Nov 15, 2016, 10:52 AM
Has Juuuuuut left this thread :-) ?? No more fw releases, is Dshot on Kiss stable now ?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 10:54 AM
Hey! What's gone on here?

Yesterday the Wiki showed •Aikon SEFM v1 30A - 150, 300, 600?
and •Aikon SEFM v2 30A - 150, 300

Today it shows •Aikon SEFM v2 30A - 150, 300, 600
and •Aikon SEFM v1 30A - 150, 300

If the v2 will support Dshot 600, I'll buy a set now.

Happy Days
Nov 15, 2016, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0407
Hey! What's gone on here?

Yesterday the Wiki showed ĽAikon SEFM v1 30A - 150, 300, 600?
Today it shows ĽAikon SEFM v2 30A - 150, 300, 600
and ĽAikon SEFM v1 30A - 150, 300

If the v2 will support Dshot 600, I'll buy a set now.

Happy Days
Dunno about v2s but my v1s are happily running 600
Nov 15, 2016, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheredanine
Dunno about v2s but my v1s are happily running 600
Is it possible to post a picture to indicate which capacitor to remove on the aikon v1's ?

would be of great help
Nov 15, 2016, 11:06 AM
Has anyone tested the Aikon 20SEFM's yet?
Nov 15, 2016, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ben_
Attached pictures of the Aikon 20A & Spedix 20A ESCs with the cap marked (red) which I think possibly has to be removed to make DSHOT work. Not 100% sure yet - will try the Aikon 20A tomorrow. Please note: I don't have any Spedix ESCs here and I'm only assuming that the designs are very close.

Since this is obviously totally untested - I wouldn't recommend anyone to try this yet. Additionally, the capacitor in question is really in a rather bad position for easy removal without the right tools.
Did you remove cap from Aikon 20A? Any luck with DShot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerdude70
Has anyone tested the Aikon 20SEFM's yet?
Yes, they don't work. I did not try removing the cap...
Nov 15, 2016, 11:50 AM
Why is dshot easily working on Kiss24a? Doesnt they have an input filter like the blheli_s escs have?
Nov 15, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolD
Is it possible to post a picture to indicate which capacitor to remove on the aikon v1's ?

would be of great help
Didn't remove a cap.
Nov 15, 2016, 12:36 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Spedix ES 20 lite, a really small esc, does work with Dshot. However you do have to remove a very tiny cap. See the attached pic for the location which is circled in red, the cap has been removed in this pic. I have bench tested Dshot150/300/600 and all worked very well. I also tested multishot and oneshot125, they worked fine and appear to be unaffected by the removal of the cap.
Nov 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine
Has Juuuuuut left this thread :-) ?? No more fw releases, is Dshot on Kiss stable now ?
I've run so many packs with dshot that I now feel as confident with it as I do Oneshot. I've been watching the thread and haven't seen any credible dropouts with the most recent builds. I had issues with earlier builds but those issues were fixed quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log123
Why is dshot easily working on Kiss24a? Doesnt they have an input filter like the blheli_s escs have?
They also use the dma controller of the stm32 chip which none of the blheli escs do.
Nov 15, 2016, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine
Still there
We are preparing the stable release.. this takes some time and more internal testing.
The dshot part seems stable so far in T10. There i dont feel the need to change something

Regards

Felix
Nov 15, 2016, 01:42 PM

Question about protocol values for "Bidirectional"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
Thanks for the fast feedback, to me the first page is not 100% clear on this, so it is good to have a confirmation. I'll ignore throttle calibration settings in DShot then, and set 3D midpoint to the middle between 48 and 2047, at 1048.

Indeed avoiding all the calibration values and confusions that follow is a very good idea.
@sskaug: I am writing a Dshot driver for silverxxx's acro/3D firmware (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2512604) and currently have some test code running on an Arduino to make sure, I get the protocol itself right.

It's already working nicely, but I have a question about the value ranges for normal and bidirectional motor direction: When setting the motor direction to "Normal", motor stop is at 48 and motor speed increases up to the maximum of 2047.

When I select "Bidirectional", the motor ramps up in one direction from 48 to 1047, then abruptly stops and ramps up in the other direction from 1048 to 2047. Is this intentional? I thought for bidi, there is motor off at 1048 and then throttle starts to rise from there in either direction, but this seems not to be the case.
Nov 15, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurole
I've run so many packs with dshot that I now feel as confident with it as I do Oneshot. I've been watching the thread and haven't seen any credible dropouts with the most recent builds. I had issues with earlier builds but those issues were fixed quickly.

They also use the dma controller of the stm32 chip which none of the blheli escs do.
Ok the dma controller affects only the maximum frequency, so for the bb21 dshot600 is max and on the kiss its open. Is this correct?
Nov 15, 2016, 01:52 PM
EU drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genivos
Today I've got my build so far that I finally could get into bench testing Dshot. I'm happy to report that bench testing motor tabs works fine with:

BlueJay F4 Rev3 (betaflight build 3.1.0 #701)
Racerstar MS 25a (A-H-20 REV16.43)

Works fine (so far on the bench!) with Dshot150, 300 and 600. Motors spin nice and quietly.
By the way, startup power is standard 0.50. I tried 0.125 as well and runs the same smooth. Is it still needed to change that? Or just leave at 0.50. Can't really find a clear answer to that. I've seen it's been asked in another thread but there was no answer (as far as I could find out).
Arming the flight controller, motors spin neat. When giving power, it looks like it tries to correct itself (motors start stuttering sometimes but also with Multishot it doest that) so that seems more like the FC tries to correct itself without props, not possible of course.

So far so good I'd say. Can't say on the field yet unfortunately .. weather won't let me

EDIT: no single cap removed from ESCs .. just in case
Unfortunately I have to correct myself here. Been testing more good and it looks like constant desyncing. Tried literally everything I could think off:
- 8/8 synced (no good at all, 2 ESCs didn't work just beeping)
- 8/4 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 8/2 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 4/4 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 4/2 synced - constant desync on mid throttle

I tried combinations with dshot150/300 (didn't even bother 600)
- BF 3.1 16.43 - constant desync on mid throttle

Also tried multishot/oneshot42
- BF 3.0.1 16.4 - constant desync on mid throttle

All ESC signal wires ground on the FC (as I always do) and a 1000uF/25V cap is installed on the batt input on the PDB.
I'm at total loss here, seems not related to Dshot (luckely) but something else.

Tried as well a really low startup power of 0.063 which helped a bit but still desyncing/stuttering.

EDIT: motors become pretty warm/hot when they start stuttering. Checked the screws for touching windings and changed for 1mm shorter ones to make sure they don't touch. So that's not it...
Nov 15, 2016, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genivos
Unfortunately I have to correct myself here. Been testing more good and it looks like constant desyncing. Tried literally everything I could think off:
- 8/8 synced (no good at all, 2 ESCs didn't work just beeping)
- 8/4 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 8/2 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 4/4 synced - constant desync on mid throttle
- 4/2 synced - constant desync on mid throttle

I tried combinations with dshot150/300 (didn't even bother 600)

Also tried multishot/oneshot42
- BF 3.0.1 16.4 - constant desync on mid throttle

All ESC signal wires ground on the FC (as I always do) and a 1000uF/25V cap is installed on the batt input on the PDB.
I'm at total loss here, seems not related to Dshot (luckely) but something else.

Tried as well a really low startup power of 0.063 which helped a bit but still desyncing/stuttering.

EDIT: motors become pretty warm/hot when they start stuttering. Checked the screws for touching windings and changed for 1mm shorter ones to make sure they don't touch. So that's not it...
What you describe as desyncs could also be high frequency oscillations coming from a hard mounted FC and bad gyro.

Quick Reply