Nov 19, 2016, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
Hey guys, just wanted to reassure everyone we are still working on this We went through a few iterations of the fuselage design and working on what is (hopefully) the final version now. If all goes well we will start milling holds beginning of December, and I should have some planes to test when I get back from my vacation early January. Once we finish the 3D models I'll post some screenshots.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2016, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
A couple renders of the GO Mini. Just 4 more small updates to various details and I think the molds will start milling early next week. I think you guys will be happy with how easy it will be to build.
Nov 29, 2016, 09:51 PM
Thread OP
A few renders of the fuse/wing area. Pushrods go straight back from the servos allowing for lots of room in the fuselage for ballast, and comes out of an aero flaring right ahead of the horn. Servo tray is pre-molded and slightly staggered for better servo installation. Servo is EMAX 9051, of course you can fit other servos on it with minimal work as well. Horizontal tail mount is one-piece with the fuselage.

Here's to easy building
Nov 29, 2016, 09:56 PM
very cool
Dec 04, 2016, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
Thank you Roy
We spent a bit of time further optimizing some of the details, molds are in progress now. Hope to have them ready soon.

Couple more quick and rough renders to tease you guys while we wait.
Dec 05, 2016, 08:13 AM
Closed Account
I like that molded in servo tray, good idea.
Dec 05, 2016, 08:39 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Paul, we've been using it since 2013 on the Aerial... it makes installation a breeze The GO Mini is all about easy to assemble and high performance in a small package.
Dec 05, 2016, 11:09 AM
Closed Account
Hopefully between the Go and the Epee we can get enough pilots flying the smaller planes to have some great events in 2017.
Dec 05, 2016, 11:11 AM
plays with toy planes
That's weird. There aren't as many Go Mini posts on the Epee thread as there are Epee posts on the Go Mini thread.

Very much looking forward to your bringing this to market Thomas!
Dec 05, 2016, 11:34 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry d
That's weird. There aren't as many Go Mini posts on the Epee thread as there are Epee posts on the Go Mini thread.

Very much looking forward to your bringing this to market Thomas!
I apologize about being so enthusiastic about 1M DLG's. I think they are awesome no matter who is building them. I will however stay out of this thread to make barry happier.
Dec 06, 2016, 05:36 AM
Subscribed
Dec 06, 2016, 06:26 AM
Thread OP
Got a message from the CNC shop that they have officially started milling aluminum for out molds! PSYCHED!!!!
Estimate is 2 weeks to get the molds with a rough polish. Then pull a few parts to check the fit, and if everything is spot on then we'll do the final polish and start making flying prototypes. I got word that Steven and his wife will be working though Christmas, New Years and Chinese New Years this year... I think they're excited about the Mini, haha!
Dec 09, 2016, 07:55 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense
Any colour scheme ideas Thomas?
I like the all black carbon look idea, with a stripe on the bottom in the colour of choice.
This should be a nice plane to have in the car with the family and luggage, and still some space for dad's toys.
Dec 10, 2016, 01:55 AM
Thread OP
I haven't been able to spend much time on it yet, Im worried black on top will be hard to see

Got a message from Steven that he got the CNC shop to run our molds through two machines simultaneously, milling should be complete by Monday, maybe a week for polish. So looking forward to it
Dec 14, 2016, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
Another update from the factory, tail and fuse molds are done just running the final passes on the wing molds now. Looks like everything will be polished and ready for pick-up on the 22nd. I better get cracking on the graphics...

Things are starting to get real!

Quick Reply