Lightweight led system for twisted Hobbies puddlestar - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 02, 2016, 12:31 PM
Help!

Lightweight led system for twisted Hobbies puddlestar

Since no one wanted to answer , I answered it myself!
Last edited by fairplane; Mar 07, 2017 at 08:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2017, 09:05 PM
So I simply purchased some 12v led light strips from gearbest. I slit the wing tips and tucked a set of 6 led's on each wing. I left one led out on each tip. I then added a set of 3 to install externally on the inboard side of each tip float. I cut a slit in the front of each side of the elevator and folded over a set of 6 and inserted it int the leading edge of the horizontal stab. Waterproofing was accomplished by covering the lights with 1.5 mil doculam. Just have to add 12 more led's in the fuse yet!
Mar 31, 2017, 02:43 AM
On bird patrol duty.
Cool can't wait to see it up in the air. I would've answered you but just saw this post. If you're looking for a lightweight LED system for aerial, multiroto has a build-your-own light kit with navigation lights and strobes.

How are you powering the light strips?
Apr 02, 2017, 09:45 PM
I'm just going to connect them to the 3s lipo via the balance connector. I used magnet wire to keep everything light and tidy. I'm hoping it will still be bright enough. The laminate seems to tone down the brightness some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdChaser
Cool can't wait to see it up in the air. I would've answered you but just saw this post. If you're looking for a lightweight LED system for aerial, multiroto has a build-your-own light kit with navigation lights and strobes.

How are you powering the light strips?