Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat RTR - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat RTR

The Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat is a great looking boat that comes with the radio system. It offers fantastic details including working lights and a water cannon that actually works...

Splash

Working lights and a water cannon

The Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat is a great looking boat that comes with the radio system. It offers fantastic details including working lights and a water cannon that actually works. Nearly everything you need is in the box and pre-built. Just add a 3S 2200mAh lipo to power the boat and 8 AA batteries for the radio to complete the unit. It's a pretty large boat with a length of 38" which will make it easy to see on the water. The price is $449 available at Hobbico.

Learn more about the Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat here.

Sep 26, 2016, 02:42 PM
RCGroups Editor
They did a great job on that video!!
Sep 26, 2016, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
They did a great job on that video!!
You mean the Resurrection, I saw that video back in Sept 2013. I have the boat, VERY pleased
Sep 26, 2016, 04:45 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARSITY
You mean the Resurrection, I saw that video back in Sept 2013. I have the boat, VERY pleased
Yep. Relaunch with the Tactic 2.4GHz transmitter. Most of their boats are getting this treatment.
Sep 26, 2016, 05:28 PM
One giant leap for slothkind
I just can't get over that CGI fire...
Sep 26, 2016, 11:20 PM
Goneflying
with that water cannon might have to re-name it fire rescue "PP on the CC"
Sep 27, 2016, 08:14 AM
Most anything RC
Nothing new here, it was originally launched with the 2.4G Tactic Tx/Rx. Sold my 17 earlier this year.
Sep 27, 2016, 09:27 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofbizaster
with that water cannon might have to re-name it fire rescue "pp on the cc"
lol!
Jan 22, 2017, 10:41 AM
It's a nice looking boat. However...

Two of our group members have them, and both have had repeated ESC issues both in and out of warranty. It uses an ESC that controls both the pump and the main motor. I'd suggest new buyers be confident in replacing electronics with something more reliable once the ESC dies. There are plenty of better ESCs and receiver controlled switches, so these are doable replacements.

Otherwise, these are great boats. Have fun!
Jul 16, 2017, 12:47 PM
I have this boat, very impressed with the detail and run time. No overheating issues, but after about 3 runs with the water pump it just would not get a prime. I used the technical notice and it pumped water for less than a second. Turns out that the plastic/brass drive bearing had gotten so hot that it melted and wouldn't drive the gears. I'm pretty sure the pump got a clog or something. I later replaced the pump with a windshield washer pump and now the boat shoots water at least 35 feet! It actually propels the boat. Had another issue where the boat gets leaks in the hull and I don't know if it's the cooling system or the water pump. Also, in the promotional video, they mention that the ESC is water-cooled. It is certainly not water-cooled! It is near the coolant pickup, but no water lines are running through it, or unless the cool water under the keel absorbs the heat, but all I know is that it is not water cooled. Overall, It is a great boat! Needs a lot of Corrosion-X though, I already had some corrosion on the light connectors.
Aug 07, 2017, 10:34 PM
Has anyone modified the tactic transmitter to get the extra 2 channels to operate emergency lights, hour or siren? Any idea how to do it?