Nov 26, 2019, 12:06 AM
James
Good evening to all

This last weekend had a chance to trial run the Blade 5 at Balboa Lake.
The day was windy however by the time I was able to get to the lake the wind was leaving me.
Range checked the boat and and off we went.

Short time run with radio check out and a dry boat..........

First two pictures are from a few months ago with the Red Ants sails and home made stand.
The last two pictures are last week with the Potter Solutions sails and Potter Solutions stand.
If I can find a picture of the stand - will post it.......it's very nice and price is reasonable - check out his site,

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and Holiday
Blessing
James
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2019, 01:17 PM
Very nice looking boat James... Also have Potter's sails and boat stand .

Hope you'll soon enjoy longer sailing time

A few pics of mine under rig n°2 with pocket luff main from Dave Potter.
Nov 27, 2019, 09:05 PM
James
good evening

Thanks Manu - appreciate it.
It's nice that your on the site too since you brought up Potter Solutions. I would have not know David and the stand you showed.
Then talking to David he was able to produce the #1 and #2 sails for me since I had all the doc's for the boat.

I was able to download the picture of the stand - for some reason I couldn't get it on the site last night.
I probably will replace the Red Ant booms on the #1 and #2 with Sailsetc booms in the future.

Couple more pictures and call it a night
The last picture sailing into the sunset seems apropos since it's near the end of the year
Hope everyone has a great holiday and stay safe.
Blessing
James
Nov 29, 2019, 12:45 AM
Thread OP
Glad to see you get your boat together. Awesome another west coast 10 rater sailing. Ryan
Dec 03, 2019, 09:35 PM
James
Good evening

I have a few more pictures from the Woodlawn lake in San Antonio Texas
with Ken Weeks and company.

The pictures were from a 2-3 second video/picture but I was able to work around it.
Beautiful blue P7 and another 10R in the works by Mr. Leon Lances.

Looks like they're building a fleet - I see Regatta in the future - bring it!

Happy Holidays
Blessing
James
Dec 10, 2019, 01:07 PM

GothiX, Frank Russell design

first time in water, just testing. Its the boat from Andy ....
10 Rater "GothiX", first Test (3 min 21 sec)

the weight isn't fixed yet.
Last edited by grafwiloff; Dec 10, 2019 at 04:40 PM.
Dec 11, 2019, 04:46 AM
Ciao Matthias

The GothiX is such a nice looking 10er, the reverse bow is gorgeous.

I hope to have the maxi done soon and then we can meet up somewhere for a session on the water.

Regards from Zurich
Dec 16, 2019, 01:21 PM

weight??

its written: DISP = 5,6 KG
with or without Rigg??
I´m complete unsure
Thanks
Gr Matthias
Dec 16, 2019, 01:27 PM
John - In my private capacity
I would expect the weight to include the heaviest rig - as that affects the waterline limit marks, and therefore the max sail area allowed.

John
Dec 20, 2019, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Awesome posts, keep em coming guys. Way to go Ken Weeks and John Kelsey! James, great pictures. Bring your boat up to SF and race with us. Ryan
Jan 20, 2020, 10:43 PM
James
Good evening to everyone
E-mail from Ken W.

There is an attachment from the e-mail however I could not attach it on here....so I copy and paste the attachment.
Any questions you can contact Ken - his e-mail is at the bottom.
Blessing

Gentlemen I am reaching out to all of you to announce that there will be a regional 10R event. This competition will be held in conjunction with a regional IOM event. The NOR is posted on the AMYA site and wanted to make sure all of you were aware of the event. It has been a very long time since an event of this nature has been held . I encourage each of you to consider coming to the event. It will be held in Corpus Christi Texas late February 2020. Attached is the NOR and a direct link to enter.
Sincerely

Ken Weeks

10R Class Secretary AMYA

2020 Region 5 10R Championship REGATTA
Hosted By: Alamo Sailing Club (AMYA #374) ASC and Corpus Christi Yacht Club
(CCYC) as logistical assistance.
When: Feb. 27th,28th, 29th & March 1st
Where: Corpus Christi Marina, 204 South Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401

NOTICE of RACE
You are cordially invited to participate in the 2020 Region 5 10R Championship REGATTA – A National Ranking Event
FORMAT: Fleet Racing utilizing HMS 2016 for scoring and fleet management. Races will be scheduled around the R5 IOM events. The 10R Class greatly Appreciates the invitation to be a separate part of this event.

SCHEDULE:
Thursday 02/27/20:
12:30; Check-in & Event Measurement, Sail practice (after measurement) 13:25 Check-in and Measurement closed
13:30 Skippers Meeting
13:50 Warning Signal
14:00 First Race.
Last Race at the PRO’s discretion

Friday 02/28/20
08:30 Skipper’s Meeting
08:50 Warning Signal
09:00.......Race
12:00.......No race start 19:30.......Social Event Non-host dinner (?? Harrison’s Landing)

Saturday 02/29/20
10R Lay Day (subject to IOM Racing Events) 19:00 Hosted Dinner Cash Bar (TBA)
Sunday 03/01/20:
14:30.......Open Practice 15:30.......Warning Signal 15:45....... Race 18:30....Awards Ceremony 10R Non Hosted Dinner

RACE OFFICIALS:
Race Chairman: Fred Rocha USA
Principal Race Officer: Mark Foster USA
Protest Committee: TBD

Technical Committee Chairman: John Kelsey USA Scoring & Timekeeping: Fred Rocha USA
RULES: The regatta will be governed by RRS 2017-2020, this Notice of Race (NOR), the Sailing Instructions (SI) the International 10R Class, HMS 2016 and The Equipment Rules of Sailing. The Sailing instructions shall prevail in case of conflict with this Notice of Race.
ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to all Certified 10R class boats. All entrants must be current members of AMYA or their National Authority and have a valid 10R measurement certificate.

REGISTRATION and EVENT MEASUREMENT: Boats with a valid measurement certificate shall be presented for registration on Thursday, Feb. 27th between 12:30 and 13:30 at the CCYC for event measurement. No boat shall be eligible for racing until it has been registered and measured for the event.

WEIGHT SPOT CHECKS: At the discretion of the Race Director, spot checks of sailing weights of randomly selected boats may be conducted during the event. In addition, the top 3 finishing boats in each of the racing days may be checked.

SCORING and RACING SYSTEM: Scoring will be carried out in accordance with the HMS 2016. Promotion/Relegation; The number of boats promoted and relegated may be adjusted by notice in the SI’s or at the discretion of the Race Director at the skippers meeting.

PRE-REGISTRATION and FEES: Please this is a must, to assure no Radio Channel conflict early on, this really help speeds things up on race days. Also allows us to have adequate amount of food and drinks. Entries are to be made using the official entry form below and forwarded to the address below.
OR to register online: https://form.jotform.com/200164799870969
Entry fee is USD$25.00 per boat and includes lunch and beverages for the 3 days. Fees are payable
on the Online Entry Form. If paying by check, please mail to:
Stephen Paul Washburn Attn: 2020 Reg 5 10R CR
18302 Dana Irvine, CA. 92618

FREQUENCIES: Permitted frequency bands are FCC-approved surface bands. Transmitters on 75 MHz must be narrow band certified. Radio frequencies will be allocated on a “first come first served” basis. NO CONFLICTS will be allowed. Each competitor is required to have a minimum of three (3) additional frequencies available. 2.4 Ghz radios are permitted and are exempt from rule E2.4 in the RRS.
AWARDS: Top 5 positions in the results. This is an AMYA Red Chevron event.

LIABILITY: All those entering or taking part in this regatta do so at their own risk and responsibility. IRSA, AMYA, USA 10R NCA, Alamo Sailing Club Corpus Christi Yacht Club and or any other parties involved in the organization of this event disclaim all responsibility whatsoever for loss, damage, injury or inconvenience that might occur to persons and goods, both ashore and on the water as a consequence of entering or participating in the event covered by this Notice of Race. At all times the responsibility for the safety of their boat and themselves including the decision to participate or continue shall rest with the competitors. By entering this event, it is deemed that you accept these conditions. Competitors are advised to ensure that they have adequate insurance that provides coverage for public liability and their possible injury in the Country and County of this event.

CONDUCT: Poor competitor behavior can reflect negatively on the sport, and all competitors are advised that their actions will be under scrutiny by race officials. In the event race officials witness any behavior which they deem to be a breach of good manners or sportsmanship, or which may bring the sport into disrepute, the Principal Race Officer assisted by race officials will protest the party in accordance with RRS 2 or 69.1. The PRO, all race officials and observers have been directed to record any incidents which will be dealt with to the full extent available to the Protest Committee. Penalties available to the Protest Committee include exclusion from the race in question or subsequent races, exclusion from the regatta, or other action within the Committee’s jurisdiction.

ENTRY DEADLINE: Entries must be received no later than Sunday Feb. 23rd, 2020
Late entries may be accepted on site only at the discretion of the Race Chairman. Any late entry will be responsible for entering with an unassigned frequency. Late entry shall be paid in cash. There is no refund.

ENTRY FORM ON NEXT PAGE
2020 R5 10R Championship REGATTA ENTRY FORM
Name: _________________________________
City: __________________________________
Email Address: ____________________________________
Emergency contact name: ___________________________ Emergency phone #: _______________________________
State: _______________________
AMYA #: _____________________
Phone #: ( ) -
Channel: Primary: Secondary Alternate:
By signing this entry form I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in the Notice of Race above.
Signature: __________________________________ Date: ______________________________________
EMAIL this form with copies of AMYA Card, Boat Certificate and proof of payment to: Ken Weeks 10R CS
[email protected]
Hull Design: ______________________ Hull Number: ______________________

Quick Reply