Blade Vortex 150 Pro BNF Basic - Page 84 - RC Groups
Jun 11, 2017, 10:10 PM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats
I have just gotten started with the 150 size. I am really liking the Torrent 110 and am "comfortable" with it. I can't race around but I can get around my 3 acre yard fairly well and it is tolerant of minor contact withe the ground. I have a Vortex 250 pro that is great but is much more responsive (read as too much for me at this point) and it wants to haul a$$ so I am trying the 150 out to se if I can find a happy medium as a step up to the 250.

After a few initial flights it is a big step up from the Torrent 110 but is much easier for me to control than the 250. I'm still very new to the 150.

I am a novice at the outdoor FPV game but i have been bitten by the bug. I fly quite a bit of fixed wing but as I am a pilot as a profession there is just something great about being in the drivers seat at the controls rather than spectating with a TX.

Durability with a ham fisted pilot remains to bee see. With the 150.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2017, 07:41 PM
Life Is Good
Does anyone (especially spektrum flyers) have a spare rx cable that came with the vortex 150? I just picked one up and it did not come with an sbus cable (came with spektrum). I am willing to pay if someone has one. I have looked allover and they appear to be back ordered. Thanks in advance.
Latest blog entry: Blade USB
Jun 12, 2017, 07:47 PM
T-28 abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocubed
Does anyone (especially spektrum flyers) have a spare rx cable that came with the vortex 150? I just picked one up and it did not come with an sbus cable (came with spektrum). I am willing to pay if someone has one. I have looked allover and they appear to be back ordered. Thanks in advance.
I might, I need to look later when home.
Jun 12, 2017, 08:31 PM
Life Is Good
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstatik
I might, I need to look later when home.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Jun 13, 2017, 12:52 AM
T-28 abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocubed
Thanks, I appreciate it.
One of these is what you need?
Jun 13, 2017, 06:01 AM
Life Is Good
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstatik
One of these is what you need?
Yes, the one with the servo connector.
Jun 14, 2017, 08:11 PM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats
Can you hook the Vortex150 up to BetaFlight (or CleanFlight) and change the arming/disarming from the throttle to a switch? If so how?

I'm using a Spektrum DX9.
Jun 17, 2017, 03:20 PM
Still have the Problem: At full Throttle, the Quad move to one side.
Any suggestions?
Had the Problem with the Stock Motors, and still with new Motors.
Betaflight 3.1.7 (!)

Betaflight 3.1.7 - Full Throttle Problem (0 min 54 sec)
Jun 19, 2017, 05:28 AM
i ve got the same problem . at full throttle , it rotate to the right a little bit and when i reduce throttle , it return to the previous position.
i try several pid modification without success.

I wonder if a motor doesnt have a probleme but as there is no blackbox , difficult to see.

i wonder also if i can flashback to factory 3.0.1 Betaflight to check if betaflight 3.1.7 is not the problem
Jun 19, 2017, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if there's any difference between the blade version and the immersion besides the color and the included receiver?
Jun 20, 2017, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legnolpi
i ve got the same problem . at full throttle , it rotate to the right a little bit and when i reduce throttle , it return to the previous position.
i try several pid modification without success.

I wonder if a motor doesnt have a probleme but as there is no blackbox , difficult to see.

i wonder also if i can flashback to factory 3.0.1 Betaflight to check if betaflight 3.1.7 is not the problem
I've read this is caused by a bug in BF 3.1.7 . That was a few weeks ago so it's probably still not fixed.
Jun 20, 2017, 06:29 AM
I'm looking for some help. I'd like to arm by the use of a switch but looking at the receiver tab ,
BF only recognizes the 3 way switch which takes care of the flight modes.
I tried flipping all switches but there's no movement in their travel at all.

Using a DX8 g2 , ran through setup through OSD and I haven't flashed the FC.
Anybody have any advice ?
Jun 20, 2017, 02:26 PM
Zikoo, I've no idea about brand specific TX or RX.
But in general: it depends on the amount of channels the receiver can handle.
If you're using the stock Spektrumrc RX, it can handle up to 7 channels in my case.
That amount should be more then enough.
With more channels setup in your TX, you may get strange behaviours I noticed (so was my vortex more jumping like a frog instead of a nice hover )

So you may decrease the amount of channels, and have the vortex bound with your TX, then connect to your pc with usb (props off!).
Then in the betaflught setup just assign the arming option and try your switch on the TX. If no response, just select another "aux" option in the arm- bar.
Jun 20, 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4F
Zikoo, I've no idea about brand specific TX or RX.
But in general: it depends on the amount of channels the receiver can handle.
If you're using the stock Spektrumrc RX, it can handle up to 7 channels in my case.
That amount should be more then enough.
With more channels setup in your TX, you may get strange behaviours I noticed (so was my vortex more jumping like a frog instead of a nice hover )
Thanks, I figured it out with the help of your post and got it working now. I forgot to check a 3 way switch and the R-knob , which happened to be the ones the remaining channels were mapped to
Jun 20, 2017, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sirk
Does anyone know if there's any difference between the blade version and the immersion besides the color and the included receiver?
Besides the things you've mentioned , I think it's just the 2 pro-tune profiles which have been added to the Blade version. There's a beginner and an advanced tune available to choose from.