Oct 12, 2016, 12:45 PM
I have done the mod and its excelent,just going to update and add the buzzer.

Thanks for you your work Dvogonen
Cheers from Portugal
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2016, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen
It is possible to have both mods physically installed.

The software does however only support one display type each, so you would have to choose which display you wanted to use by loading either CYCLOP+ or CYCLOP++.

I see no reason that the Mikro MinimOSD should not work. It will however be a bit more inconvenient since the serial interface is used for flashing the board. That is the same interface that is used for communication to the receiver board. You will have to desolder the cables between the receiver board and the Mikro MinimOSD each time you update the program into the later.
Alright I will leave the OSD mod for what it is. I do not intend to buy another Cyclops and I'm really happy with the regular Cyclop+.

My buzzer should arrive this week btw so I'll be updating it this weekend I think.

Thanks again for all your work, it really is the cherry on the pie, this firmware modification.
Oct 13, 2016, 12:07 PM
Thread OP
Version 2.1 of CYCLOP++ is now released.

The only difference compared to the beta is a fix for a bug that made the text disappear between 11.1 and 11.6 volts (although the googles remained operational.

Both 2s and 3s batteries may be used.

Here is a link to the project home page with installation instructions and binaries:
CYCLOP++ Project Homepage
Last edited by dvogonen; Oct 14, 2016 at 05:37 AM.
Oct 14, 2016, 11:27 PM
hobby hacker
What happened to the github page move? I was following that one and thought it had halted
Oct 15, 2016, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRoach
What happened to the github page move? I was following that one and thought it had halted
Github page move? Do you mean that I made a separate page for CYCLOP++?
The code differs a lot between CYCLOP+ and CYCLOP++, so it didn't make much sense to keep it as a combined project.

CYCLOP+ is not halted, but besides adjusting the battery alarm levels, I have not gotten any change requests and I do not have any more ideas for improvements on my own.
Oct 20, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hello,
Thank You for the new Firmware.
I like People who doing nice new Firmware Mods for low entry Level Stuff to make it better than most Upper class Things

Some Questions on the Plus Version with Oled Display
Does the Screensaver wake up on low Volt alarming ?
Are the Rx Frequencies hard Coded or does the new Firmware searching the best Spot on the Channel?

Thanks and regards
Alex
Oct 21, 2016, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurion
Hello,
Thank You for the new Firmware.
I like People who doing nice new Firmware Mods for low entry Level Stuff to make it better than most Upper class Things

Some Questions on the Plus Version with Oled Display
Does the Screensaver wake up on low Volt alarming ?
Are the Rx Frequencies hard Coded or does the new Firmware searching the best Spot on the Channel?

Thanks and regards
Alex
No, the screen is not lit up by an alarm. The reason is that the screen saver mode exists so that it becomes possible to place the OLED inside the googles. You naturally adjust the frequency before you fly, so you do not need it during flight. The last thing you want happening is the screen lighting up unexpectedly when you are flying.

The frequency tuning sweeps the band in small increments and finds the strongest signal, regardless of bands. The fixed channel that is closest to the frequency with the highest output is then selected and used.
Oct 21, 2016, 11:34 AM
On my setup I found that is not selected the strongest signal but very near . I have to press the button one more time to get the strongest one(better video).Sometimes when I start again the receiver the video is jagged . Did anybody experience the same?
Oct 21, 2016, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
What I have seen a lot is that a stronger RSSI value is reported for a channel next to the correct one than for the actually correct one. This results in picking the wrong channel. I do not know how to get around that.
But there might naturally be bugs in the matching algorithm. I welcome code reviews.
Oct 22, 2016, 03:16 AM
nevermind
Oct 28, 2016, 07:05 PM
I've updated to 1.4 and installed a buzzer but I can barely hear it. Do you have any suggestions?
Oct 29, 2016, 05:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadianceNL
I've updated to 1.4 and installed a buzzer but I can barely hear it. Do you have any suggestions?
If you know how to compile the code, you can try increasing the alarm sound level. It is currently fixed to 32 (out of 255). You find the setting on row 260 "analogWrite( ALARM_PIN, 32)".

Alternatively you wait a while. I will make the level configurable from the options screen and release the change as a new version together with better battery calibration.
Oct 29, 2016, 05:38 PM
Thanks for your answer.

I've had some trouble before trying to compile the code and then write it. I'm not really known with the Arduno environment.

I'll might give it another go otherwise I'll wait for the next update.
Nov 04, 2016, 02:26 PM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Just modified my cyclops with 1.4 fw, works great. I just added AV outputs for recorder, cutted hole for oled screen on small removable cover and glued screen with some CA and hot glue. I also replaced antenna connector, since I use RP-SMA connectors on my antennas.

@dvogonen
Thank you for for this nice mod!
Best regards,
Kristjan
Nov 10, 2016, 02:01 PM
Flight Surgeon
I must have done something wrong, now nothing works, it's not my first hack but I must have stuffed it up.

anyone got a spare board?

***Actually scratch that, I just seem to have failed to flash it, AVRDUDESS reports an error on boot, but then runs, I even tried using my Atmega flashing tool directly to the chip but no dice, the USBASP has worked for me countless times before, I'll sleep on it***

In an effort to make installing this firmware really effortless I've reached out to the author of the KKMulticopter Flashtool to see if he might consider adding it to the list of supported projects, that would make this mod almost foolproof, (which I appear to need!)

http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/atmel-at...hing-tool.html
Last edited by FE Obsessed; Nov 11, 2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Change in status

Quick Reply