Oct 19, 2016, 08:49 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS
Would be curious about which brand fit GX210 the best, or it doesn't matter!?
I'm not an expert at propellers so I can't comment on that. However, I've heard that propellers have an effect on the PIDs, and also stability. In general, stiffer propellers provide better performance, but they tend to break easily. Since I crash quite a lot, I'll go with the cheapest option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan33
Hey Fyre, can you tell us about the distribution board?
I didn't remove the FC to examine the PDB, but I found the PDB on sale at Banggood.

Does the photo help? What would you like to know?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2016, 07:12 AM
Guess what just landed the top spot in the to-get list?

A question from a semi-intermediate pilot wot's-flown-a-bunch-of-stuff-but-never-racers though. What are the chances the Naze32 RTF version will screw me over with components soldered directly onto the FC, rather than neatly plugged in, as visible in the F3 version?
Last edited by Reavski; Oct 20, 2016 at 07:22 AM.
Oct 20, 2016, 10:27 AM
This machine rocks especially in BF (3.0.1).... almost perfect so powerful even from 3S .... well some jellos are here unfortunatly (especially after a crash...)
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Oct 23, 2016, 02:31 PM
Anyone post this yet? Wow this thing looks amazing! Just ordered mine...

Crazy Fast Realacc GX210 FPV racing Quadcopter 4S Battery (8 min 9 sec)
Oct 24, 2016, 12:39 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
This machine rocks especially in BF (3.0.1).... almost perfect so powerful even from 3S .... well some jellos are here unfortunatly (especially after a crash...)

Sounds like bent props or so.

Also, do any of you also have the lens of the FPV camera being a little loose? Mine has a little slop, I'm thinking about securing it with a bit of silicone or hot glue or so. Or it may vibrate out of focus probably.
Oct 24, 2016, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg208
Anyone post this yet? Wow this thing looks amazing! Just ordered mine...

https://youtu.be/935qRm2LBpU
I posted 2 videos. AliShanMao has a CC3D edition, mine's a SPR F3, which allows me to push it for greater performance. I strongly recommend the SPR F3 edition as it will work very nicely with the BLHeli_S ESCs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
The first thing every pilot should do to their GX210 is to flash BetaFlight. Impressive stability!!! I fixed the limited uptilt issue and together with BetaFlight, I had a great time flying my GX210 today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJ9TOo_YDY

There are some high-frequency oscillations during high throttle; I'll lower the respective P-gains to fix the shakes.
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrR-D7u_yzM

Even before flashing to BetaFlight, I prefer this more than Eachine Wizard X220.
Yes, it is amazing! It is even more amazing with 5040-3 and BetaFlight 3.0.1. I just tried it today, wow!
Oct 24, 2016, 09:15 AM
Quote:
I posted 2 videos. AliShanMao has a CC3D edition, mine's a SPR F3, which allows me to push it for greater performance. I strongly recommend the SPR F3 edition as it will work very nicely with the BLHeli_S ESCs.

Yes, it is amazing! It is even more amazing with 5040-3 and BetaFlight 3.0.1. I just tried it today, wow!
I ordered the F3 edition, and some 5040-3 to go with it I am pretty excited, although it is a bit of a jump up in performance from my X5Cs and XK X380, and will likely end in flinging parts all over the soccer field at a high rate of speed!
Oct 24, 2016, 09:31 AM
Quote:

High throttle shakes also gone now? PID and gyro/looptime settings?
Oct 24, 2016, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg208
I ordered the F3 edition, and some 5040-3 to go with it I am pretty excited, although it is a bit of a jump up in performance from my X5Cs and XK X380, and will likely end in flinging parts all over the soccer field at a high rate of speed!
This is definitely a huge jump up in performane than your toy-grade X5C, and the aerial-photography X380. Since you have the F3, you probably want to try some optimal settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
High throttle shakes also gone now? PID and gyro/looptime settings?
Nope, still there, but less (it's not jello now). Video just becomes blurry and I can't see if it is yaw or pitch or roll shake! I'll need to reduce P-gain of one axis at a time to see if it helps.
Oct 24, 2016, 09:55 AM
Did you check your FPV camera lens? Mine is a bit loose, so it can vibrate along with other things.
Oct 24, 2016, 10:25 AM
Yup, the lens is tight. The shakes get more pronounced as I gradually increase throttle so it's high P-gain. But I'm not exactly sure which axis.

What are your BF3 PIDs? Do you get shakes?
Oct 24, 2016, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Yup, the lens is tight. The shakes get more pronounced as I gradually increase throttle so it's high P-gain. But I'm not exactly sure which axis.

What are your BF3 PIDs? Do you get shakes?

I still need to maiden it. Been ill for about a month, and now slowly picking up the pace. Also had some trouble with other quads, Tarot 120 that spins out of control on faster turns, and an Ocday Razer 210 that suddenly decides to smoke it's flight controller, when connected to USB port... I hope to be able to make first flights with the GX210 tomorrow, need to mount battery, check throttle response, and fit props.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
Oct 25, 2016, 04:56 AM
Hmmm, there is no power button on the VTX, or is there? My VTX stays dead, no leds. It does get 12V from the PDB...

Seems to be my lucky week. Tarot 120 which spins out of control in a faster turn, Ocday Razer 210 that blows the FC just when connected with USB cable, and now this one with a dead VTX...
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 25, 2016 at 05:15 AM.
Oct 25, 2016, 10:23 AM
Oh no... tough luck for you.

Has anyone figured out how to mount a Runcam 2 or Mobius onto this frame. It seems to be designed to carry a GoPro or Yi camera, but not a Runcam 2.
Oct 25, 2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Hmmm, there is no power button on the VTX, or is there? My VTX stays dead, no leds. It does get 12V from the PDB...

Seems to be my lucky week. Tarot 120 which spins out of control in a faster turn, Ocday Razer 210 that blows the FC just when connected with USB cable, and now this one with a dead VTX...

Ha I transmitted my "black cat" c;loud which was flying over my head 3 months ago
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer