Oct 13, 2016, 11:38 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Not too bad, but definitely not Ready-To-Fly right out-of-the-box. Its CleanFlight 1.12 firmware is unconfigured, and take note that the default and the only configured flight mode is Acro aka Rate mode.

Hmm, I was expecting more, this is about the same as older Eachine quads, lots of polishing needed to make it (hopefully) shine. Maybe RTF should be changed to RTT, "Ready To Tune"
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2016, 01:08 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Not too bad, but definitely not Ready-To-Fly right out-of-the-box. Its CleanFlight 1.12 firmware is unconfigured, and take note that the default and the only configured flight mode is Acro aka Rate mode.
Guess that means that samples have been sent out... I agree that without custom pids they are not RTF
Oct 14, 2016, 06:14 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
I was more along the lines of this thing isn't flyable for the beginner, than this thing isn't polished. Having less-than-perfect PIDs is not a big deal, but not supporting Angle mode right out-of-the-box, will be a big issue for beginners.

Since this thing comes with an F3 FC, and BLHeli_S ESCs, it deserves BetaFlight firmware like Eachine Wizard X220.

Realacc GX210 has many signs showing that it was borned from the same mother as the other Eachine products. I have a feeling that Realacc is another product line of BG, just like Eachine.
Oct 14, 2016, 08:58 AM

Take note of the board orientation

It's rotated 90 degrees. The correct setting is to set GYRO and ACCEL to CW 0. Setting yaw to 90 degrees works but it won't be optimal.
Last edited by FyreSG; Oct 14, 2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Amendment
Oct 14, 2016, 09:00 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I almost killed the thing because it kept rolling wildly after arming! What the hell?! I broke 2 props and checked everything, except... the FC orientation.

How could they assembled the FC at the wrong orientation! This is very, very bad!
did you flash it with a new firmware? if so, are you sure they didn't have the FC orientation changed originally?
Oct 14, 2016, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpuIse
did you flash it with a new firmware? if so, are you sure they didn't have the FC orientation changed originally?
Yes, you are right - I flashed it with new firmware and I neglected the original setting. I watched my video showing the original default config and it's there.

I'll amend my post.
Oct 14, 2016, 09:59 AM
Hey, Fyre. Any chance of a video overview/review for this one? I'm interested in how it looks closer up and inside.
Oct 14, 2016, 10:07 AM
Yes, I am working on it. I hope to finish it by Sunday!!!

I haven't flown it but from what I see, I think it's not bad, quite OK, and has small flaws.
Oct 14, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Yes, I am working on it. I hope to finish it by Sunday!!!

I haven't flown it but from what I see, I think it's not bad, quite OK, and has small flaws.
All right, right on! What kind of flaws are we talking about here, if you don't mind spoiling the grand reveal?
Oct 14, 2016, 10:31 AM
Here are some points that I'd include in my video:

1. FPV camera uptilt is limited by its wire/plug blocked by the FC which is very close behind it.

2. While it has a SPF R3 FC and so it supports battery voltage status, the wires are not physically connected to the FC VBAT pads.

3. Comes with a PWM RX! What the ?!

4. Heatshrink for the ESCs have not been "shrunk".

5. VTX antenna connector is not straight (slightly slanted).

6. FPV camera is also not horizontally level.

7. It has an older version of CF and has bad default CF values (e.g. no Angle mode, OneShot not enabled).

I'll have to fly it tomorrow to know how it performs.
Oct 15, 2016, 07:37 PM

Part 1

Realacc GX210 SP Racing F3 RTF - Review Part 1 (15 min 42 sec)

Even before flashing to BetaFlight, I prefer this more than Eachine Wizard X220.
Oct 15, 2016, 07:52 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrR-D7u_yzM

Even before flashing to BetaFlight, I prefer this more than Eachine Wizard X220.
Fly's pretty good
Oct 16, 2016, 02:18 AM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrR-D7u_yzM

damn that looks really good for dvr footage. What are you using to record ?
Oct 16, 2016, 08:41 AM
Hello,

The arf version look nice, with a good camera and vtx is can be really great for the price.. But Banggood said that we don't need solder to put the camera and vtx, strange no ?

Thank you.
Oct 16, 2016, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Fly's pretty good
Yes, I'm rather surprised how well it flew, even before flashing to BetaFlight. I just tried BetaFlight with it and I'm utterly impressed! I thought it couldn't get any better, but I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
damn that looks really good for dvr footage. What are you using to record ?
The built-in DVR on my Eachine LCD5802D monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofflm
.... But Banggood said that we don't need solder to put the camera and vtx, strange no ?
Yes, they are right. Have you seen my video review of the GX210 RTF? You can see that the camera and VTX components are plug-and-play. I unplugged them and took them out for some shots. Of course, your camera and VTX must have the correct plugs, otherwise they wouldn't fit, and you need to solder the correct plugs.