Problems with FS-IA6B receiver problems - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 27, 2016, 01:15 AM
Discussion

Problems with FS-IA6B receiver problems

I have two recievers that have very similar problems. After two separate minor crashes I cannot get them to stay powered on reliably. I cannot bind them either. there is no physical damage to them. It's really weird.

After the crash with the second receiver, the quad (beta flight 2.9 naze32) it rocketed into the air at ~100% throttle then fell to the ground and wouldn't respond.

Please help.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2016, 01:48 AM
That's a very strange issue. They are not binding at all?
Sep 30, 2016, 06:53 AM
Registered noob
Similar issue with one I have. Had to order a new one. I am curious if reflow solder would correct.
Oct 04, 2016, 12:34 AM
Reboot the TX and rx a few times and run through the binding procedure. When it takes hold, its there rock solid never to stray.
Oct 04, 2016, 10:15 AM
Registered noob
Its more like a bad solder joint as the power led doesn't even stay on. If i shake/ tap on it it will light. But then the TX is only connected to it intermittently.

Mark
Oct 04, 2016, 06:25 PM
Just to double check here. My original wouldn't bind either no matter how many times I tried. I returned it, received another, same problem, that was until I figured out the servo leads go on backwards on the rx compared to what other systems typically used.
Oct 05, 2016, 02:18 PM
Registered noob
Yea mine was already in and failed after a crash

Mark
Oct 09, 2016, 02:18 AM
Can you guys report this to flyskyRC@flysky-cn.net
Oct 15, 2016, 04:26 PM
foamies never die
oops
Oct 23, 2016, 06:08 PM
I've had this happen to two of my ia6b RXs. They work dandy and then just cut out at random. Tends to happen after a crash or two.

Some thing on the board just glitches out. I've got power across the headers. Give it a quick jolt and all of a sudden it works again. Not handy when you lose RX mid flight though. Both of these had to be de-cased and shrink wrapped to fit.

I've got ia6c Rx coming so I hope those are more rugged.
Nov 05, 2016, 03:54 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...

Which iBus for 8/10 ch?

Question before placing an order:

When using Tx capable for more than 6 ch, in order to have 8/10 channels with FS/TGY-iA6B receiver, which i-Bus gadget should I use? Either FS/TGY AEV01 i-Bus Receiver Channel Expander or very similar CEV01 2A?

My quess is the latter one, as it has servo lead to connect it with Rx, but I'd like to be sure, as I'm bit noobie with these iBusses, even I have a driving licence, which allows me to drive a bus.
Last edited by GasTeddy; Nov 05, 2016 at 04:13 AM.
Nov 05, 2016, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTeddy
Question before placing an order:

When using Tx capable for more than 6 ch, in order to have 8/10 channels with FS/TGY-iA6B receiver, which i-Bus gadget should I use? Either FS/TGY AEV01 i-Bus Receiver Channel Expander or very similar CEV01 2A?

My quess is the latter one, as it has servo lead to connect it with Rx, but I'd like to be sure, as I'm bit noobie with these iBusses, even I have a driving licence, which allows me to drive a bus.
If you have a TGY RX then Use a TGY expander. If you have a FlySky use a Flysky expander. FlySky have 2 models one for the iA10 and another for the iA10B and iA6B. You can tell be the servo connector rather than the micro connector for the iA10 versions.

Cheers
Nov 06, 2016, 03:51 AM
OK, thanks! So it will be either Flysky FS-CEV04, or TGY CEV01 2A. As far as I have understood, only difference between those two is the name, as Turnigy is just a re-brand of Flysky.

I have new 10ch Flysky FS-i6X in preorder and several iA6B receivers, so it would be nice to use them with extra channels. I regularly need 7 or 8 for my contraptions, which are normally fixed wing scale models, added with extra functions.
Nov 06, 2016, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTeddy
OK, thanks! So it will be either Flysky FS-CEV04, or TGY CEV01 2A. As far as I have understood, only difference between those two is the name, as Turnigy is just a re-brand of Flysky.

I have new 10ch Flysky FS-i6X in preorder and several iA6B receivers, so it would be nice to use them with extra channels. I regularly need 7 or 8 for my contraptions, which are normally fixed wing scale models, added with extra functions.
No it is not a rebrand. Its also FW and unknown mods. I would refrain from mixing TGY and FlySky hardware.

I have had FS i-bus modules fail after a RX FW update. TM 1.09 And that is with the same brand. Fixed in TM 1.10. I would not consider the risk worth it. It just takes a FW update on the radio and RX and ????

Cheers
Nov 06, 2016, 11:19 AM

TGY/FS compatibly

XR has no problems with FlySky & Hobbyking receivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr981s
No it is not a rebrand. Its also FW and unknown mods. I would refrain from mixing TGY and FlySky hardware.

I have had FS i-bus modules fail after a RX FW update. TM 1.09 And that is with the same brand. Fixed in TM 1.10. I would not consider the risk worth it. It just takes a FW update on the radio and RX and ????

Cheers
Does not matter, which ones I buy, as the price is practically the same. Turnigy's are available at Hobbyking and FlySkys from Banggood.

According to my own experience, they mix very well together; my FS9X and FSi6 work both fine with Turnigy & Hobbyking V2 receivers and My TGY9XR works without flaw with FlySky and Hobbyking rx's.

I know several cases guys updating TGY- i6 Tx with FlySky's software, without problems. Even FlySky's own representative told, they are just one and the same product, done by FlySky and sold out with several different names, Turnigy being one of them.