Sep 03, 2017, 04:56 PM
Yes Roc Hobby models are made by FMS.... but for whatever reason Motion has never carried the Falcon (just sayn). Also now horizon is the only place to get Falcon in the us and the price has gone up to 199.00. Oh and last i checked the rudder has never been in stock (considered buying just the airframe) and maybe doing a turbo prop version.
Cheers
Parkguy
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2017, 09:13 PM
Here's a purchase option.

www.porcupinerc.com
Last edited by orcas flier; Sep 04, 2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: changed url
Sep 04, 2017, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcas flier
Here's a purchase option.

www.porcupinerc.com
LOL
Nov 25, 2017, 08:54 PM
Gravity is just a theory.
Just picked one up. Went together so easily. The suggested battery position is a no-go, gonna have to put it up front, but fortunately, there's plenty of room. It looks like a version of the Socata TB series of aircraft.
Nov 27, 2017, 09:45 PM
Yes.. some of the same features
Cheers
parkguy
Nov 27, 2017, 10:08 PM
Capt Crash, where did you purchase yours?
Dec 02, 2017, 11:34 PM
I picked mine up at Hobby Proz in ABQ...
Jul 28, 2018, 03:03 PM
After several dozen flights, I've noticed something about this plane: at certains speeds, it seems to have a bit of "dutch roll" - the oscillating wig-wag shows up at certain speeds and flight conditions, but fortunately, not at high AOA or lower speeds. Weird. I put together a ventral fin and installed it in the bottom slot where the rudder bolts go, and that seems to have assisted in taming it to some degree. Anyone else experience this with their Falcon?

I also had my first gear failure -the right main would not come down after a series of routine flights. I ended up doing a two-wheel landing and the plane handled it superbly. The skid at the end did wear off part of the control horn, but that was an easy fix. Once I got it back to the bench, I had to yank and cuss at it, but it started working again. Not sure what the cause was, but it's functioned perfectly since.
Aug 10, 2018, 02:10 PM

Now that you've had this plane for a while...

Questions for those of you flying this plane...

How satisfied are you with the plane? Are you flying it stock or have you modified the power system? Mechanical issues?

I like the unusual airplane, don't need one with +400 pages of comments, but I would like to hear comments from those of you with enough flights on your bird to have a good feel for it.

Thank you,
Ben
Aug 14, 2018, 11:48 PM
Hi Ben
I still enjoy flying my Falcon quite a bit. I really like how it looks in the air. I havent had any mechanical issues with any of the stock parts. When i did the repaint, new decals, lights and other mods i did replace the stock motor with a freewing 3536 800kv and 60amp esc. I use a 4s 2200. The only other little mod i made was i took a few rounds of length out of the front landing gear shock spring. I now fly at a grass field and the prop would hit if i ran over any bumps on take off. Now with the shorter spring its not a problem. But i will warn you that with the tiny wheels it takes a while to get it off the ground in grass so i dont take it to the field unless the grass has been freshly cut
Best Regards
Parkguy
Aug 15, 2018, 12:42 AM
Thank you for the detailed info, I really appreciate your take on this plane. I will be flying from grass fields so the spring info is particulalry helpful.

You did a superb job on your modifications, well done!

Mine should arrive early next week, been drooling over this plane for quite a while.
Aug 15, 2018, 01:51 AM
So many choices this is not one
Aug 21, 2018, 08:44 PM
My Falcon arrived today. This plane has features I've never seen before and really appreciate. For instance, the aileron servos are held in place with screws and attached to the back side of the servo covers. Unscrew the four cover screws and the servo comes with it. This makes adjustment of the servo arms super easy and fast.

There is plywood with blind nuts where the parts bolt together, not the usual plastic.

Landing gear appears to be robust. I'll be installing lighter springs in the mains to take full advantage of the wheel travel.

Finish is superb.

Battery access through the giant hatch is easy even for fat fingers and there is plenty of room for the reciever.

I fly from fairly rough grass fields so landing gear that gives, especially with retracts, is a very welcome feature.

Other than changing the main gear springs I'm going to maiden her stock and make changes as desired.

Right now, I'm impressed with how this plane is put together. Very high quality.
Aug 22, 2018, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear you like it orcas. Just wish it came with bigger wheels and with no decals or paint. Oh and maybe lights really nice flying plane
Cheers
Parkguy
Aug 22, 2018, 09:12 PM
First flight completed today. Great flying plane!

I ran a few tests before heading to the field and discovered it draws 450 watts from my HK 2200 3s 20-30c lipo and generated 1225g of static thrust. Weighing a tad over 1600g RTF this nets 125watts/pound. I was surprised by this figure since a few comments have been made wishing for more power. I knew she wasn't going to go vertical for long given the 1225g thrust but what I experienced at the field surprised me.

Just for kicks I also tested her with a 10x7 APC 2 blade prop. Watts were down about 50 and static thust dropped to 1100

I gave her full throttle on our grass strip and in about 10-15' she was flying. Surprised me! Not what I would call under powered.

Decent roll rate, easy to land, looks great in the air and drops her nose in a stall just like you would expect. This was a relaxing maiden.

I'm going to make two small changes for my flying site conditions and they aren't even related to flying! The nose gear has too much travel for my field. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Too much travel! The prop clips the grass when the spring compresses so maybe a stiffer spring. The mains need softer springs to take full advantage of their ample travel.

Wheel size was not an issue, they worked fine.

I'm happy with this plane. It has exceeded my expectations.

Quick Reply