This thread is privately moderated by schumixmd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 03, 2016, 01:21 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

RadioLink CP620 Charger!

Ok guys, I have the received the RadioLink CP620 Charger from Banggood.

First of all, my subjective opinions.

The packing should be improved, not because the charger is fragile, but because the humans that work for post offices are (your word come here)

There is enough space in the box before it will reach the charger, but anyway, I would suggest Banggood to repack it with a cardboard box, instead of simple bag.

In box, you get what you get 10awg leads with banana plugs for input and 2x battery leads for battery, both 12awg, one with a T-Deans connector and one with XT60.

Suggestion to RadioLink: This is a 30A charger. T-Deans are not used anymore. If you really want to supply two leads with different connectors, then XT-90 would fit better than T-Deans.

In between the banana and balancing ports, there is a status LED for the battery.
I see no reason for that LED, since I never remember the meaning of the codes (falsh, steady, flash, flash, etc..).
My Hitec H4 charger has 4 status Led's (one for each port) and I never understand what they want to say to me, until I don't check the screen.
The same happens with RadioLink. It has a huge color screen - there is no reason for two small red LEDs which just disturb you from working.

Battery leads comes with different styles of Banana plug. Not sure which is better, but I like the one from the lead with T-plug.

At this very moment I am still testing the charger and I think I will test it for few more weeks but a short summary of what I like so far and what I dislike follows:

The Charger has a very large color screen. The interface is designed like a Windows 3.1 form - so it asks for touchscreen or any kind of input different than buttons.

I would like to see the user interface redesigned a little bit.
Also the refresh rates of some parts of the screen is quite visible.

Here two close pictures with the charger in action, in Storage mode.

I would also confirm that the quality of the buttons are not the best one. To be honest I don't care how they feel when you press them - the problems is in debounce algorithm, and I think this aspect could be also part of next firmware fix.
John (jj604) is in close touch with guys at RadioLink and I would ask him to pass my info, so that we have a single point of contact.

As for the settings, I can confirm that all the settings are saved in the memory after power cycle, except battery type - which should go in the same firmware fix.

Now the good thing about the charger:
Since this charger has 6 internal circuits to charge each cell individually. One could charge the battery even without connecting main lead, if 6A per cell is enough.

Also the charger does not care which/how many cells are connected. In my honest opinion this is good, and bad in the same time. Have not tried yet what happens when one cell in the middle is disconnected.

Also, the charger does not care about battery capacity. It will charge until the battery maximum voltage is reached.
The only thing I am concerned about is - what happens with old or damaged packs which they can't reach the maximum voltage and heat up while charging - this is yet to be tested next days, outside, in the middle of nowhere .
Last edited by schumixmd; Oct 03, 2016 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply