Sep 13, 2004, 10:14 PM
Thread OP

i got an e-flite ultimate bipe

i'm going to put it together soon. has anyone put one together yet? any secrets? i read the tribute thread which was outstanding. i plan to incorporate some of the things i read there. let me know if you folks have any tips for the bipe.

philip
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2004, 10:34 PM
Electric Relaxation
Hey Philip I bought an Ultimate bipe today also. What mods are you going to make to your bipe?
Sep 13, 2004, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
triangular stock under wing and stab for alignment. servos thru fuse with silicone. langing gear brace. read the tribute build thread. it has pics of these mods.
Sep 13, 2004, 10:51 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"

I have about 10-15 minutes time on mine so far...

I am fairly pleased. It looks really good in the air. Unless you are flying off pavement or dirt, I would ditch the wheel pants. They tear easily off short grass. I plan on taking on of those brass grommets that come with servos and glueing it in the axle hole on the pants to strengthen them. Make sure the landing gear is one their strong. It bend pretty easily. I have resorted to hand catching at the moment. My landing gear block was glued in backwards. Make sure yours is in according to the manual otherwise you will have to redrill holes for the wire. The plane is surprisingly very ridgid stock. I might consider some triangle balsa under and over the lower wing. Make sure the pushrods are braced well. The setup they had recommended in the manual did not work for me. I had to put the pushrod keepers on depron standoffs away from the body. Have fun! Are you using the stock motor?
Sep 13, 2004, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
i plan to use a himaxx brushless.
Sep 13, 2004, 11:00 PM
Blew out my flip flop
put the battery up on the cabane instead of on the fuse side, it improves the knife edge!!

Later,
David
Sep 14, 2004, 09:19 AM
Cumulus Altimus

E-flight Ub

well i have a huge problem with mine,slow flights are pefect.just about 1/2 thruttle the plane nose gose up in to a loop,will not invert kind of roll it self out also in the inverted position it will nose up ,it takes just about full up elevator on the radio to keep it flying knife edge ,forget it it will pull in like i have given it full down elevator,i have balanced the cg right on,i have mouved battery back and forth,cheked the alinment of the wing body.just cant figer it out.any pointers if i have missed somthing.i have an astro 010 with gsw 6.6.1 GB.
ben

Quick Reply