Sep 29, 2016, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
The Beast lasted forever, and even that Legend of UMX has now been discontinued
Exactly. Beast was PRE BUYOUT.

Things have been downhill since.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 01:10 PM
Looks like a nice model and something different from the usual 2s war birds. Just hand launch it and land in the grass if you need to good grief.
Sep 29, 2016, 01:15 PM
Quote:
I thought I once read someone from Horizon stating they keep parts on hand for discontinued models for about a year... possibly two? Not sure on that so don't quote me.

What's the competition for a UMX sized plane?
As was said, dromida and such. Even the air cores were.

But for that premium price HH wants for the micros, you can get a larger and higher quality plane.

I have never severely crashed my micros. But the operational percentage is between 50 and 60 for me.

The new 2s may have a better motor. But you pay for it big time, and you don't even get so much as a battery.

Heck I got 3 flights out of my corsair before the motor wrnt. THREE FLIGHTS. Sadly it was my favorite because it flew way better than the AS3X birds, performance wise. I will re motor it. But for 100 bucks there are way better and more reliable planes out there.
Sep 29, 2016, 01:17 PM
Custom User Name Title
Cool, I hadn't seen the dromida planes... they have 2 offerings that are UMX sized but appear to be 1S? Voyager looks kinda cool. The only other one I have seen that's nice is that XK-A600, a UMX-sized Beaver. There are handful of knockoff stuff on aliexpress...but other than a couple here and there nobody's done anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman0182
Exactly. Beast was PRE BUYOUT.

Things have been downhill since.
Pitts is post buyout and seems to be doing very well. Not that I have sales figures or anything but it's lasted a longer than many of the other UMX planes as of late, and many good posts regarding it.

This buyout happened what, like 4 years ago anyways?
Sep 29, 2016, 01:18 PM
Just got the email from HH about this. Have been hoping they'd do a Cessna in the UMX line! This looks really nice. I have a 1100mm Skylane (HobbyKing 500-class) and it'll be sweet to have a little brother for it. This is definitely on my Get-List... right after the Icon of course...

I, for one, bow to my UMX overlords...
Sep 29, 2016, 01:50 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
Quote:

Heck I got 3 flights out of my corsair before the motor wrnt. THREE FLIGHTS. Sadly it was my favorite because it flew way better than the AS3X birds, performance wise. I will re motor it. But for 100 bucks there are way better and more reliable planes out there.
I have a brand new in the box NON AS3x corsair I will sell to you. Never flown or even bound to a TX.
How does 65$ ppd to you sound?

I will include 3 new in package e-Flite lipos too!
Sep 29, 2016, 02:08 PM
Closed Account
I actually like this offering from HH ( does that shock some of you )

I think Mike McConville out did himself

it is UMX and it looks amazing for one......plus I like Cessna's

and the price, well not what i like to see..BUT it is in line with what they have been selling in this size of a model lately

Now most know i have a beef ( not a vendetta you fan boys whine about ) ....The beef is helping this company create their SAFE system with tests and trials and information and then for them to deny us access unless you spend a Fortune to buy a model well is not what i call good customer relations...but it is what it is.

And yes, i understand business and making money....BUT the bottom line is not what Good business is all about all the time

It is good to see them come out with these Micro's that has the system in it and the ability to turn it off if you don't want it and even tho i do not like the price ....at least these are in line with the rest they have sold. That's a plus.

And McConville has done some good things...and seems to be a good guy and that's cool.

but I have moved away from micro's as my field is so windy even with the AS3X makes smaller planes difficult to fly....sometimes the larger ones are hard enough at my location

but I do like the looks of this one...but i am not in the market for a new model, I hope some enjoy it

now about the micro and grass chatter

I have carpet laid out for a runway at my location...Micros have no difficulties taking off or landing..
......if someone fly's micro's a lot, a simple small roll of carpet or a rug could be used with no issues.....and landing a micro on the carpet is far easier than my large planes that's for sure.

just for your information if anyone is worried about grass landings
Sep 29, 2016, 02:11 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Dromida seems to be jumping in with both feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzr11803
Ares with the Taylorcraft and their WWI biplanes
Quote:
Even the air cores were.
HK has a couple but they're brushed and I'm tired of doing conversions:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

Then there is this guy but it isn't a WWII warbird so my interest isn't there: http://www.banggood.com/Macfree-2_4G...p-1022987.html

Wish Aircore would have stuck around. In spite of my misgivings about FZ brand quality, I would have given them a shot. Unfortunately they phased out before my interest came back to micros.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:14 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGhost
....The beef is helping this company create their SAFE system with tests and trials and information and then for them to deny us access unless you spend a Fortune to buy a model well is not what i call good customer relations...but it is what it is.
What??
Sep 29, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55TBird
You forgot at least one:

(7) Watch plane go endo, because tricycle gear with wheel pants cannot be landed on grass without upset and probable damage.
The UMX planes planes have not enough mass for any damage. They plop easy in the grass. The FAA know this fact too
Sep 29, 2016, 02:16 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
what??

lol....
Sep 29, 2016, 02:32 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
As was said, dromida and such. Even the air cores were.

But for that premium price HH wants for the micros, you can get a larger and higher quality plane.

I have never severely crashed my micros. But the operational percentage is between 50 and 60 for me.

The new 2s may have a better motor. But you pay for it big time, and you don't even get so much as a battery.

Sure you can get bigger birds for the same money. But they need more space to fly.

The entire point of UMX is they're small and can fly in very small spaces. So a bigger, higher quality bird is not exactly a selling factor, if you want an 800mm or 1m class bird, you won't be looking at UMX's in the first place. And the weight does limit the build quality possible. Light means either pricey and exotic materials, or cheapish build.

The BnF basics are something HH was asked for by users sick of paying extra to get yet another crappy charger & cheapo battery. I've got more than a 1/2 dozen different 1s chargers thanks to this and am a big fan of the BnF Basic idea. You save $10-20 and don't get stuff that you'll toss or stick in a box somewhere.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:34 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
I take apart my chargers to add to my parallel 1s harness. But yeah, I hate their lipos.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:43 PM
DFS#000178
There's actually quite a bit of competition for UMX planes.

Dromida is just the newest. EasySky and a number of other Chinese no-name brands make really nice little micros. Flyzone has a few nice micros too - the B-25 excluded because it's junk. But the P-38 was really nice. There's also the little 680mm planes on HobbyKing. A Cessna 177, Decathlon and Beaver, as well as a P-51D and Hurricane.

But yeah if initial reports on this Cessna are good, I'm totally in. I like 182s. I prefer the older airframes but the new ones are pretty too.

Plus I have the new 1300mm VMAR Cessna 182 on the way.

I think I need another Cessna.
Last edited by Rampage; Sep 29, 2016 at 02:51 PM.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:53 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
There's actually quite a bit of competition for UMX planes.

Dromida is just the newest. EasySky and a number of other Chinese no-name brands make really nice little micros. Flyzone has a few nice micros too - the B-25 excluded because it's junk. But the P-38 was really nice. There's also the little 680mm planes on HobbyKing. A Cessna 177, Decathlon and Beaver, as well as a P-51D and Hurricane.

But yeah if initial reports on this Cessna are good, I'm totally in. I like 182s. I prefer the older airframes but the new ones are pretty too.

Plus I have the new 1300mm VMAR Cessna 182 on the way.

I think I need another Cessna.
I like the newer Cessna 182 with the more "modernized" tail section. One of my first planes was Airfield 55.5" Cessna 182. Loved that plane

Quick Reply