Wingspan : 2200mm
Length : 2000mm
Wing Area : 66 dm2
Flying weight : 10-12kg
Power : 8 to 12kg Tthrust
Radio Required : 4 channels, 8-13 servos

http://rcjetsworld.com/epages/68128f...oducts/XY-310R

http://www.flyflyhobby.com/products_...uctId=248.html

Just adding some images for the meantime.

Servos: BLUEBIRD 2110
Going to add E Retracts and E brakes.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2016, 09:16 AM
Hello.
Thanks to the new pictures, and more pictures waiting.
Please weigh it and tell us and the actual weight.
Pictured number 4 fuselage is slightly damaged. That came in the package?
Oct 03, 2016, 10:10 AM
Yes - fedex was nice enough to damage the box badly. Even with such double packing - cardboard + honeycomb.
Oct 08, 2016, 12:12 PM
Hello.
Can you tell me the weight of components (fuselage, wings, stainless steel exhaust tube) this Viper Jet?
Oct 09, 2016, 02:57 PM

Weights in grams

Wings 840 each
Main wing tube 182
Elevator tube and rudder tube 16 each
Thrust tube 316
Canopy 196
Elevator 148 each
Rudder 208
Fuselage with landing gear doors attached 2699 (assembled with screws)
Small fuel tank 200
Large fuel tank 190
Rear cone 45

Items not weighed:

Viper rear fins
Turbine engine main mount
Turbine cover
Last edited by guldukat; Oct 09, 2016 at 06:58 PM.
Oct 12, 2016, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info.
You please post images as assembling airplane.
Oct 21, 2016, 05:14 PM

Some questions

Since this is my 1st turbine build and my local field has no turbine pilots I am asking for some help from the forum members. I have flown the fly model navy cat quite a few times and want to move onto this Viper. The installation of servos/electric gear/brakes/etc was simple but seek a little help with the below:

1. Thrust pipe installation ( how to install it and still make it removable)

Please see images.

These is only 1 former in the rear cone. Please see image/s. These is some gap. How does one account for the gap? How do you install the tube and yet make it removable? What epoxy is used? I know the front gets secured into the turbine mount.

2. Bell cone needed?

Is a bell cone needed? I plan to install a Kingtech K120 in it.

3. Epoxy for canopy installation

What epoxy should be used for the canopy installation? I has used GOOP in the past but since this thing travels at 150+ mph - not sure if something else needs t be used?

4. Viper Ventral Fin

Is this required for flight or not?
Nov 07, 2016, 04:03 PM
Hi guldukat,

I just ordered one of these so it's good to see yours UN-boxed. As for some of your questions. I may do some upgrading. I plan to switch the gear to electric to eliminate leaks. Also I will definitely be reinforcing all the glue joints that I can get to using HYSOL 9462 and 608. It's expensive but it's the best! I will make a decision on the pipe once I see it. If I don't like it I may upgrade to a Tam's pipe with bell. (expensive but could make a difference.) I will use heat tape throughout the area where heat will be present. (engine area and length of fuse where pipe extends) The Goop will hold just fine. I've used it on several jets (Ultra Flash) and never had a problem. The ventral fins (in my opinion) will help with cutting through the air and reduce drag. Not that you will notice but I'm guessing that they serve a purpose other than making the plane look good. I will also be using a gyro with this. (Cortex) My motor choice will be a K-100. This is more than enough to push this plane to speeds needed. If you have done anymore work on this plane can you please post your photos or thought, problems, or anything else that would help with ideas on this build.

Thanks,
Soaring Eagle
Nov 07, 2016, 04:44 PM
The plane is about finished. Testing the JC Cheetah on the stands. As our field is too dry I predict a few weeks before I can maiden it (no rain in 4 weeks now). I used E gear and Ebakes as well. So far they checked out - will do taxi test maybe next week to see if they work on the ground.

Thx for the suggestion: "I will use heat tape throughout the area where heat will be present. "
Nov 09, 2016, 07:10 PM
Received mine today and of course it was damaged in transition!!! I'm seeing that there is a lot of modifications that will be necessary. For instance, how are you supposed to get at the servos inside the elevators and stabilizer. I plan to epoxy mine. There's no access to servos if you epoxy them in. ( I would recommend epoxying them in for safety) They don't look too safe to be held on by one screw! Also I'm definitely getting the Tams pipe. This pipe is flimsy and I don't trust it. I figure it will be about 10 to 20 hours of fixing before I can even begin putting it together. Nothing lines up at first fitting. Did you happen to take anymore photos before you completed the build. What electric gear did you use. Looking forward to seeing some more of your photos. I will take photos of mine when I start it. I first have to fix the damages!!!
Nov 10, 2016, 01:22 AM
All my servo are held by 4 screws and the stabs by 1 M4 screw and and the rudder by 1 M3 screw. I drilled a hole in each of those areas for access to the servo lead.

What pipe are you getting? (link will help) I need a bell cone or possibly a new pipe.

I'll post some photos soon. The turbine will arrive today and I'll bench test it.
Dec 02, 2016, 09:59 PM
High Voltage
Any updated info on the build? I'm considering on getting one for a winter project..
Dec 03, 2016, 05:04 AM
It is ready to fly. Waiting on good weather.
Dec 07, 2016, 05:56 PM

MAIDEN and thoughts

So I was finally able to maiden the Viperjet. Got 3 flights on it. Very minor trim was required. This thing tracks very very well. It remind me of my TAFT Cobra 6s. The only other turbine I own is the navy cat and the Viper Jet is so much more stable and precise. Landing are a breeze on this. The Electric gear and brakes worked flawlessly. The brakes really came in handy as the runway was very short. Only hiccup was that my read landing doors would not close. Not sure why but I can only imagine that the torque on it was not enough. I'll change it. I used the stock pipe and stock tanks. So far so good.
Dec 07, 2016, 06:20 PM
Very good. Did you have to do any mods to complete the build? Considering this one just don't want something i will not be happy with the quality