Hitec X4 AC Pro AC/DC Charger - RC Groups

Hitec X4 AC Pro AC/DC Charger

One problem with most chargers is they usually only have one or two charge ports that limit the number of batteries you can charge at once. The Hitec X4 AC Pro has four ports...

Hitec X4 AC Pro Charger

Get Charged with Hitec

One problem with most chargers is they usually only have one or two charge ports that limit the number of batteries you can charge at once. The Hitec X4 AC Pro has four ports so you can stay charged and get more flight time in. It's a more powerful version of the X4 AC Plus that still works on both AC (100-240V) and DC (11-18V) input sources. On AC power the unit provides 200 watts total power and it puts out 300 watts in DC mode. It will charge all the latest and old school battery chemistries including high voltage lipos.

Check out all the specs and more on the X4 AC Pro at Hitec.

Oct 10, 2016, 08:15 PM
Pro Semi Driver
Patiently waiting to get my email from Tower that it's in because I just gotta have this to accompany my other charging equipment.
Oct 11, 2016, 07:43 AM
This is a re-badged SkyRc Q200??

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...product_id=221
Oct 11, 2016, 09:01 AM
Pro Semi Driver
Yeah I've seen that before, but I'll still get the Hitec simply because of the money saved with Tower discount.
Oct 11, 2016, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Not quite, it is a charger that we have had our hand in from the start, I have been testing it for a couple of months now and really do love this charger. It has bluetooth built into it with its own APP which makes controlling it a lot more advanced and simpler than just pushing the buttons on the screen, and the APP gives you live feedback about your batteries the entire time. I'm excited about it
Oct 11, 2016, 11:50 AM
That's a cool looking charger
Latest blog entry: My fixed wings
Oct 11, 2016, 12:05 PM
Really wish these supported 24v for input power so that we could use server power supplies as a power source.

-Dave
Oct 11, 2016, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHudspith
Really wish these supported 24v for input power so that we could use server power supplies as a power source.

-Dave
It has its own built in AC supply so there's no need to use a power supply.
Oct 11, 2016, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Not quite, it is a charger that we have had our hand in from the start, I have been testing it for a couple of months now and really do love this charger. It has bluetooth built into it with its own APP which makes controlling it a lot more advanced and simpler than just pushing the buttons on the screen, and the APP gives you live feedback about your batteries the entire time.
What are the differences between this and the Q200 (apart from the Hitec branding)? Specs look identical as far as I can see, and it looks the same physically apart from being moulded in red rather than silver/grey.

I have a Q200 btw and it's a great charger, so if they are essentially the same that's not a bad thing
Oct 11, 2016, 04:30 PM
Quote:
My understanding from your website is that with the built in AC power supply, you have 200 watts to work with across 4 channels. With a DC Power source, you have 300 watts or 100 watts more. That's a significant difference and might be a good reason to use a DC Power supply if you need the extra 100 watts. I suppose a 12 volt supply with somewhere near 50 amps of current would be plenty, but I still wish I could plug in my 24 volt dc power supply.

-Dave
Oct 11, 2016, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
What are the differences between this and the Q200 (apart from the Hitec branding)? Specs look identical as far as I can see, and it looks the same physically apart from being moulded in red rather than silver/grey.
The chargers are built to our specifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHudspith
My understanding from your website is that with the built in AC power supply, you have 200 watts to work with across 4 channels. With a DC Power source, you have 300 watts or 100 watts more. That's a significant difference and might be a good reason to use a DC Power supply if you need the extra 100 watts. I suppose a 12 volt supply with somewhere near 50 amps of current would be plenty, but I still wish I could plug in my 24 volt dc power supply.

-Dave
Well if you already have a 24v power supply you probably more than likely have a high powered charger (more than 300W I'd assume) that runs off of 24v?
Oct 12, 2016, 09:08 AM
I Fly!
Looks cool, so I see USB ports in this too. I assume I can charge phones and Mobius type cameras on them while charging batteries.

The manual shows a nice accessory pack, but looks like only 2 balance boards. Also looks like only 2 ports, A and B, can have 50-100 watts, while ports C and D are 0-50 watts. Looks like you can get 100 watts on ports A and B at the same time on DC and 50 watts on C and D at the same time. Would it be worth it to get a 12-18 Volt power supply to get the extra Watts?

http://hitecrcd.com/images/products/..._Manual_V7.pdf
Oct 12, 2016, 09:37 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
There apparently is if you want to take advantage of the full 300W (total) output power.

Pete
Oct 12, 2016, 09:44 AM
Quote:
The chargers are built to our specifications.
Can you expand on that i.e. what's different in your specs.?
Oct 12, 2016, 11:02 AM
There are differences in internal components and software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb
Looks cool, so I see USB ports in this too. I assume I can charge phones and Mobius type cameras on them while charging batteries.
Yes. It's 5v/2.1A.

Quote:
The manual shows a nice accessory pack, but looks like only 2 balance boards.
Yes, it includes an XH and a universal to get you going. If you need more then there are more available.

Quote:
Also looks like only 2 ports, A and B, can have 50-100 watts, while ports C and D are 0-50 watts. Looks like you can get 100 watts on ports A and B at the same time on DC and 50 watts on C and D at the same time. Would it be worth it to get a 12-18 Volt power supply to get the extra Watts?
Really depends, I have never found the need for DC power the whole time I have been testing it aside from use out in the field and I've charged 2s, 3s, 4s, and a 6s from 1900mah to 3600mah- if you really insist on it you can use DC power to get 100W on A and B, and 50W on C and D.