Dec 22, 2017, 06:36 AM
Thread OP
I think those using the pdf files are cutting parts by hand, using the file to create a sort of printwood kit. I know nothing about lasers, so can't comment further on that.

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2017, 07:49 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Ahh ok thanks
Dec 22, 2017, 11:45 AM
flying beam
Look at this https://www.vth.de/fmt/cad-bibliothe...-zum-fraesteil

And this : cadkas PDF2DXF
Dec 22, 2017, 07:01 PM
I have a tiny FrSky receiver I am planning on using, but I need a recommendation for a 1S brushed speed control.
I would have bought from HK, but they seem to be out of stock.
It seems like I remember seeing a combo micro receiver, and esc, but I can't seem to find one now.
I have the ability to use the FrSky, or DSM.
Any recommendations?
Dec 23, 2017, 06:04 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie111
I have a tiny FrSky receiver I am planning on using, but I need a recommendation for a 1S brushed speed control.
I would have bought from HK, but they seem to be out of stock.
It seems like I remember seeing a combo micro receiver, and esc, but I can't seem to find one now.
I have the ability to use the FrSky, or DSM.
Any recommendations?
https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-4CH-Mi...r_warehouse=CN
Dec 23, 2017, 06:34 AM
Neophyte hacker
FWIW, the files in the first post could be used as cut files without any modifications or tracing. Just load into something like Corel and send to the laser.

The reason this works is because they are vector files, not pictures. I would guess that Pete created the drawings in CAD and then saved in pdf format. So, any drawing program that will import the pdf files could be used to sent to a laser for cutting.

charlie
Dec 23, 2017, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
Or, the second option Blackmoon showed works quite well for those without Corel (I don't) to convert them back to dxf format. I've just been using it on some files I lost the CAD work for when a hard drive died.

That receiver, with lighter motor wires and the smallest servo(s) should be okay. Still considerably heavier than the <1 gram of an actuator and DT receiver though.
I had been looking at this set-up, and do have one on order. Not too sure about the 90 mAh battery. About twice the size I was intending to fit. Does come with a 6mm motor unit though.

https://www.banggood.com/TY-Model-2_...r_warehouse=CN

Pete
Last edited by PETERRAKE; Dec 23, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Dec 23, 2017, 11:26 AM
Sirpercy,

That's what I was looking for.
Thanks for the link.

I ordered one. I'll post pics when I get everything together, and weigh it all after assembly.
Dec 23, 2017, 11:41 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Thanks for the tips guys. Tested pdf2dxf on a file that seems not to be vectorized but need alot more time fiddling around to get acceptable results.
And thats later in the holidays sadly.

/Ulf
Dec 23, 2017, 12:57 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie111
Sirpercy,

That's what I was looking for.
Thanks for the link.

I ordered one. I'll post pics when I get everything together, and weigh it all after assembly.

I have found that this receiver with 2 linear or HK micro servos, the AR6410, and the Tactic brick all weigh right at 5 grams. I have started using the Bangggod receiver because it offers flexibility with installations, since you can mount the separate servos away from the receiver. Banggood also has this receiver in Futaba FHSS protocol. Just be sure your servos have the 1mm pitch connectors.
Dec 29, 2017, 05:53 PM

Franken monoplane

I used the shape of the Fuse and could not bring myself to add a lower wing.

I blew up the Fuse to 125% and increased the WS to 19”. I Used a combination of .25 durrobatics and 1/32 balsa strips (1/16 for the leading edge) rather than go for stick and tissue.

I am at 17.8g with a vapor motor in place.
Dec 29, 2017, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Do you reckon the Vapor motor will cope at that size? It's a lot more bulk than the original design. I have the monoplane version at around 17" but on the stock size fuselage.
it'll be interesting to see how you get on flying it.
Last edited by PETERRAKE; Dec 29, 2017 at 07:03 PM.
Dec 29, 2017, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
Looking closer at the pic, will you be using struts to get rid of that twist in the wings? or is that intentional?
Dec 29, 2017, 09:44 PM
The twist isn’t as pronounced as it appeared in that photo. I wasn’t planning on struts but they are an option...,

I expect the vapor motor to work out as long as I stay below 30g. This will have a lot of drag, so I expect it will go up and down slowly.

Fritz

Quick Reply