Avanti XS - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 08, 2016, 03:52 PM
Discussion

Avanti XS

Anyone get one of these these? I am sure the airframe is top not ch but curious about the gear considering the issues with the mini Avanti.
Brian

https://www.lindinger.at/de/flugzeug...o-impeller-edf
Last edited by Tumbler; Oct 08, 2016 at 04:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2016, 05:05 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
I setup a notification then they are in-stock, nothing yet. I am also worried about the gear...

Jack
Oct 08, 2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah that is my only reservation. So let me ask a dumb question. The price said it includes the VAT. When I trid putting the plane and the gear in my cart, the price drops a couple hundred Euros.why is that? It said only 29 Euros to ship which seems cheap.

BTW the blue one is in stock. I want the blue white and gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
I setup a notification then they are in-stock, nothing yet. I am also worried about the gear...

Jack
Oct 08, 2016, 06:17 PM
Official Boat Bum
I'm on the same notification as Jack, have heard nothing, no updates. If this aircraft uses the same stock gear as the Avanti S than it should probably be OK...

I am flying the Sebart PC-21 XL with the same gear and struts as the Avanti S and so far, at 24 pounds, I have not had any issues at all. One thing you MUST do with the Sebart gear is when you get it, take it all apart including the brakes assemblies, clean the set screws of oil and fit the parts back together and lock tite. This seems elementary to many but a lot of the complaints in my research (when I was building my PC-21) go back to people having issues with gear parts coming loose and damaging the gear and gear mounts. The brakes are also a little different in they are a carbon pad type of brake. The wheel attachment is a single screw to the strut axle mount and you have to screw that in just semi-tight (not firmly) with lock tite or the breaks can grab. If you assemble and secure them properly they work wonderfully. If you pull them out of the bags, mount them and go, there will probably be issues. Also I hear guys who are above 30 pounds start to see the limits of the gear if they fly off grass or rough fields; there have been reports of soft metal gear housings at those weights.

At the weights of XS, I would think the gear would be IMHO plenty strong. My only concern with the gear is Sebart charges a lot for it. The good news is it is very light if you are trying to keep the aircraft light compared to some gear options.

I am actually not going with this jet now however, I am getting a T1 set up instead (turbine). I think the T1 is a very nice jet but it's really in between the Avanti S and the Avanti XS in size, wing area, etc. The good news on the XS is the prototypes seem to fly amazing!
Oct 08, 2016, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler
Yeah that is my only reservation. So let me ask a dumb question. The price said it includes the VAT. When I trid putting the plane and the gear in my cart, the price drops a couple hundred Euros.why is that? It said only 29 Euros to ship which seems cheap.

VAT is paid by EU countries only, if you buy it here, VAT is deducted...

Jack
Oct 08, 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote:

Look carefully, Lindiger has BOTH with no gear, Blue (is the old Sebart scheme) and Tri-Color is the Italian scheme. With no gear and shipping included, it's right around $1,400...

Jack
Oct 09, 2016, 08:57 AM
Yep thats what I got too. Significantly cheaper than JRUSA

Quote:
Look carefully, Lindiger has BOTH with no gear, Blue (is the old Sebart scheme) and Tri-Color is the Italian scheme. With no gear and shipping included, it's right around $1,400...

Jack
Oct 09, 2016, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Yep thats what I got too. Significantly cheaper than JRUSA
I think about the same price? I only meant they have both colors with no gear, not that their price was better or unexpected...

Jack
Oct 09, 2016, 10:14 AM
The airframe is $100 more plus they charge for shipping on top of that.

http://www.jramericas.com/235180/

Quote:
I think about the same price? I only meant they have both colors with no gear, not that their price was better or unexpected...

Jack
Oct 13, 2016, 03:52 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Anyone get one of these these? I am sure the airframe is top not ch but curious about the gear considering the issues with the mini Avanti.
Brian

https://www.lindinger.at/de/flugzeug...o-impeller-edf
What kind of issues with the mini? Do you see it as a good alternative to the XXX? Since i already have a 120mm fan I can run on 16S I've been sorta, kinda, maybe interested in getting an Avanti ever since Jack had such good luck with his (at least I assume he's still happy with his?)

Joe
Oct 13, 2016, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
What kind of issues with the mini? Do you see it as a good alternative to the XXX? Since i already have a 120mm fan I can run on 16S I've been sorta, kinda, maybe interested in getting an Avanti ever since Jack had such good luck with his (at least I assume he's still happy with his?)

Joe
Joe,

Just be warned the airframe is fat, it's not designed to go "fast" as much as act like a flying body and provide stable and very aerobatic flight. I've never been happier with a jet's flight characteristics as with the Avanti, it is so fun to fly, I can't say enough. Issues with mini were limited to landing gear, which took some time to convince Seba to upgrade (cheap struts and retract units that really used too soft aluminum for screws not to strip if torqued enough), I do not expect the same issue here but no one has seen them yet. You can of course purchase one without gear and use your own but IMO I doubt he'll let that issue happen twice. I expect this new 1.9M to be a great aerobatic performer...

Jack
Oct 13, 2016, 11:34 AM
Hey Jack,
I have a XXX and a Spark for speed. I want something this for aerobatics. Will be cool to do fast and slow knife edge.
My only complaint is the color choices. Dont like either of them. I Freakn love the red, yellow, and black one. Wish it came in that scheme.
Depending on what I get for me 4th quarter bonus will be the deciding factor on this one.
Brian

Quote:
Joe,

Just be warned the airframe is fat, it's not designed to go "fast" as much as act like a flying body and provide stable and very aerobatic flight. I've never been happier with a jet's flight characteristics as with the Avanti, it is so fun to fly, I can't say enough. Issues with mini were limited to landing gear, which took some time to convince Seba to upgrade (cheap struts and retract units that really used too soft aluminum for screws not to strip if torqued enough), I do not expect the same issue here but no one has seen them yet. You can of course purchase one without gear and use your own but IMO I doubt he'll let that issue happen twice. I expect this new 1.9M to be a great aerobatic performer...

Jack
Oct 13, 2016, 12:40 PM
I'd love to see this in Yellow as well! I know for a fact Seba was asked to produce it in Yellow, he's hard headed about color scheme's but why not produce it in what seems everyone else's favorite?!

Jack
Oct 13, 2016, 01:30 PM
Exactly!!!

Quote:
I'd love to see this in Yellow as well! I know for a fact Seba was asked to produce it in Yellow, he's hard headed about color scheme's but why not produce it in what seems everyone else's favorite?!

Jack
Oct 13, 2016, 05:57 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Joe,

Jack
Thanks Jack!