Oct 09, 2016, 11:10 AM
Discussion

new Graupner/SJ rc control "mz-24 Pro"

The „new“ Graupner/SJ „mz-24 Pro“, presented by Hoellein in Germany, looking like the old fashioned mz-20 (and additionally mx-20 with some differences too) seems to be on stock now. Instead of some cosmetics, which, due to my opinion, are not the problem we have had with this rc, concerning its programming features, usability and the documentation, which in my opinion, are a horror trip, couldn't make it really "new".

Nearly 3 years ago, the mx-20 came to the market and the first documentation was about 200 pages long but for me, and not only for me, it is an unusable horror-trip caused by complicated expressions instead of former, easy understandable diagrams, visible with one view. They enhanced this difficult understandable horror-trip by additional 100 pages without any remarkable change on its content, logic also ? No way, for me it's the same as it was !

No product presentation, no explanation to the users, just an addition to the market ?

If Graupner/SJ would like to bore its users, they should continue this, sorry, nonsense.

If not, they should at once add usable and easy understandable explanations and discribe in detail, what should be "new".
Last edited by Alexandreij; Oct 09, 2016 at 11:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2016, 11:42 AM
Hmmm, not familiar with the MZ-20. The MX-20 is based on the MC-20 tray radio. Both the MX-20 and MC-20 are quite popular world wide (especially in Europe) and this is the first I've heard of someone not being happy with the programming.

The MZ-24 is more popular in the US and Asian markets. Most of the users I know have figured out the software without much issue. Others certainly struggle. Most of these struggles I think are from refusing to use qlinks (flight modes) or being hung up on how their previous radio worked. For me personally, I was able to figure out most of the programming without the need for the manual.

As far as the MZ-24 pro goes, I think the addition of logical functions is probably they biggest addition. If you forget what your switches do, the addition of voice notifications is useful. Of course the new gimbals are a nice touch. The other nice thing is the price is not crazy (at least in the US market) and seems to be inline with getting upgraded gimbals and a bigger battery over the regular MZ-24.

I know Graupner USA is working on an updated manual for the MZ-24 pro (at least an English version of it).

I expect there will be a more formal announcement in the US once the radio is available for purchase.

Tom
Last edited by Kiesling; Oct 09, 2016 at 11:27 PM.
Oct 09, 2016, 11:09 PM
Alexander, if you want to know more about the mz-24 PRO you can find plenty of information here:

http://www.graupnerusa.com/mz-24-PRO...itter-Red.html

You can also find in the mz-24 PRO download section release notes for what is new.
Oct 10, 2016, 01:06 AM
Doberman fan
the mz-24 manual i.m.o. has plenty of images in each section for learning the radio.
Oct 11, 2016, 03:51 AM
The software update for the Mz-24 normal (not PRO) will arrive at the end of the year, as per the doc available to download from graupnerusa.com

In the european website no info about this PRO version....for the moment
Oct 16, 2016, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Alexander, if you want to know more about the mz-24 PRO you can find plenty of information here:

http://www.graupnerusa.com/mz-24-PRO...itter-Red.html

You can also find in the mz-24 PRO download section release notes for what is new.
Hello

but what is the difference between the MZ-24 'Pro' and the 'non Pro' ?

thank you
Oct 16, 2016, 11:35 PM
Doberman fan
at the moment the pro has an upgraded software which will be available to the non later this year, metal gimbols, a 5000 battery and comes with a 8 channel and 2x6 channel.

at the end of the year the pro and non will have the same software so it will be the metal gimbols, the bigger battery and about 30 us dollars more in receivers with the pro (i did napkin math so dont quote my dollars as the exact cost of the receivers)
Oct 19, 2016, 02:12 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
I was reading the manual and noticed on the controls page that there are switches SL1 and SL2. Unfortunately I could not find any good pictures of them anywhere but it looks like they are finger accessible on the back of the radio. Are these slider switches? Can they be assignable to flaps?

Mike
Oct 19, 2016, 02:43 AM
Yes, SL1 and SL2 are ratcheted slider switches on the back of the Tx. They're at the top of the rubber grips, right where your pointer fingers rest. Flaps or any other function can be assigned to them.

By the way, I picked up a Red MZ-24 Pro directly from Graupner USA headquarters yesterday. Not the first Mz-24 Pro sold, but the first one to land in a customer's hands! It's nice to live only 15 minutes away.
Very impressive radio, and extraordinarily impressive for the price.
Last edited by JWink; Oct 19, 2016 at 02:49 AM.
Oct 19, 2016, 08:32 AM
Doberman fan
I'm jealous. Mine is to deliver today but tracking shows signature required. Hopefully my roommate is there since I will be at work
Oct 19, 2016, 08:33 AM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
My 24 has been great though the programming sometimes odd.
Oct 19, 2016, 08:54 AM
Doberman fan
I wonder.... having the pro and non pro could the software be transferred between the two TX and "buy" an early upgrade to the non pro
Oct 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Any risk in trying, or just a reflash? Me? I'll wait.
Oct 19, 2016, 09:04 AM
The radio would be most likely bricked as the update process from mz-24 to pro software requires 4 different updates. Each update puts you at risk rendering your radio useless.

Better wait until we solved this issues as we won't be able to help and support such cases.
Oct 19, 2016, 10:28 AM
Doberman fan
Thanks for the heads up

Quick Reply