohoo!
Great job! Digital is the future for sure! I've just finished repurposing the MSv2 signal to support your protocol on RaceFlight and RaceFlight One. We're ready for testing once the ESC firmware is ready.

Quick Reply