New Product

E-Flite UMX Cessna 182 BNF Basic

Name: EFLU5650_b0.jpg
Views: 196
Size: 69.0 KB
Description:

Product Link

Overview

Since it began production in 1956, the Cessna 182 has allowed millions of people the world over to claim their share of the sky. At the heart of its popularity are its simple systems and forgiving flight characteristics that make it easy for individuals from all walks of life to realize their dream of flight.

Like its full-scale inspiration, this exceptionally detailed ultra micro version is easy to operate and a joy to fly. It comes fully assembled and flight-ready with an efficient brushless power system and the smooth, stable response of an AS3X® receiver with optional SAFE® Select technology.

Officially Licensed with Impressive Scale Details

This officially licensed design boasts a level of scale realism you won't find on any other 182 model its size. Details include molded panel lines, wheel pants, engine cowl inlets, accurate Cessna badging and more. The overall look and trim scheme is inspired by that of the next-generation 182s that began rolling off the assembly line in 1997.

AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE® Select Flight Mode

The model's AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger, expertly tuned aircraft.

If you're new to flying scale ultra micros or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can activate the optional SAFE® Select flight mode.
With the SAFE® Select mode activated, you get:

Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
-These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
Automatic Self-Leveling
-Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released.
No programming is required. The function is automatically assigned to your transmitter's gear channel so you can turn it on and off whenever you want.

Key Features

Officially licensed design and modern trim scheme
Realistic panel lines, wheel pants, cowl inlets and more
AS3X® receiver with optional SAFE® Select flight mode
Powerful 180-size brushless motor
Full 4-channel control - elevator, ailerons, rudder and throttle
Steerable nose wheel
Needed To Complete

What's in the box?

Full-range, 4+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
200-280mAh 2S LiPo flight battery
2S compatible LiPo charger
(1) UMX™ Cessna 182 airplane without transmitter
(1) User manual
Overview

Since it began production in 1956, the Cessna 182 has allowed millions of people the world over to claim their share of the sky. At the heart of its popularity are its simple systems and forgiving flight characteristics that make it easy for individuals from all walks of life to realize their dream of flight.

Like its full-scale inspiration, this exceptionally detailed ultra micro version is easy to operate and a joy to fly. It comes fully assembled and flight-ready with an efficient brushless power system and the smooth, stable response of an AS3X® receiver with optional SAFE® Select technology.

Officially Licensed with Impressive Scale Details

This officially licensed design boasts a level of scale realism you won't find on any other 182 model its size. Details include molded panel lines, wheel pants, engine cowl inlets, accurate Cessna badging and more. The overall look and trim scheme is inspired by that of the next-generation 182s that began rolling off the assembly line in 1997.

AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE® Select Flight Mode

The model's AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger, expertly tuned aircraft.

If you're new to flying scale ultra micros or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can activate the optional SAFE® Select flight mode.
With the SAFE® Select mode activated, you get:

Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
-These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
Automatic Self-Leveling
-Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released.
No programming is required. The function is automatically assigned to your transmitter's gear channel so you can turn it on and off whenever you want.

Product Specifications

Flying Weight: 4.6 oz (130g)
Length: 20.3 in. (516mm)
Material: Foam
Motor Size: Brushless 180 outrunner 2500Kv
Wing Area: 93 sq. in. (601 sq cm)
Wingspan: 25 in (635mm)

Video
E-flite UMX Cessna 182 BNF Basic (2 min 12 sec)
Last edited by BridgeInspector; Oct 03, 2016 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added video
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 08:08 AM
that is a very nice looking 182!
Sep 29, 2016, 08:18 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
1st clear windows on a high-wing since the Carbon Cub!
Sep 29, 2016, 09:08 AM
Awesome!!!! Subbed to this one for sure!

Rotary servos on the ailerons!
Latest blog entry: DPS-600PB Dual Build
Sep 29, 2016, 09:22 AM
The price is steep for such a small plane with no batteries or anything.

Also reluctant to buy anything HH since they don't keep any of their products going.
Sep 29, 2016, 09:29 AM
Only took five posts for the same old rehashed complaints to come out of the wood work.... new record?
Sep 29, 2016, 09:30 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
WooHoo! HH bashing has already begun!
Sep 29, 2016, 09:39 AM
Quad Questions Team member
I for one cant wait i love scale micros
Sep 29, 2016, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Only took five posts for the same old rehashed complaints to come out of the wood work.... new record?
Well that should tell you something.

It just hasn't been the same since they were bought out. I'm not at a position in which I can be careless with my money. That is why I'm picky where I spend it.

If You dont have too oh well good for you.
Sep 29, 2016, 10:05 AM
If you don't have anything nice to say........
Sep 29, 2016, 10:05 AM
aww no pilot???? hahaha, just kidding I'm in for one!!
Sep 29, 2016, 10:21 AM
I like this! Seeing how they do with grass fields first, but probably getting one!
Sep 29, 2016, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzr11803
I like this! Seeing how they do with grass fields first, but probably getting one!
Yeah hope it can plop down nicely in grass without damaging the gear. I have to figure out what to sell now to afford it
Sep 29, 2016, 10:26 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman0182
The price is steep for such a small plane with no batteries or anything.

Also reluctant to buy anything HH since they don't keep any of their products going.
It's 2s, not 1s. Same price as the J-3 cub.

That's about the lowest price you'll see for 2s UMX.
Sep 29, 2016, 10:28 AM
There's always that one that has to complain. Kinda like when you go to a sporting event . there's always that one drunk in your group.