Oct 07, 2016, 02:30 PM
Ceiling tile jet club
This looks great, love the twin micro EDF idea. Its expensive in the UK though, over 200.
Most likely still get one though.

Edit: hobby shop now confirms price at 125, that's much better so I've pre-ordered one now!
Last edited by porkster; Oct 08, 2016 at 09:55 AM. Reason: New confirmed priced
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2016, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
Relax friend...the 450mah batteries (one option) are very popular...used in the "crack yak" style 3D profiles, and the 800mah batteries can be had for $9 from H.H.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/800mah-2...jst-p-kxsb0009
Does it need seprate battery lead or adapter to charge the battery when you go for 2s 800mah?
Oct 07, 2016, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2flywarbird
Does it need seprate battery lead or adapter to charge the battery when you go for 2s 800mah?
Both the 450 and 800 have JST connectors.
Oct 07, 2016, 05:37 PM
DFS#000178
I'm thinking Graphene 950s. Only a couple grams heavier and a mm or 2 bigger in all dimensions. Claimed 65c and half the price of the EFlite 800s.
Oct 07, 2016, 07:37 PM
Fly more Foam
For the size i just figured what scale this is and i think the sky is the limit on choice of schemes. Specially when model decals in the 1/32 size is nearly a perfect fit.
This EF A-10 comes in at 1/31.22 scale!!!!!!!! Yea baby!!!
Oct 07, 2016, 08:25 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
For the size i just figured what scale this is and i think the sky is the limit on choice of schemes. Specially when model decals in the 1/32 size is nearly a perfect fit.
That also means that ordnance kits will fit. So our A-10s can carry as much 1/32nd scale freedom & democracy as we can glue on them!
Oct 07, 2016, 10:10 PM
Huff6
Does the a-10 umx come with safe?
Oct 07, 2016, 11:46 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by huff6
Does the a-10 umx come with safe?
SAFE Select isn't one of the listed features so probably not.
Oct 08, 2016, 01:52 AM
Ceiling tile jet club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
That is great news.
My hobby shop said he's expecting it next month, no rest for my wallet until after Christmas I fear
Oct 08, 2016, 07:26 AM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkster
That is great news.
My hobby shop said he's expecting it next month, no rest for my wallet until after Christmas I fear
Same here - I showed this to my GF (she flies too) and she said "There goes the checkbook." LOL

I've got a spare UMX P-47, the BL P-51, and now this on my short list of micros to buy.
Oct 08, 2016, 09:34 AM
Southwest VA, USA

VIDEO: E-flite's new UMX A-10 Twin EDF

E-flite UMX™ A-10 BL BNF Basic (3 min 53 sec)
Oct 08, 2016, 10:16 AM
I would like to have a twin EDF airliner that is a small UMX size. There is a video of a pretty big electric Warthog on the other thread flying very slowly INDOORS. It retracts its LG a few times while flying. Its takeoff run and landing roll were only a few feet. Its flaps could not have made such a big difference. It flew similar to the big airliner that flew very slowly indoors, but its structure was a lightweight bag filled with helium.

The ad for this E-flite Warthog says it can fly in a school gym. Can you imagine its (zoom) speed?
Oct 08, 2016, 11:05 AM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
I would like to have a twin EDF airliner that is a small UMX size. There is a video of a pretty big electric Warthog on the other thread flying very slowly INDOORS. It retracts its LG a few times while flying. Its takeoff run and landing roll were only a few feet. Its flaps could not have made such a big difference. It flew similar to the big airliner that flew very slowly indoors, but its structure was a lightweight bag filled with helium.

The ad for this E-flite Warthog says it can fly in a school gym. Can you imagine its (zoom) speed?
Does it float like this one?
WORLD´S FIRST RC TURBINE MODEL JET FOR INDOOR FLIGHT / Leipzig Germany 2016 (3 min 22 sec)
Oct 08, 2016, 11:25 AM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
That also means that ordnance kits will fit. So our A-10s can carry as much 1/32nd scale freedom & democracy as we can glue on them!
*facepalm* LOL

It does have a lot of choices there.
Oct 08, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk
Does it float like this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459s5GrXr8Q
The A10s that flew at this same event flew at least as slow. They were pretty large as well, at least 6' wingspans.
I would guess they were mostly built with 3mm or thinner depron. Real floaters.
I think they were with the same RC team, same shirts.

Quick Reply