Oct 04, 2016, 12:55 PM
espritmodel.com
Discussion

Jeti Studio, Telemetry Data Visualization & Jeti DS/DC-24 Tx PC Emulator

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/JETI-Studio-2/

JETI Studio is a cross-platform program for the visualization and analysis of telemetry data received from sensors. The program is available free of charge as a software support to the Duplex product line.

- Graphical visualization of telemetry records produced by the DC/DS (*.log files) and Flight Monitor program (*.jml files)
- Direct support for JETIBOX profi - reading log files and real-time telemetry Real-time telemetry visualization
- Device updates - you can easily update your receivers, sensors etc.
- EX Bus devices configuration
- Integrated DC/DS-24 transmitter emulator

to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2016, 03:17 PM
Michael

Any Way to Set DC-24 as Emulated Tx?

No problems installing the Jeti Studio, but I did experience a couple of anomalies when trying to run the DC-24 emulator.
  • Specifically, when it launched, the screen shows the Czech language, presumably. I had to click on "F5" to confirm power up in order to change localization to "en", for me.
  • I wanted to load one of my models that I had been using as a Lua sandbox. It appeared that I have to copy my models from my DC-24 to the emulator's Model folder; I then could select them indirectly - no direct appearance of my specific models.
  • The switch states did not conform to my model's specific initial switch position requirement, but the TX image showing what was incorrect was a DS-24 and I cannot see how to change it to a DC-24. I even uninstalled and removed all the files, then reinstalled. The splash screen says "DC-24", but the TX image is a DS-24.
Looking at Log files is much better than using Data Explorer.

Looks as if this will be a very nice tool.

Michael
Oct 06, 2016, 04:07 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Anyone found out how, or even if it is possible, to zoom in on the timeline in the chart?

I would like to be able to view in detail a few seconds in a 15 minute flight. I know I can look at the raw data in the table, but often the graphics in the chart give a better understanding of what is happening.

Dick
Oct 06, 2016, 06:36 AM
I was able to zoom in & out using the scroll wheel on my mouse.
Oct 06, 2016, 06:47 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Yes that works - thanks Geoff.

Dick
Nov 18, 2016, 12:56 AM
Is there a manual or instructions?
Nov 18, 2016, 07:20 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
The closest I have found to a manual is the Help menu in Studio.

Dick
Nov 18, 2016, 07:43 AM
Michael
That's how I've been learning. That, and requests for help in this forum; usually someone has poked around enough to offer suggestions.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickw
The closest I have found to a manual is the Help menu in Studio.

Dick
May 07, 2017, 12:36 PM
Proverbs 12:15
Looking at the Jeti DC-24 ... are the menus in the emulator the same as the DC-24? I want to play with the menus and get a feel for setting up airplanes & helicopters.
I know about the "test drive" but 2 weeks isn't enough time to evaluate the Tx given a busy schedule during certain times of the year.

Also can you download models from a Tx, modify the model setups on a PC and then upload to a Tx?

Doug B.
May 07, 2017, 04:21 PM
Michael
Comments embedded, below.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbo
Looking at the Jeti DC-24 ... are the menus in the emulator the same as the DC-24? I want to play with the menus and get a feel for setting up airplanes & helicopters.
I know about the "test drive" but 2 weeks isn't enough time to evaluate the Tx given a busy schedule during certain times of the year.

I have found that the menus appear identical, but not all features work in the simulator as in the actual DC-24. I find that for some features, I have to download to my DC-24 and test...
I don't recall the specific features other than the obvious (e.g., haptic vibration); I try on the sim, and, if it doesn't work, I download to the Tx and try there.

Also can you download models from a Tx, modify the model setups on a PC and then upload to a Tx?
I frequently download models from a Tx and have modified setups on my PC, but have not gone back the other way, yet. I guess I am a little suspicious about flying a model where the changes took place in the PC and, since not all features work on the PC, I worry a bit. I should mention that folks in my shop used to remind me that "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the world isn't out to get you." So, take my experiences with a grain of salt...

My primary use of the simulator is to test my Lua apps and it is a huge time-saver.

Doug B.
May 08, 2017, 02:13 PM
Proverbs 12:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
Comments embedded

Michael
Thanks Michael.

Ya, I'm nervous making changes on the PC then copying to Tx so had to ask.

I can see how it would help a bunch with lua apps. Very cool.

Doug B.
Dec 05, 2017, 06:16 AM
Hi, is this used for making LUA :Jeti DS/DC-24 Tx PC Emulator?

And is there any website that has an instruction on how to use the emulator to make a 4 cylinder gas motor temp gauge for all 4 cylinders using 2 sets of Jeti MT 300?

Cam S.
Dec 05, 2017, 09:46 AM
Michael
I use the Jeti Studio Tx emulator to develop and test my Lua scripts; works great.

As for "instructions", there are examples in the on-line Lua manual that show generic forms, etc. Design is up to personal choice.

Check out Tero's (TeroS) RC-Thoughts.com for a wide variety of Lua scripts that might come close to what you want. The best part is that Tero shares the source code without charge (just remember to credit him if you reuse portions of his code.)

The manual isn't the greatest; more of a resource than a "how-to", but combined with Tero's, and others', examples, you'll find it fairly straightforward. Tero also has lots of tips for keeping things efficient and workable across the Jeti Tx spectrum (-14 / -16 / -24).

Have fun.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird
Hi, is this used for making LUA :Jeti DS/DC-24 Tx PC Emulator?

And is there any website that has an instruction on how to use the emulator to make a 4 cylinder gas motor temp gauge for all 4 cylinders using 2 sets of Jeti MT 300?

Cam S.
Feb 17, 2018, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHal
Is there a manual or instructions?
I would also be interested in a good instructions guide.
Feb 17, 2018, 04:23 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
I would also be interested in a good instructions guide.
When you install Jeti Studio click on menu, under info.

Quick Reply