Oct 09, 2016, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
Question

Tips on a more quiet build (nice neighbor)

So I have a 5" 220mm frame with 2208 motors and 2300kv on 4s. It is great and super powerful.... but very loud. I have a field behind my house I can fly in right off my backyard and I have decided it is time for a quieter build.
I want power, but at the same time the goal is to keep it quiet so the neighbors don't care versus the dirtbike in the air of a 220mm I have. Is 4" props going to be considerably louder than 3" or is the pitch going to matter more? I know BN are louder but I'm open to suggestions.
I was thinking something in the 120-160mm range but wanted some opinions from others on noise and their experiences.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2016, 10:47 PM
I noticed changing my props from 2 blades to 3 blades reduced the noise significantly.
Oct 10, 2016, 01:12 PM
Delicous salad addition
Yep, noticed the same thing myself. Just tried out 3bladed props a month or so ago and was surprised how much quieter it was.
Oct 13, 2016, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Well I already use 5x4x3 props already and even sometimes some 5x4x4 props but I cant hear much of a difference between the two myself. I plan on keeping the 5" frame, just with winter coming up and not having much time to travel I was hoping a nice 3" 130-160mm frame would be a bit better. Would be running 3x4x4 props with 3900kv @ 4cell is my plan so far....

Quick Reply