Jan 26, 2017, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Sweet, looking forward to your order! Think you'll like it

I'm almost done, will have some build pics and AUW today
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2017, 05:49 AM
Thread OP
Got it built up and balanced, weight is 150 grams with 2 KST X08's. Here's a video of the fuselage installation, and shows the X08 V5 in action. Note the wing chord is basically the same as a regular DLG wing (around 170mm) so what you see should be what you get on a regular install. Servos are random from my stock... not picked (I never pick). Can probably save a few grams if we move the X08's up front but I'm not sure if the stuff will fit that way. Will try some time.

GO Mini servo installation and KST X08 v5 show off (0 min 52 sec)
Jan 27, 2017, 12:33 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Awesome build pictures.

Making it extremely tempting to purchase one of these. Now just to decide on the glass or carbon version
Jan 27, 2017, 12:47 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
Wow how nice and easy is that. Mine will be for sale built by me after San falasco. Hit me up if you want it.
I'll post pictures of build in a week or so.
Latest blog entry: cr
Jan 27, 2017, 12:50 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense

CA trick

Thomas can you explain what you are doing in picture 0055 with the CA? The pushrods do not have a Z-bend, correct?
Jan 27, 2017, 01:32 PM
Thread OP
Thank you guys!

Woogie man, I think I missed answering that question in your PM, sorry. Price is of course the biggest difference, durability and stiffness will go to the carbon model. Glass model I feel will take launches up to 55~60m, but I would not load as much ballast in it as the carbon model. Weight will be slightly higher on the glass model because of the need of extra carbon doublers in some areas that is not needed in the carbon layup.
Jan 27, 2017, 01:34 PM
Thread OP
Gavin you're really trying to sell it quick to make room for a production model later aren't you, hahaha.

Swafly it is just to keep the carbon rod at the exact place I want it to be, pushrod is solid all the way through (potential for weight savings there if someone wants to go lower in weight).
Jan 27, 2017, 01:47 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
no I want a special paint scheme .
Gavin
Latest blog entry: cr
Jan 27, 2017, 02:00 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thomas, a question for you. Why not preserve the aspect ratio of the 1.5m DLG in this mini one?

Did you make any prototypes like that?
Jan 27, 2017, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
Adrian, do you mean for the wing?
If so, there are several reasons in no particular order:
1. Bigger wing = higher flying weight, thus easier to throw
2. Bigger wing = higher flying efficiency due to limited span
2.5. Bigger wing = very good hang time even if same wing loading as smaller wing (at the same time generally having better L/D), in rough conditions can ballast up heavy and not sink like a rock (better momentum and stability).
3. Bigger wing = stronger and higher durability
3.5. Bigger wing = stiffer parts so you can launch and ballast better.

Note- these reasons are based on a 1m model.
Jan 27, 2017, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Trussell
no I want a special paint scheme .
Gavin
You always need to be a special snowflake.

OK 3:09 am New Years day. Time to get a few more drinks take a nice hot shower and count some sheep.
Jan 27, 2017, 03:21 PM
Honorable Deplorable
So this is a top wing plane, but the electronics are upsidedown?
Jan 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
iVoid Warranties
Happy New Year, don't over-eat on the dumplings..

Quick Reply