Sep 29, 2016, 12:00 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55TBird
You forgot at least one:

(7) Watch plane go endo, because tricycle gear with wheel pants cannot be landed on grass without upset and probable damage.

I'll add one of my own.

(8) Spend fruitless time & money attempting to modify a 'scale C182' UMX to operate from a grass field - NOT!

God forbid your near-weightless foam airplane nose-over into the fluffy softness of grass. I'm sure it'll just be absolutely wrecked!

Good luck modifying the plane to do something no UMX plane is designed for.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 12:08 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Our grass field is mowed frequently. My Cub and Champ hop off the grass with no problem. Long ago I learned how to stall and plop a small plane on grass.
Thank you Mike. I taught many a pilot how to fly a 182. I preordered mine and may the "Nay Sayers" be gone
Gary
Sep 29, 2016, 12:19 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55TBird
I have every right to be here, expressing my own opinion. I have not attacked you personally, nor made snide reference to your intellect. Please refrain from doing so. I do not appreciate it.
My apologies for the stupid comment. No apologies for the rest of telling you to get . It stumps me why a toy plane is announced and people like you jump on the thread just so you can gripe about every single thing you can come up with. Just don't buy it then... how hard can that possibly be
Sep 29, 2016, 12:35 PM
I personally think it's awesome that the plane's designer jumped in on this thread right at the beginning to give us some helpful thoughts and explanations about factors that went into the plane's design. Thanks, Mike! Honored that you are joining us here!

I also think this is a beautiful model of an iconic aviation line. Have flown a full scale 150 and would love to take a turn with a 182. I fly the 182 on my Phoenix Flight Sim alot. So I will very likely get this HH offering to continue my Cessna-flying fantasies!

Look out, school yard and my other small fields!

Tom
Sep 29, 2016, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsoar4fun
Cute. Release date?
Facebook live post just said 4- 6 weeks
Sep 29, 2016, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane
So go buy aircore!! This is a HH product!

The HH micros have come a LONG way for just a few dollars more.

I will buy this one for sure!
I have almost all of the air core planes, it was the only way I could get something non-allied as far as war birds go. They were also a superior value. HH was my favorite company before the buy out. It's not like I have no basis for which I speak.

BTW the competition has also come a LONG way for much less. Also HH has a shorter leash with their products than they ever have. Commitment to their products was a strength pre buy out. You could count on support for a long time. Not so much now.
Last edited by mattman0182; Sep 29, 2016 at 12:50 PM.
Sep 29, 2016, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
My apologies for the stupid comment. No apologies for the rest of telling you to get . It stumps me why a toy plane is announced and people like you jump on the thread just so you can gripe about every single thing you can come up with. Just don't buy it then... how hard can that possibly be
By the same yoken, what is the point of you getting on the forum to gripe about other posters who don't share your exact opinion?
Sep 29, 2016, 12:50 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman0182
I like the plane, just not the price or and confidence the plane will be made/supported for any extended time.

Its kind of like what happened with the Air Cores, although they were a much better value than the Horizon UMX even before discounted.

Most of my planes are HH, albeit pre-buy out models.
Pricing is comparable to other 2s models from HH. They've never done cheaper 2s. So I don't see the complaint on price, $129 is very reasonable for a 2s micro with SAFE.

If it sells, it will see a 2-3 year lifespan. If it doesn't it'll be gone next year, same as anything else. Only so much space for different products and everything gets refreshed at some point.
Sep 29, 2016, 12:52 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
By the same yoken, what is the point of you getting on the forum to gripe about other posters who don't share your exact opinion?
Touche
Sep 29, 2016, 12:53 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Pricing is comparable to other 2s models from HH. They've never done cheaper 2s. So I don't see the complaint on price, $129 is very reasonable for a 2s micro with SAFE.

If it sells, it will see a 2-3 year lifespan. If it doesn't it'll be gone next year, same as anything else. Only so much space for different products and everything gets refreshed at some point.
The Beast lasted forever, and even that Legend of UMX has now been discontinued
Sep 29, 2016, 12:54 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
Finally they heard me!

Time to start getting into RC again...only because they're finally making civilian micros.
You mean other than the CC, the J-3,, the Champ's, the Pitts S-1S, the P3 Revolution, or the Sport Cub?

Based on the selection on Horizon's website, the UMX line is about 1/3 Civilian, 1/3 non-scale and 1/3 military.
Sep 29, 2016, 12:55 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
I have almost all of the air core planes, it was the only way I could get something non-allied as far as war birds go. They were also a superior value. HH was my favorite company before the buy out. It's not like I have no basis for which I speak.

BTW the competition has also come a LONG way for much less. Also HH has a shorter leash with their products than they ever have. Commitment to their products was a strength pre buy out. You could count on support for a long time. Not so much now.
I thought I once read someone from Horizon stating they keep parts on hand for discontinued models for about a year... possibly two? Not sure on that so don't quote me.

What's the competition for a UMX sized plane?
Sep 29, 2016, 12:56 PM
Custom User Name Title
Awwww....Somebody's poor widdle feewings were hurt
Sep 29, 2016, 12:57 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Dromida seems to be jumping in with both feet.
Sep 29, 2016, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Hobby grade?
Ares with the Taylorcraft and their WWI biplanes, As mentioned above Dromida seems to be dropping stuff left and right, and if you're into building Stevens Aero has a lot. But none of them have really hit the brushless 2S stuff like HH has.

Toy grade?
Check ebay....

Quick Reply