Nov 15, 2016, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessoman4444 View Post
How did you manage this as I need to do it.
Yes please let us know!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
My sandisk 32GB SD card arrived yesterday, I formatted it in the FS goggles and I saw the file error when I tried to view my file as well. I reformatted it again and it worked that time. Seems buggy to me.
Cheers. Well after my card was seemingly working yesterday with four files back to back ok. Went out today and on the second recording got the same fail to save. Then the red light for video on even would not even light up.. Got myself a card reader on the way home, checked on a P.C. and it sees no card there, so the card has failed.
It was a genuine Sansdisk Extreme b.t.w. for sure, though have had it a year or two working fine in a phone.
Going to get a new card tomorrow and hope it was just the card.
Nov 15, 2016, 07:02 PM
At least they're cheap. Mine was brand new, so hopefully my issue was just a glitch! I've also set mine to auto-record when there's a video signal. I couldn't see a reason not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc007 View Post
Cheers. Well after my card was seemingly working yesterday with four files back to back ok. Went out today and on the second recording got the same fail to save. Then the red light for video on even would not even light up.. Got myself a card reader on the way home, checked on a P.C. and it sees no card there, so the card has failed.
It was a genuine Sansdisk Extreme b.t.w. for sure, though have had it a year or two working fine in a phone.
Nov 15, 2016, 07:06 PM
Roger Baroudy

Blurry edges

Hi guys, i finally received my HD3's today (which costed me 565$ with shipping from USA to Lebanon)

I was testing them from hours and what should i say, i am totally disappointed

The complete story:
-------------------------
I had the old Fatshark Dominator 3rd Gen with FOV=30 and good clear focused image, nice colors and contrast, and i can see all my MW OSD text in all corners very clear without a single issue.

Then i tried my friend's Dominator SE with the FOV=50 which i found it a lot bigger then mine, but with a lot of blurry edges, not clear text on the corners, that i didn't like them at all and i preferred my Dominator 3rd Gen goggles

and the HD3's release story came in, the new goggles with FOV=42 (claimed to have a dialed down FOV to fix the blurry edges problem from the HD2/SE)

so I thought this would be the real deal to upgrade finally for a bigger FOV and a good focused image + the DVR of course ( a 3 in 1 upgrade which may be worth the 565$ spent)

until today when i received them and i started testing them, and what i was afraid off exactly happened: they do have the same blurry feel just like my friend's SE, no matter what i try to adjust the ipd's there will always be a blurry part of the screen, either the edges or the center, and i mean blurry, i can't even read the word "ACRO" in the upper right corner from the OSD.

now facts:
-------------
1- my own eyes are totally fine and in perfect condition.

2- I keep comparing the same image on both the HD3's and the old Dominator 3rd Gen and the difference in the clarity of the text is so obvious, i can't get the HD3 to have a correctly focused image.

3- I have showed both googles image to different people today to have their opinion aswell and all of them saw the same differences i mentioned between the 2 goggles.

4- The HD3's image seems like a zoomed-in image, the bottom line of my OSD text is all hidden, the battery voltage, Amp draw and Timer are all not visible on the HD3's while perfectly visible on the Dominator 3rd Gen, Why have a bigger FOV when the image will be zoomed and parts of the original Camera image are cropped, this beats the purpose of the bigger FOV, but someone needs 2 goggles showing the same image source side by side to realize this.

5- I got my HD3 from Helidirect by the way (in case anyone think there might be some bad batch out there, but i don't think so personally )

6- The HD3 optics needs to be focused correctly somehow maybe with a DIY fix in order to have an acceptable image, i had a headache from using them for few minutes, i can't stand them as they are now, i'm using the thicker foam on the face-plate by the way.

7- I have tried the HDMI input with both my Xbox One and Playstation 4, the image showed up in 16:9 720p but still blurry and the text on the corners of the screen is not readable, not usable in my opinion for Video Games input.

I really regret ordering these goggles, and i do appreciate my old set of goggles a lot more now, I will wait just one week to see how other people are trying to fix this focus issue, and if no fix found, i am selling them asap.

Sorry for the long post, but i'm so upset, i feel like i have wasted my money on something that is really overpriced and does not meet the standards it was advertised with.

Edit: i'm reading some posts now with DVR/SD card issues, I didn't test the DVR yet so i hope this won't be a problem too...
Last edited by Rogero; Nov 15, 2016 at 07:13 PM.
Nov 15, 2016, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc007 View Post
Mine were acting up a bit earlier today. Twice when I started the DVR recording I got horizontal bands of interference on my screen. A power cycle of the goggle cleared it. The first time I thought perhaps some outside interference but the second time it clearly started when I hit the record button. Restart of receiver and quad did not clear it.

I'm also using a Sandisk Extreme (32GB) so
will have to monitor it. Currently using an external RX with AV input as I'm still waiting for my RX module from Banggood.
Nov 15, 2016, 08:37 PM
It looks like Horizon Hobby finally got their shipment in. The order I placed 12 Oct has finally been shipped. So if you placed your order with them you should be getting your goggles very soon.
Nov 15, 2016, 09:49 PM
HD3 14 day Satisfaction Guarantee

https://www.facebook.com/FatSharkRC/...42147465912346

Fat Shark
Nov 15, 2016, 10:04 PM
The optic issue appears to be an eye relief issue, i.e. where the clear area of the lens isn't large enough based on the distance of my eyes from the lenses. If I move my head around behind the lenses to look in to the corners it's 100% clear, but not from a single vantage point at a certain distance from the lenses. When I look through it normally I have a fuzzy halo around the perimeter of the screen. Imagine looking through a donut, the closer your eye is to the hole (clear disc area in optic) the more you can see, it's the same situation with the HD3's. Hopefully I've explained it clearly.

Do you expect this issue to be resolved by replacement optics?

"Unfortunately early production seems to have had some teething issues resulting with some HD3's with optical alignment issues causing uneven focus across the entire image or causing blurring in one or more corners."
Last edited by warpig; Nov 15, 2016 at 10:11 PM.
Nov 15, 2016, 10:12 PM
www.mahjong4.com.au
Don't waste your money with these goggles, the edges are blurry.
I use the Dom V2, I don't wear glasses and they are perfect.
My set also has a bright pixel, I can live with that, but the blurry edges are a huge let down.

It's like putting on someones glasses that don't match your prescription, after a short time it starts causing a headache.
Last edited by Sqwert; Nov 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Nov 15, 2016, 10:16 PM
It could be easily fixed with larger clear areas in the lenses. This wouldn't disadvantage those that can't see the problem either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwert View Post
Don't waste your money with these goggles, the edges are blurry.
I use the Dom V2, don't wear glasses and they are perfect.
My set also has a bright pixel, I can live with that, but the blurry edges are a huge let down.
Nov 15, 2016, 10:58 PM
Team Crash
This is nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post

Fat Shark
I was able to go out with my HD3s for the first time today to see first hand how they were going to work for me. I have tried a lot of different goggles to get something I am happy with and
with seeing all the complaints, and the positive reviews too, I wasn't sure what to expect.
I have to say going from Dom V2s to the HD3s is really nice. The picture is clear in the center and around the edges it is clear too. No issues with it being blurry anywhere on the screen at all. I can read my OSD across the bottom no problem.

The lipo seems to sit in a different position than my Dom V2 and I think I need to wear the head strap a little different so it doesn't bother my ear. Otherwise the fit feels very good on my face.

I really like the on and off beeping of the DVR. I was never sure with my Dom V2 unless I checked the light.

I played with the adjustments for quite awhile and I think I will still play with them until I feel it is exactly where I want it. Adjusting the IPD on these seem much different than the V2. On those it was easy to see where it was supposed to be and I moved it to the right spot and never touched them again. The HD3 adjustments seem much more detailed and specific. Moving one click makes a big difference and getting the right spot takes a little time.

These are definitely an upgrade for me from the V2s. Much bigger picture, clearer, sharper and more definition. I don't have a problem flying into tight areas because I can see them sooner and better. The Dom V2s did not give me that confidence.

All in all these are pretty much what I was expecting. I knew it wouldn't be much better of a picture than this without going with an HD setup like Prosight. It's nice that if I decide at some point to do something like that, these goggles will work with it.

No offence, but I don't believe they are worth $500 and are somewhat overpriced, but they are the best thing out there right now. I can't do an HMD because I don't like the size, weight, portability and more and I want to use goggles and right now these are them and this is the price. Until someone else starts giving FS some competition, I imagine things will stay this way for awhile. At least until a reasonable, usable HD system is available. (I speaking about myself and how I fly and about flying racing quads).
Trust me I am not a FS fanboy. I just like them because they are working for me. I see people post not to buy these, that the picture is completely blurry and I disagree with that and it's a pretty broad statement. There are also people that are happy with them, and people still not sure, so do some research and decide if these will work for you or not.
Nov 15, 2016, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogero View Post
4- The HD3's image seems like a zoomed-in image, the bottom line of my OSD text is all hidden, the battery voltage, Amp draw and Timer are all not visible on the HD3's while perfectly visible on the Dominator 3rd Gen, Why have a bigger FOV when the image will be zoomed and parts of the original Camera image are cropped, this beats the purpose of the bigger FOV, but someone needs 2 goggles showing the same image source side by side to realize this.
I have to admit that I did need to lift my callsign that I set on some of my hs1177 cameras title up one notch. I had it tight on the bottom left and my Dom V2's could just pick it up, but not my hd3's (they cut off the top half of it). Actually I have had the same problem with a number of monitors (and other goggles) that would not pick this up either so I have ended up sliding it up on most of my hs1177 cameras anyway. This does not effect any other screen placements, just the bottom edge.

Also, when I compare Camera FOV's between my Dom V2's and HD3's the V2's do have a slightly wider image but I do not think it is significant.

I'm not sure what the reason is, maybe a slight variation in video standards?

My OSD's all view fine (MWOSD 1.6 and FY-41AP). Displays on the bottom line are a little tighter than with my Dom V2's, but still easily readable. The OSD's are soooo much easier to read with the larger FOV and I'm loving it! I suppose if you shifted your MWOSD using it's editor (41AP is fixed btw) tight to all edges there may be a problem and, like my hs1177 callsign, you may need to edit them in a notch.

This does not bother me enough to complain about and fortunately I do not seem to have any edge and/or mid-screen blurriness.

Quote:

Fat Shark
Wow, you cannot expect better service than this imho!

For those that do not have facebook, here is what it says;

Dear Valued Customer,
The feedback on the release of the HD3 has been very positive and I am pleased that the majority of you are happy with your purchase. The HD3 optics were in development and refinement for over a year and I had great feedback from trade shows, race events and independent reviews. Unfortunately early production seems to have had some teething issues resulting with some HD3's with optical alignment issues causing uneven focus across the entire image or causing blurring in one or more corners.
I understand the disappointment of paying $500 for a pair of goggles that didn't deliver the expected performance reported by early reviews and I certainly don't want any of you to feel like you've been stuck with a faulty product. To convey my sincerity, I've clarified my return policy with dealers and extended the return period to 14 days.
If for any reason you are disappointed with your HD3, return it in the
original packaging (complete with accessories) to your dealer for a
complete refund, no questions asked.
If you prefer to keep your HD3 (or the logistics make it inconvenient to return), you can start a support ticket and have your HD3 sent to a repair centre to have the complete optical module replaced by our
service experts.
If your goggles are beyond the 14 days, and you can't resolve through your dealer (they should be accommodating for early recipients), please contact us directly for resolution.
Thanks for your continued support,
Best regards,
Greg
The Shark
Nov 16, 2016, 12:10 AM
www.mahjong4.com.au
This is the reply from "BuzzHobbies" the place where I bought the goggles from, when I email them my request to return the goggles.

"As i don't buy direct from Fatshark but a distributor - i was not aware of this policy. On my listing we state that we suggest you try another's goggles before making purchase as we don't generally offer refunds as often diopters are required depending on your eyesight.
In light of the post i will honour the return request.
please pack the item as it was when new - including all accessories / everything that was included.
When they are returned i will check if they have the optics issue as described in the facebook post."

The "no questions asked return policy" seems to have conditions attached, by this "distributor".

"When they are returned i will check if they have the optics issue as described in the facebook post."

Are these people authorised to make a judgement as to if the goggles have an issue or not?
Last edited by Sqwert; Nov 16, 2016 at 12:17 AM.
Nov 16, 2016, 12:37 AM
Sqwert, I am pretty sure you are covered by Australian consumer law. They are not allowed to 'not offer refunds' if you receive a defective unit. Especially when the manufacturer is admitting there is an issue with some units. It won't even cost Buzz Hobbies anything so I don't know why they are carrying on like they are doing you a huge favour.

Anyone know if Fatshark has an Australian service centre? I got mine from Banggood and the slow boat to China and back seems like a long time to wait for replacements. Would rather just send my HD3s to an Aussie service centre for a lens repair.

Edit: Fatshark tell me on their facebook page that they do indeed have an Aussie repair centre and it can be accessed via http://www.FatShark.com/support
Last edited by halfcab81; Nov 16, 2016 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Answered
Nov 16, 2016, 01:08 AM
Quote:

Fat Shark
It's good that Fatshark admitted there are burry issues with some of the HD3s. I don't want to go through the hassles of purchasing one and then later on returning it. I don't mind to wait for the next batch if they are guaranteed to have the optics alignment fixed. Can fatshark may be change the version number on the next batch, so that we can know what we are ordering? Like the Farshark diversity receiver FSV2445 with a V2 at the end.

Quick Reply