E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog

The feared Warthog makes it's UMX debut. Now you can fly gymnasium strafing runs and yank and bank sorties!

Splash

The A-10 Thunderbolt Goes UMX!

E-flite certainly has a knack for introducing one awesome UMX aircraft after another! This time, it's the A-10 Warthog, a plane loved by it's pilots and aviation buffs, and feared by the enemy on the ground. The all new E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog features removable landing gear with a steerable nose wheel, twin 28mm ducted fans with powerful 13,500Kv BL motors, AS3X technology, four channel control with dual working rudders, and some impressive scale lines! With a wingspan of 22", the UMX Warthog is just big enough for indoor sorties and outdoor flying in calm wind. The A-10 is due out in late November, and will retail for $149.99.

E-Flite A-10 Detailed Look and Flight (7 min 43 sec)

CLICK HERE for more info on tha all new E-flite UMX A10 Warthog

Specs:

• Wingspan: 22.1 in (562mm)
  • Overall Length: 20.3 in (516mm)
  • Wing Area: 83.7 sq in (5.40 sq dm)
  • Flying Weight: 5.9oz (168g)
  • Motor Size: BL180m, 13500Kv inrunner brushless motor
  • Radio: 4ch
  • CG (center of gravity): 36mm back from leading edge of wing @ root
  • Recommended Battery: 800mAh 2S 7.4V 20C LiPo 20AWG JST

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Oct 06, 2016 at 12:20 PM..
Oct 06, 2016, 10:33 AM
Pile-it
Well, I guess I'm going to have to have one of these.....
Oct 06, 2016, 10:43 AM
I'd rather be flying!

Excellent choice, HH!!!

Thanks, guys!!

I've been waiting for this day, ever since the UMX MiG 15 revolutionized the performance of small, true-scale-outline EDFs!!!!

Joel
Oct 06, 2016, 11:03 AM
I knew they were going to be the first to produce a Twin Micro BNF EDF Jet! Nice Job. Gotta have it.
Oct 06, 2016, 11:16 AM
FoamyFactory.com
SWEET! A baby Hog!
Oct 06, 2016, 11:41 AM
seems like everything new and cool that come out seems to use some new or uncommon battery size. uhg
Oct 06, 2016, 11:46 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR
seems like everything new and cool that come out seems to use some new or uncommon battery size. uhg
Back in the days of the Blade CX2, the 2S 800 pack was plentiful. Didn't have the C rating for this Warthog, however.
Oct 06, 2016, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR
Relax friend...the 450mah batteries (one option) are very popular...used in the "crack yak" style 3D profiles, and the 800mah batteries can be had for $9 from H.H.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/800mah-2...jst-p-kxsb0009
Oct 06, 2016, 11:48 AM
very nice - this should be a good one!
Oct 06, 2016, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Thanks, guys!!

I've been waiting for this day, ever since the UMX MiG 15 revolutionized the performance of small, true-scale-outline EDFs!!!!

Joel
JOEL!!

How you been brother? Long time no talk to...

I haven't been into the UM's much lately but the new 182 (great plane to let a total stranger fly at a park with the SAFE) and this new hot to trot A-10 have me wanting a couple of UM's!

Adam
Oct 06, 2016, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
Relax friend...the 450mah batteries (one option) are very popular...used in the "crack yak" style 3D profiles, and the 800mah batteries can be had for $9 from H.H.
I know how and where to buy batteries, I just hate having a fleet of planes where each one has its own unique set of batteries. I love that I have a gaggle of 2200 3s batteries that will work in 4+ different planes depending on what fits my fly situation for that day. and if I destroy the model, I dont have a bunch of useless batteries laying around. now if I could stuff the 2s 1300 form the DR/Consendo S in this, I would put it on my wish list.
Oct 06, 2016, 12:25 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
It's cute.... and I think I want one!
Oct 06, 2016, 12:33 PM
Born to lose-live to win!!
My favorite childhood plane!!!! Its going in the hangar....
Oct 06, 2016, 12:33 PM
I need one of these for sure.
Oct 06, 2016, 12:35 PM
I'd rather be flying!

A tale of two Thunderbolts

Great job, guys!! That's both of my favorite ground-attack planes of all-time done in UMX scale in one year!

And it looks like this 'Hog has lots of grunt! Vertical appears to be nearly unlimited!

Preordered!

Joel