Sep 26, 2016, 01:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A clear example of why so many citizens are killed by police in America.

Ken Sheppard Video #1 (5 min 1 sec)

Someone like this should not have a badge. Even after other officers including his superior officer arrive he continues to point his gun at the man's head with his finger on the trigger. Someone this fearful and willing to esculate things has no business policing others. There was no reason for the Officer to escalate the situation and it seems as if the only reason he refused to stop pointing his gun at the man's head was out of spite. Just who was he protecting and serving?

Is this the type of freedom America is about?

Edit:

Ken Sheppard Video #2 (7 min 23 sec)

Here is the video were the Officers unknowing record them selves conspiring to charge him with something and and asks if they can please just taze him.

Her is an interview with the PI about the incident.
Asked & Answered: Follow Up Interview with Ken Sheppard After LASD Video Goes Viral (59 min 32 sec)

And here is one more link with the full story.
http://www.jasmyneacannick.com/blog/...-me-taser-him/
Last edited by Goonie Works; Sep 26, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
Sep 26, 2016, 01:54 PM
Pretty bad. We could not see what the officer could see but it looks like we had a county cop that probably has no business being a cop. Happens all the time.
Sep 26, 2016, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy6
Pretty bad. We could not see what the officer could see but it looks like we had a county cop that probably has no business being a cop. Happens all the time.
The fact that this video is out and this cop still has his job is a huge part of the problem.
Sep 26, 2016, 02:03 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie Works
https://youtu.be/FLTpLmgRu4w

Someone like this should not have a badge. Even after other officers including his superior officer arrive he continues to point his gun at the man's head with his finger on the trigger. Someone this fearful and willing to esculate things has no business policing others. There was no reason for the Officer to escalate the situation and it seems as if the only reason he refused to stop pointing his gun at the man's head was out of spite. Just who was he protecting and serving?

Is this the type of freedom America is about?
Fool is lucky he didn't get shot. Telling an officer what he should do with his weapon, then refusing to cooperate.
We live in a country where police officers are routinely shot, often killed, during the lawful pursuit of their duties.
Besides, that suit jacket the driver was wearing should be a capital offense.

Good on the responding officer to both protect himself and not harm an uncooperative subject.

This is a teaching moment. Do not ever second-guess police officers who simply take safety measures to prevent themselves from becoming the latest officer to lose his/her life in the line of duty.
Sep 26, 2016, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
Fool is lucky he didn't get shot. Telling an officer what he should do with his weapon, then refusing to cooperate.
We live in a country where police officers are routinely shot, often killed, during the lawful pursuit of their duties.
Besides, that suit jacket the driver was wearing should be a capital offense.

Good on the responding officer to both protect himself and not harm an uncooperative subject.

This is a teaching moment. Do not ever second-guess police officers who simply take safety measures to prevent themselves from becoming the latest officer to lose his/her life in the line of duty.
LOL! Did you just praise the officer for the way he handled this situation? How was the man lucky not to be shot, what exactly did he do which would have justified him being shot? and how was he being uncooperative?
Sep 26, 2016, 02:25 PM
Just by having his finger on the trigger shows what an incompetent cop the guy is. BTW, there is more video of the incident. They tried to conspire to come up with charges and one cop asks if they can just go ahead and taser the guy. Once they found out he is a PI on a case, they let him go. The civil suit just finished and the jury sided with the sheriff's department like a bunch of idiots.
Sep 26, 2016, 02:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy6
Just by having his finger on the trigger shows what an incompetent cop the guy is. BTW, there is more video of the incident. They tried to conspire to come up with charges and one cop asks if they can just go ahead and taser the guy. Once they found out he is a PI on a case, they let him go. The civil suit just finished and the jury sided with the sheriff's department like a bunch of idiots.
How anyone can side with the police department in this case is beyond me but if you are going to find people...this would be the place.
Sep 26, 2016, 03:01 PM
Sharing lunch with Jonesy.
What the heck is wrong with people. Everyone in the video was a person of color, therefore there is no problem. Only white cops do crazy things.
Latest blog entry: Later peeps
Sep 26, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
What the heck is wrong with people. Everyone in the video was a person of color, therefore there is no problem. Only white cops do crazy things.
Well, because, like most things, this had nothing to do with race. Everything to do with incompetence and government overreach.
Sep 26, 2016, 03:05 PM
I'd rather be Flying
A clear example of why so many citizens are killed by police in America.

Since no one was killed in this incident, I'd say your example really isn't.
Sep 26, 2016, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
I do believe both were in the wrong.

The police officer for messing with a citizen who had done nothing wrong, and the citizen for telling the officer what to do with his weapon.

While the finger on the trigger seems dangerous, the rule was not broken. The sight where on the intended target when the finger reached the trigger.

That cop sounded on a power trip though
Sep 26, 2016, 03:24 PM
Wingman
Way out of line, Its despicable how those Cops behaved. They put my Family who also wear a badge at risk by acting like that. The Officer who pointed his weapon showed very poor weapon discipline by having his finger on the trigger instead of the guard, both ways enable the weapon to be quickly fired but on the trigger is far more prone to an accidental discharge.

As for the PI, He was stupid and also out of line. He should have taken care of his vehicles violations and he should have stepped out when ordered that is why the court went against him. However nothing he did would have justified the officer not holstering his weapon after it was clear the man was not a threat or the laughing female officer asking to taze the guy.

That department needs to be flooded with demands for those officers badges and i will shed no tears when they are fired. They will eventually be fired or killed acting like that are any real Officer would realize that they are a liability to the department. They are not professional LEOs and do not deserve to wear the badge. Since he had just finished a case against them i would not doubt this was retaliation, That department needs cleaned up before they kill someone and cost the taxpayers a fortune.
Sep 26, 2016, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shung
I do believe both were in the wrong.

The police officer for messing with a citizen who had done nothing wrong, and the citizen for telling the officer what to do with his weapon.

While the finger on the trigger seems dangerous, the rule was not broken. The sight where on the intended target when the finger reached the trigger.

That cop sounded on a power trip though
The guy is wrong for telling a man walking up on him with a deadly weapon drawn to put it away because there was no threat to him? Amd had did nothibg wrong...Are you kidding me? Why on God's green earth was the man a "intended target" of the police officer in the first place? Are you just going to gloss over the fact that the man had no reason to have a gun pointed at his head with the finger on the trigger in the first place?
Sep 26, 2016, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie Works
The guy is wrong for telling a man walking up on him with a deadly weapon drawn to put it away because there was no threat to him? Amd had did nothibg wrong...Are you kidding me? Why on God's green earth was the man a "intended target" of the police officer in the first place? Are you just going to gloss over the fact that the man had no reason to have a gun pointed at his head with the finger on the trigger in the first place?
Why the gun was drawn in the first place is not the citizens business. Telling the officer to holster it was a receipe for escalation.

I told you the citizen seemed to have done nothing wrong, that's why the cop was wrong too.

You are so focused on blaming the cop for everything that you are not even capable of reading what I actually posted. ..
Sep 26, 2016, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF
Way out of line, Its despicable how those Cops behaved. They put my Family who also wear a badge at risk by acting like that. The Officer who pointed his weapon showed very poor weapon discipline by having his finger on the trigger instead of the guard, both ways enable the weapon to be quickly fired but on the trigger is far more prone to an accidental discharge.

As for the PI, He was stupid and also out of line. He should have taken care of his vehicles violations and he should have stepped out when ordered that is why the court went against him. However nothing he did would have justified the officer not holstering his weapon after it was clear the man was not a threat or the laughing female officer asking to taze the guy.

That department needs to be flooded with demands for those officers badges and i will shed no tears when they are fired. They will eventually be fired or killed acting like that are any real Officer would realize that they are a liability to the department. They are not professional LEOs and do not deserve to wear the badge. Since he had just finished a case against them i would not doubt this was retaliation, That department needs cleaned up before they kill someone and cost the taxpayers a fortune.
He should have just taken care of the vehicle violations??? HE WASN'T STOPPED FOR ANY VEHICLE VIOLATIONS! They made that stuff up tonjustify the cips actions. what reasons did the officer have to order the man out of his car or grab the man's arm.

Quick Reply