Realacc GX210 CC3D/Naze32/F3 Racer /w 700TVL Camera & 40CH VTX ARF/RTF - $103/190 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 16, 2016, 10:29 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Wow, BF 3.0 made it even BETTER!!!

The first thing every pilot should do to their GX210 is to flash BetaFlight. Impressive stability!!! I fixed the limited uptilt issue and together with BetaFlight, I had a great time flying my GX210 today:

Realacc GX210 SP Racing F3 RTF - Part 2/2 - Flashing to BetaFlight 3.0 (8 min 9 sec)

There are some high-frequency oscillations during high throttle; I'll lower the respective P-gains to fix the shakes.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2016, 10:44 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Nice flying (still referring to part 1, part 2 was just posted while I was typing, lol)

So basically if you update to CF 1.130, switch controller to LuxFloat and use stock PID settings, it's already very good, except a little high yaw P-gain issues?
Oct 16, 2016, 10:48 AM
Yes. With BF, I was able to run gyro and PID loop at 4k/4k, as well as activate MultiShot. And with the advanced features of BF, this thing flies much better.

Similar to CF, the default BF3.0 yaw P-gains are also too high.
Oct 16, 2016, 11:43 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
The first thing every pilot should do to their GX210 is to flash BetaFlight. Impressive stability!!! I fixed the limited uptilt issue and together with BetaFlight, I had a great time flying my GX210 today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJ9TOo_YDY

There are some high-frequency oscillations during high throttle; I'll lower the respective P-gains to fix the shakes.
Or a little more TPA rather than lowering P
Oct 16, 2016, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Yes. With BF, I was able to run gyro and PID loop at 4k/4k, as well as activate MultiShot. And with the advanced features of BF, this thing flies much better.

Awesome review fyre, sounds like this is the pick over the eachine wizard x220? Question about the escs, are they the V2s? and do you know the difference between the V1s and V2s? I saw the kit version they had of the realacc x210 came with 20Amp and 30Amp Blhelis V2s.
Oct 16, 2016, 10:51 PM
Quote:

Also is it necessary to flash the esc with the newest firmware of BLheli? 16.2 is stable enough?
Oct 17, 2016, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Or a little more TPA rather than lowering P
If I'm not mistakened, TPA applies to all axes but for my case, only the P gain of the yaw axis needs to be reduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan33
Awesome review fyre, sounds like this is the pick over the eachine wizard x220? Question about the escs, are they the V2s? and do you know the difference between the V1s and V2s? I saw the kit version they had of the realacc x210 came with 20Amp and 30Amp Blhelis V2s.
Yes. I'm not sure if they are V2s because I didn't remove the wraps to examine the labels in detail. V2 has BB2 MCU, which is faster. I honestly do not think BB2 matters to anyone, including experts. I wouldn't care if it comes with BB1.
Quote:
Also is it necessary to flash the esc with the newest firmware of BLheli? 16.2 is stable enough?
Absolutely not necessary, but I did it because it is effortless, and I have this weird habit of updating stuff to the latest version.
Oct 17, 2016, 07:22 AM
Quote:
If I'm not mistakened, TPA applies to all axes but for my case, only the P gain of the yaw axis needs to be reduced.

That's how I understand it as well, TPA reduces all P-gains, so if it's only yaw causing the issue, that needs to be adjusted only for best results.

Upgrading can be worthwhile, some stuff changes from "ok" to "absolutely amazing" after BF 3.0.0

But maybe it's sometimes better to do one upgrade at a time, so it's more clear from the start, what upgrade gives what additional performance? It does take more time though, making a test flight after each upgrade, so it may not be very practical. Anyway, thanks for the great info.
Oct 17, 2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:

Yes. I'm not sure if they are V2s because I didn't remove the wraps to examine the labels in detail. V2 has BB2 MCU, which is faster. I honestly do not think BB2 matters to anyone, including experts. I wouldn't care if it comes with BB1.

Absolutely not necessary, but I did it because it is effortless, and I have this weird habit of updating stuff to the latest version.
So long story short, the BB2 is obviously faster at processing, but can the performance be seen with 2300kv motors? Im debating on just building the kit with the V2 BB2s and 2600kv motors... Again awesome review Fyre.
Oct 17, 2016, 08:04 PM
What's it like landing/wrecking with the battery on the bottom? I have quite a bit of x5C flight time, but no acro mode or anything this fast. I feel like landing I would tip it over and snap props, and pancake wrecks would end up in a $200 ball of fire
Oct 17, 2016, 11:19 PM
HBS
HBS
Just went through every post in this thread. I'm interested in Realacc GX210. Knowing that I will break a lot of props, I plan to order some additional props with GX210. Do you think it is better to order the same prop, 5040BN, that come with RTF? Or, should I order Kingkong 5X4X3 that comes with the kit? I think I also saw Kingkong 5X4.5X3 somewhere, but I am not sure if that works with the RTF version (2300kv).
Oct 18, 2016, 03:47 AM
Quote:
So long story short, the BB2 is obviously faster at processing, but can the performance be seen with 2300kv motors? Im debating on just building the kit with the V2 BB2s and 2600kv motors... Again awesome review Fyre.
I don't have the answer but you might find this useful: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=179

In short, most pilots would not need BB2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg208
What's it like landing/wrecking with the battery on the bottom? I have quite a bit of x5C flight time, but no acro mode or anything this fast. I feel like landing I would tip it over and snap props, and pancake wrecks would end up in a $200 ball of fire
While it seems illogical to mount the battery at the bottom, I've had good luck with my P175 and GX210; so far, no batteries were damaged. GX210 is slightly better as it comes with foam pads on the battery protection plate, which should help absorb some of the impact.

Yes, it would tip over and snap the props if you're landing at a fast speed. With practice, you should be able to land it slow and soft, without damaging the props. Note - I've always been landing over grass, so I can't say the same for landing on solid ground.

In any case, the battery is unlikely to burst into flames unless it is smashed into the ground at high speed, rather than a rough landing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS
.... Do you think it is better to order the same prop, 5040BN, that come with RTF? Or, should I order Kingkong 5X4X3 that comes with the kit? I think I also saw Kingkong 5X4.5X3 somewhere, but I am not sure if that works with the RTF version (2300kv).
I believe the stock propellers are 5045BN, and I don't think they are the best. For a good trade-off between performance and efficiency, get the triple-blade, non-bullnose 5040-3 propellers (i.e.g 5x4x3). For my next video, I'll try them on my GX210.
Oct 18, 2016, 05:17 AM
Landing a quad with battery at the bottom is a challenge, you can't just drop it down from 10cm or so, like you see some landing, on Youtube. I practice landings a lot, also in breezy conditions, which helps, though if you check my P200 vids, you will see that not all landings are as soft as I wanted.
Oct 18, 2016, 04:06 PM
HBS
HBS
I believe the stock propellers are 5045BN, and I don't think they are the best. For a good trade-off between performance and efficiency, get the triple-blade, non-bullnose 5040-3 propellers (i.e.g 5x4x3). For my next video, I'll try them on my GX210.[/QUOTE]

Look forward to your next video on GX210!! You are right, the stock props that come with GX210 are 5045BN. I just did a search for 5x4x3 props, and found several brands, DAL, Gemfen, Kingkong, DYS, etc. Would be curious about which brand fit GX210 the best, or it doesn't matter!?
Oct 19, 2016, 07:37 AM
Quote:
I don't have the answer but you might find this useful: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=179

In short, most pilots would not need BB2.

While it seems illogical to mount the battery at the bottom, I've had good luck with my P175 and GX210; so far, no batteries were damaged. GX210 is slightly better as it comes with foam pads on the battery protection plate, which should help absorb some of the impact.

Yes, it would tip over and snap the props if you're landing at a fast speed. With practice, you should be able to land it slow and soft, without damaging the props. Note - I've always been landing over grass, so I can't say the same for landing on solid ground.

In any case, the battery is unlikely to burst into flames unless it is smashed into the ground at high speed, rather than a rough landing.

I believe the stock propellers are 5045BN, and I don't think they are the best. For a good trade-off between performance and efficiency, get the triple-blade, non-bullnose 5040-3 propellers (i.e.g 5x4x3). For my next video, I'll try them on my GX210.
Hey Fyre, can you tell us about the distribution board?