Sep 27, 2016, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

NashBro Wrap-up and Photos

I have been hosting this event for around 13 years now. We started out just like any other fly-in but soon we started altering what we did and didn't do to make it more fun. It's almost entirely a non-stop open fly from sunrise to around 11 PM each night.

Each day around 12:04 we have a Mass Hover (that's a phrase I created on the fly at the first NashBro over a a decade ago). Everyone get's their bird in the air and we hover. That turned into vertical drag races. It's a sight to behold!

What really makes a Pro Bro event are the pilots. Some of our original Bros are no longer around. Some have moved on to other hobbies and unfortunately some have spun this mortal coil, but I can guarantee that they all had a good time when they were at a Pro Bro event! The way we treat each other and fly with each other is passed on each year. I don't know if the Bros know that the OG's are teaching them how we do it or not but I'm pretty sure the laid back attitude, the fact that a Bro will always help out another Bro and the attitude that this is all fun and good times seems to be carried on over the years.

There are only a few of us original Bros left but NashBro is always the same, even with the new Bros that have never attended. Each year I wonder if anyone will show up, and each year the field fills up and by Friday we are going full blast!

I had a lot of Bros tell me that this was their first ProBro event and they can't believe they have missed out. I also had Bros say this year's event was the best ever. It's always awesome to here!

Big Thanks
When I approached my old friend (and the guy that taught me how to fly RC) Bryce Custer about having NashBro in Leipers Fork he was nothing but supportive. We have had to go to city hall and jump through other political hoops through the years but so far the town always welcomes us back. This year Justin Timberlake bought the land adjoining our field and while most of the events were not allowed this year the NashBro remains, and will remain! So thanks to Bryce, Liz and the town of Leipersfork for having our back for so long.

Swany's House and Mark Shope pitched in and donated the last Moass ever made to help raise money for gas and the porta-johns. Pro Bro Andy worked with me to get the shirts going this year. Thumb Skull brought the sound system, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. He kept the tunes going an my mic charged...and the Christmas music was pretty cool too! Wild Fred donated an A10 as well. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's all appreciated!

The heat this year was crazy! I was calling it the SweatBro! I was chugging water and I'm still recovering. It didn't seem to stop the fun!

So thanks to all the new Bros that came down and all the old that continue to show up as well. It would not be same without y'all!

So much more to say, but I'll stop at THANKS!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2016, 03:01 PM
I can't believe I missed this. I'm only 2 hours west... DAMN!
Sep 12, 2017, 06:58 AM
9 more days until Nash 2017

Quick Reply