Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 19, 2017, 06:10 PM
Not going to walk that one off

Official DJI Mavic ***Owner and Developer'sThread***

I can confirm 4.1.2 does remove the Geo off switch.
Latest blog entry: DJI 5.5" Crystalsky Monitor...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 06:16 PM
Help! I'm a Newbie
I'm on 4.1.0 and you can turn it off but it will not turn nfz
Jun 19, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlo
I'm on 4.1.0 and you can turn it off but it will not turn nfz

That is normal.

It was either a choice of Geo or NFZ, there is no total off.

In the mean time I would suggest folks hang back on updates for a while until we see things stabilise and we know where the dust settles.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I can confirm 4.1.2 does remove the Geo off switch.
Ok, so to be clear are the new restrictions due to 4.1.2 or running .800, or both? I am seeing conflicting information so I am hoping to get the final word on this.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:26 PM

Official DJI Mavic ***Owner and Developer'sThread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronewell
Ok, so to be clear are the new restrictions due to 4.1.2 or running .800, or both? I am seeing conflicting information so I am hoping to get the final word on this.

In Dji Go 4.1.2 they have removed the Geo/NFZ switch and are now on Geo only, this appears to be fw independent.

With FW 01.03.0800 and Go 4.1.0 they added the restriction that you must have the smart device attached to unlock the 50mx30m restriction, again this only has to be attacked once then it's unlocked until you reboot the craft. .

Then there are new changes to NFZ classifications, this is a separate update that it requests to update the NFZ database.

But again with this weeks app this app update becomes not relevant.

The NFZ database is updated via the app to be craft but is independent of FW and App
Jun 19, 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
In Dji Go 4.1.2 they have removed the Geo/NFZ switch and are now on Geo only, this appears to be fw independent.

With FW 01.03.0800 and Go 4.1.0 they added the restriction that you must have the smart device attached to unlock the 50mx30m restriction, again this only has to be attacked once then it's unlocked until you reboot the craft. .

Then there are new changes to NFZ classifications, this is a separate update that it requests to update the NFZ database.

The NFZ database is updated via the app to be craft but is independent of FW and App
My Mavic is on .200 fw (no updates for a long time) and my app is DJI GO 3.0.2 and the switch for GEO is gone there as well.
Must have happened when I synced maps.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukappaseidue
My XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4X decacore 3gb/32gb that worked great with the previous firmware version 1.03.700 and 4.0.7 DJI GO 4 app.
Now the aircraft, after the mavic take off soon disconnect (ONLY) from my smartphone (rc, luckyly, is still with connection)
Get your self a Mini 4 and fly with confidence. I used driod products for years and it was always something to keep it going. As multiple people have told you DJI products simply work better with IOS, period. Best of luck sir, donnie
Jun 19, 2017, 07:49 PM
Quote:

Got it, so running a 4.1.0 and a FW earlier than .800 and we should be clear of the restrictions? Assuming so, where can I download 4.1.0?
Jun 19, 2017, 08:38 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Got it, so running a 4.1.0 and a FW earlier than .800 and we should be clear of the restrictions? Assuming so, where can I download 4.1.0?
If iOS follow this
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12...s-of-ios-apps/

If android just find the 4.1.0 apk
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar 1
My Mavic is on .200 fw (no updates for a long time) and my app is DJI GO 3.0.2 and the switch for GEO is gone there as well.
Must have happened when I synced maps.
My Mavic is also on .200 f/w running DJI Go4 4.0.2 and I still have the GEO on/off switch. I tested Go4 4.0.6 and 4.0.8 today with the same f/w and did not see any differences from Go4 4.0.2. The only thing I noticed was the App database update available but I was not about to click on that. I will be moving back to Go4 4.0.2. The only other thing I noticed was on my P4P running f/w .0304. With GEO on, I did not get the window where you have to check twice and click ok. I did get the message on my Mavic. I'm close to the 5 mile mark on a warning zone. Have you tried an old version of Go4?
Last edited by jmc67; Jun 19, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
Jun 19, 2017, 08:58 PM
Help! I'm a Newbie
Quote:
That is normal.

It was either a choice of Geo or NFZ, there is no total off.

In the mean time I would suggest folks hang back on updates for a while until we see things stabilise and we know where the dust settles.

Sorry, this whole nfz/geo is confusing. So what does mean geo is on and off? Is geo and nfz two different things? I thought when geo is off, nfz is off, except for big international airports
Jun 19, 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
If iOS follow this
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12...s-of-ios-apps/

If android just find the 4.1.0 apk
I am running IOS, so thank you I will check out that link. However, can you please confirm that keeping my FW at .500 and updating to 4.1.0 will not add the new restrictions? If it will then I might as well go with 4.1.2.
Jun 19, 2017, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc67
My Mavic is also on .200 f/w running DJI Go4 4.0.2 and I still have the GEO on/off switch. I tested Go4 4.0.6 and 4.0.8 today with the same f/w and did not see any differences from Go4 4.0.2. The only thing I noticed was the App database update available but I was not about to click on that. I will be moving back to Go4 4.0.2. The only other thing I noticed was on my P4P running f/w .0304. With GEO on, I did not get the window where you have to check twice and click ok. I did get the message on my Mavic. I'm close to the 5 mile mark on a warning zone. Have you tried an old version of Go4?
My mistake was probably that Geo was on so it updated the database, o well, too late.
Thanks.
Jun 19, 2017, 09:08 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar 1
My mistake was probably that Geo was on so it updated the database, o well, too late.
Thanks.
And more than likely you don't see any changes?
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 09:15 PM
Help! I'm a Newbie
Quote:
I am running IOS, so thank you I will check out that link. However, can you please confirm that keeping my FW at .500 and updating to 4.1.0 will not add the new restrictions? If it will then I might as well go with 4.1.2.

Don't update to 4.1.0, that's when I had get authorization in yellow zone