RF-X - The Next Generation RealFlight Sim! - RC Groups

RF-X - The Next Generation RealFlight Sim!

News of RF-X has been released. Here is a rundown of its highlights. Stay tuned for more in-depth info.

Splash

RF-X - This changes everything.

RF-X is a ground up rebuild of the RealFlight sim you know and love. The RealFlight world has grown and is one of the largest sim worlds ever created. That means more places to explore and fly. Not only have the flying sites been brought to an amazing fidelity, the planes look dramatically different as well. You get all of this and the same great flying physics that make RealFlight great.

There is also a new racing feature for multirotor and fixed wing craft. There are many different types of races you can be a part of from beginner to highly advanced. So whether you are new to RC flight or trying to brush up your FPV racing skills, RF-X has the course for you. Pretty exciting stuff for everyone that loves RC.

RealFlight X Changes Everything : Spotlight (1 min 20 sec)

RealFlight features a simple, intuitive interface which allows you to be up and flying quickly. There's zero learning curve, zero hassle, just flying fun.

RF-X Features

• Numerous fan-favorite flying sites have been remastered.
  • Simple, intuitive interface—zero learning curve, zero hassle
  • Unprecedented, immersive graphics driven by UNIGINE
  • Hone your drone flying with the most advanced simulations offered by RealFlight ever
  • An experience as rich as real life—trees in all shades and shapes, humidity haze, sunlight glare and nighttime flight
  • Hone your FPV flying skills with intricate drone race courses as detailed as being at the field
  • Remastered flying sites like Joe’s Garage bring nostalgic locales to new life
  • Tier-system game-like challenges to refine your flying skills

RF-X Photos

InterLink-X Features

• Reset/Rewind button for replaying your victories or reversing your crashes—a RealFlight exclusive!
  • Zero wear and tear on your field transmitter
  • Easy control of most simulator functions right from the controller
  • 10 channel capability for effortless control of everything
  • Built-in sliders help drone pilots zero their cameras in for the best shots

Learn More

Head over to the RF-X website to see pricing and options.

Sep 30, 2016, 07:57 PM
But... does it work on a Mac?
Sep 30, 2016, 08:20 PM
Stupid gravity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheweis
Nope.
Sep 30, 2016, 09:57 PM
Suspended Account
That looks really nice. Wonder if my macbook pro with bootcamp will run it. Any idea on card requirement's?
Sep 30, 2016, 09:57 PM
And Repairs
Any idea when the release date will be?
Last edited by TyFlies; Oct 01, 2016 at 12:04 AM.
Sep 30, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheweis
Duhhhhhh... Never has. Lol
Oct 01, 2016, 04:35 AM
does a normal sim cable works or I need radio?
Oct 01, 2016, 06:12 AM
Is it likely for Hobbico to offer an upgrade option as well? I have recently bought RF7 as my first sim, complete with interlink transmitter, and hope I don't have to pay another $100 to get this version...
Oct 01, 2016, 08:08 AM
How come online multiplayer mode is not mentioned in the features and in the manual? I assume it's there and improved. Right? I just pre-ordered. Can't wait.
Oct 01, 2016, 09:05 AM
Looks good. Is there a plan to add Rift (etc) support - I see that's supported by Unigine?
Oct 01, 2016, 09:15 AM
Customized User Titles go here
And I just bought RF7.5...smdh
Oct 01, 2016, 09:18 AM
I drank it, and it is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyFlies
Any idea when the release date will be?
Tower Hobbies says late October.
Oct 01, 2016, 09:31 AM
I drank it, and it is good.
I don't see any upgrade options yet.... Hummmmm. I hope I dont have to pay full price for a new sim instead of upgrading like usual.
Oct 01, 2016, 10:26 AM

Pylon

Please bring back Pylon!!!!!
Oct 01, 2016, 12:03 PM
Scale Aerobatic Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang347
I don't see any upgrade options yet.... Hummmmm. I hope I dont have to pay full price for a new sim instead of upgrading like usual.
RF has said on their FB page, there will be a software only option (without the controller)