GO Mini - a mini moldie DLG - RC Groups
Sep 28, 2016, 12:57 AM
New Product

GO Mini - a mini moldie DLG

Current Status (updated Oct 15, 2017)

Availability:
A new batch is available weekly, it will be uploaded on a rather flexible schedule. As each batch is available, I will announce it on this thread, and on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/armsoar)

Graphics:
See attached artwork below for the current standard graphics. Available in plain top with only colored stripes on the bottom, lightning, rainbow honeycomb, Canadian flag, and star graphics. (rainbow honeycomb and Canadian flag artwork will be uploaded soon).

Custom Graphics:
We will be accepting limited orders for custom graphics. These slots will be first-come-first-serve after we announce it, and will only be announced on RC Groups. Custom graphics will cost $100-$400 HKD extra depending on difficulty and how much work we need to do to get the design drawings ready for plotting the stencils. For more info please look at this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1230

Settings:
These are my current settings (to be updated)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys,

We will start milling molds after the Chinese National Day holiday (Oct 1). Still have a couple days to finalize which tail and fuse design to go with

The GO Mini is a 950mm wingspan solid-core moldie. Why 950mm and no 1000mm as common with the "1 meter class"? In China, juniors compete with 950mm DLG's at a school, regional, and national level. There are a few really good designs out there right now for their P3K events (in China they fly the Chinese "P" events, which stands for "Puji" meaning widespread or universal, which have simpler rules than the FAI counterparts), but we felt we could do a bit better That, and also because we wanted to have this available to all the international pilots as well, as these are really good models to learn on and also to keep in the car.

The GO Mini wing design is based on the Vibe airfoils, but modified to suit the slightly different requirements in this wingspan and speed range. One important thing we felt that could immediately boost performance is a larger wing area than what is popular on the mini DLG's. The reasons are quite simple:

-many mini DLG's are too light to throw very hard, with a bigger wing area you can keep the same wingloading even with a higher AUW, which allows you to exert a bit more power into the launch, and allows the plane some more momentum to keep going up.
-when windy, you can ballast these up more, and they will be very stable in wind with the extra mass, while the bigger wing carries the weight with ease.
-bigger area and lower AR will help make the wings more forgiving to pilot errors and new thumbs, helping keep the flying experience as smooth as possible.
-the bigger area and lower AR will also help make slightly more durable wings simply because there is a bit more meat to the wing.

Construction is solid-core XPS molded with either fiberglass or carbon skins. 1-piece wing, 1-piece fuselage ala the big boys, solid core molded tails. Of course, all control surfaces will be pre-faced in the molds.

All four servos will be in the fuselage, wings will be controlled via pushrods coming out the side like the original GO, and tails will be controlled with pull-string.

These will first come out in the fiberglass versions with a solid XPS core. We're expecting them to retail for ~$240 USD. They will be available through our own website, as well as through our dealer network.

A 'Pro' carbon version will be released at a later date, price will be ~$320 USD (TBC).

Another teaser photo to keep your beaks whetted

Thomas

Resources
Latest setup (2017/08/19): https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1001
Build log: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ldie-DLG/page8 (starting from post #107)
Last edited by ThomasLee; Oct 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2016, 02:04 AM
I need one of these in my car at all times. Keep 'em coming Thomas!
Sep 28, 2016, 08:35 AM
New at this whole life thing
Yay! Looks good Thomas! I love the fact that competition in this class is so prevalent in China; we so need that here too; plenty of room for it! Your whole GO! line is a breath of fresh air.
Sep 28, 2016, 09:05 AM
God Created me to Create
Nicely done ! maybe if we get enough 1M planes out there we can see the interest in flying them rival what you have going on.
Sep 28, 2016, 11:10 AM
God Created me to Create
Hey Thomas, The more i think about this the more excited I am. Another 1M going into production !!

Bring on the 1M's The more the merrier !!!!!!!! It's like a disease, it just keeps spreading !!!
Sep 29, 2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks peeps, a mini's been actually something I wanted to do for quite a while but have always been so tied up with other projects. Luckily with some additions to our manufacturing capabilities we've been able to put this into the front burner Now... I have to start thinking of a simple color scheme for it too, haha.
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Oct 03, 2016, 12:24 PM
A reluctant beekeeper ...
Oct 16, 2016, 03:35 PM
Hey!

Iam very interested in the GO Mini. Are there some news?

Best regards

Max
Oct 16, 2016, 04:21 PM
A plain black one like in the photo with 'Go mini' wrote on one wing in that style font and white stripes on bottom would look so awesome.

Splash of colour could just be the font? but a black and white one would just look so minimal and awesome.
Oct 16, 2016, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
A plain black one like in the photo with 'Go mini' wrote on one wing in that style font and white stripes on bottom would look so awesome.

Splash of colour could just be the font? but a black and white one would just look so minimal and awesome.
I'll second that - plain black with logo only - like the original carbon NEOS
Oct 17, 2016, 04:09 AM
Haven't finalized on the design yet so who knows how it'll end up, haha. Typically you'll want a couple big blocks of color for the plane to pop out in the air though.
Oct 17, 2016, 04:10 AM
Hi Max, good question, i should check in the with the workshop today and see if there are any updates for me. Will keep you guys posted Fingers crossed there's good news!
Oct 24, 2016, 10:21 AM
Hi ,My dear friends, the go mini will coming soon....
Nov 07, 2016, 09:06 PM
any news yet?
Nov 07, 2016, 09:15 PM
Yes we're working out the details on the 3D model right now to make sure everything is planned for and incorporated in the mold stage of production.