Align 550X Dominator Combo

Align releases the new 550X Dominator combo to match up with the others in the Trex family.

Splash

The 550X Dominator is the newest release from Align in the 600 helicopter class.

Align is filling the gaps with new combo releases in every class. The newest release from the established company is the Trex 550X Dominator combo. The 550X is designed to run on 6S and has the latest and greatest electronics from Align's arsenal. The motor is the 960KV 730MX and the FBL system is the MicroBeast BeastX Plus. It also includes the BL100 ESC and for the servos the DS825/820s. The battery tray has a quick release button for easy access to the battery compartment. The 550X is a torque tube driven system and has a new aggressive stance from previous releases. The new 550X falls right in line with the other Dominator series helicopters from Align.

For more information on the new 550X click here.

Features

• 550EFL Rotor Head
  • 250g lighter than our previous model
  • DS820M/DS825M HV Brushless Servo for Combo Heli
  • Progressive Landing Skid with 5 degree tilted forward
  • 730MX 960KV Motor with superior power supply
  • RCE-BL100A Brushless ESC
  • Lightweight Canopy

Oct 05, 2016, 12:34 PM

Take MY Money

Say no more, #takeMyMoney
Oct 05, 2016, 01:00 PM
Genius man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
Say no more, #takeMyMoney
Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Oct 05, 2016, 03:17 PM
Genius man
Are there any advantages of the progressive landing skid with 5 degrees forward tilt?

Edit; I just saw on one of the pictures that it improves crash-worthiness. Is that to protect the tail rotor?
Oct 05, 2016, 03:59 PM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
Is that to protect the tail rotor?
Yes, owners of the Trex 600 in particular have been doing this mod for years (low profile 'F3C' legs at front, standard at rear) for years to improve ground clearance of the tail rotor... So Align just seem to be copying what end users have already figured out.

The heli looks good but it's not really 'new'.. It's the 550L Dominator with new head and electronics, plus some other minor detail tweaks. Nothing wrong with that of course, no point changing stuff just for the hell of it.
Oct 05, 2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:
The heli looks good but it's not really 'new'.. It's the 550L Dominator with new head and electronics, plus some other minor detail tweaks. Nothing wrong with that of course, no point changing stuff just for the hell of it.
What's different about the head compared to the 500L? Did they switch to a new shorted FBL hub and radius arms with the DFC mainshaft like on the 700X?

On the 700X they now have a new shorted hub and new shorter plastic radius arms that allows it to use the DFC length mainshaft (though it's still a new shaft because it now uses two clearance holes). This is different than the FBL head they released for the 700L last year which used the old standard shaft and was basically just a reissue of the old 700E FBL head.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 05, 2016 at 05:18 PM.
Oct 05, 2016, 06:50 PM
A man who delivers.(packages)
#failedautolook
#goofylookingskids
#rolleyes
#sorryrantover
Oct 05, 2016, 09:35 PM
Permanently Banned
#tooexpensivetocrash
Oct 05, 2016, 09:52 PM
A man who delivers.(packages)
#wltoys911?
Oct 05, 2016, 10:26 PM
Permanently Banned
#lol
#itsa913
Oct 06, 2016, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
What's different about the head compared to the 500L?
This is a 550.. it uses a totally different and much bigger head assembly than the 500L

The previous 550L used a DFC head.
Oct 06, 2016, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac96
#tooexpensivetocrash
Trex (and Trex compatible) replacement parts are the cheapest of any heli. If the cost of ownership of this heli is too high then you need to be looking at smaller helis or a different hobby. No one claims that large RC helis is a cheap hobby.

PS.. you could always try no crashing.. that keeps the cost down.
Oct 06, 2016, 05:27 AM
Genius man
I think from a 450 size and above, you should try not to crash them as your wallet and bank account balance will feel the pain.

Oct 06, 2016, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
I think from a 450 size and above, you should try not to crash them as your wallet and bank account balance will feel the pain.

450 is cheap. My ALZRC Devil 450 is in fact so cheap that i simply bought a second kit for spare parts. It's just 79 $ and yes it is a T-rex Pro clone but quality is fine.

This really is a cheap entry into the hobby. I plan to crash myself through this one until I feel ready for something bigger.
Oct 06, 2016, 12:08 PM
Genius man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
450 is cheap. My ALZRC Devil 450 is in fact so cheap that i simply bought a second kit for spare parts. It's just 79 $ and yes it is a T-rex Pro clone but quality is fine.

This really is a cheap entry into the hobby. I plan to crash myself through this one until I feel ready for something bigger.
You got youself a very good deal there. Unfortunately mine was a bit more expensive than that just for the frame. Then, after adding the electronics and other necessary parts, the final cost was much higher.

Quick Reply