FatShark Dominator HD3 FPV Headset Goggles - RC Groups
Sep 29, 2016, 02:04 PM
FPV IT
New Product

FatShark Dominator HD3 FPV Headset Goggles

This is the FatShark Fat Shark Dominator HD3 FPV Headset Goggles. The Dominator HD is back in top form with subtle improvements to ensure its continued dominance as the world’s premier FPV goggle. The FOV on the HD3 has been dialed back to 42 degrees to maintain a large screen experience while delivering crisp optical performance for OSD readability. Digital pilots will appreciate the new 16:9 display format when in HDMI mode to match the display aspect ratio of HD systems. HD3 ships with updated lower profile Velcro backed (removable) faceplate foam for a more accommodating fit. The HD3 is the most powerful, versatile and portable FPV goggle and the top choice of drone pilots.

Features:
FOV 42 Diagonal
59-69mm IPD Range (adjustable)
SVGA 800 X 600 Display
Support Side/Side 3D
NTSC/PAL Auto Selecting
High definition media interface 720p Support
Modular Head Tracker Bay
Modular Receiver Bay
7-13V (2S/3S) DC in
4W Power Consumption
Integrated Analog DVR (does not support HD recording)
Includes:
Dominator HD3 Headset with fan-equipped faceplate
Zipper Case
7.4V 1800mAh Battery with LED Indicator
AV Cable
Mini to Mini high definition media interface cable (include Mini to Micro, Mini to Standard high definition media interface adapters)

https://www.amainhobbies.com/fatshar...sv1076/p539789

https://www.hobbytown.com/dominator-...sv1076/p539789

http://www.horizonhobby.com/fat-shar...eadset-fsv1076
Last edited by TOMZILLA; Sep 30, 2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Pics
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 02:08 PM
FPV IT
Looks like there coming real soon, going to be listed at $499 Pre-order. They dialed back the FOV from 50 to 42, probably as needed to correct the reported blurred edges of the HD2.
Last edited by TOMZILLA; Sep 30, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:40 PM
Where you get a coupon?
Sep 29, 2016, 02:50 PM
FPV IT
You can google for it.
Sep 29, 2016, 04:13 PM
Fingers crost, that these googles do not have blurry edges. I hate that about my Dom v3.

A Little Downside for me is, that It seems, that they don't support 16x9 on analog... That would have been cool...
Last edited by SilverLine; Sep 29, 2016 at 05:37 PM.
Sep 29, 2016, 05:15 PM
Team Warpsquad
Got my order in, I wonder if they jumped the gun a little bit since I don't see any of the usual retailers listing them. Hopefully they are in the first batch

Between this and the mavic and everything else I have spent a lot this week
Sep 29, 2016, 08:36 PM
Procrastinator
Can I trade my HD2s in for these? The only things they seem to have changed are fixing the problems with the V2s and adding 16:9 for HDMI..

Am not wanting to pay $700 aud just for those fixes.
Sep 29, 2016, 09:00 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Can one switch 4:3 and 16:9 with these New DomHDv3?

or is it just one kind of optic?
Sep 29, 2016, 10:14 PM
FPV IT
There's not much info on these yet. They just hit the web today for pre-order. Reading there info it looks like the 16:9 will be for HDMI input. So most likely they'll be 4:3 for normal fpv 1.3/2.4/5.8 ghz use.

I have my pre-order in with Horizon, now the dreaded wait begins.
Sep 30, 2016, 02:05 PM
FPV IT
Hobbyking now has them listed on there site and there expecting to begin shipping sometime in November.
Oct 01, 2016, 12:58 AM
Rate Mode Ninja
Yes but why is hobbyking , getfpv ect not taking pre-orders? Makes me a bit nervous to let money sit like that.
I have it and I'm ready to spend it. To be honest I have been waiting for them but "Ship when stock arrives " could mean anything
Oct 01, 2016, 09:52 AM
FPV IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failsafe125
Yes but why is hobbyking , getfpv ect not taking pre-orders? Makes me a bit nervous to let money sit like that.
I have it and I'm ready to spend it. To be honest I have been waiting for them but "Ship when stock arrives " could mean anything
All the companies showing them as available for back order right now are all well established reputable companies to buy from. I ordered mine from Horizon Hobby, who has one of the best customer service, if not the best in the industry. There showing as back ordered in my account, and my credit card hasn't been charged a nickle. Once they are ready to ship, at that point they will charge my card. So there is nothing to loose, and we'll be at the front of the line when they do come in stock.
Last edited by TOMZILLA; Oct 01, 2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: pic
Oct 01, 2016, 10:35 AM
Rate Mode Ninja
They are no longer on horizon Hobby
Oct 01, 2016, 10:54 AM
Hope these have better light/contrast. My original Dom v2 have a greater range of light and contrast than my hdv2 or my friends Dom v3.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Great that they addressed some of the problems like the blurred edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 01, 2016, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingan
Hope these have better light/contrast. My original Dom v2 have a greater range of light and contrast than my hdv2 or my friends Dom v3.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Great that they addressed some of the problems like the blurred edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds great, but they also said the same thing about the V2's, about how they addressed the blurred edges seen on the V1's.