This thread is privately moderated by austntexan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 26, 2016, 02:11 AM
weniger, aber besser
Thread OP
Discussion

Crashtesthobby Assassin: 30" modification

Bought a 3 pack of Assassins from Crashtesthobby.com last year. So far I've built 2. The first was built as a Piņata and the 2nd was originally built to spec from Lee's videos.

A couple weeks back I thought it might be interesting to see if the Assassin would work as a 30" wing. I've been pleasantly surprised with it's flying characteristics. It's not lost much of the forgiving nature of the 37" wingspan.

Here's a recent evening flight. It's just a bunch of figure 8s, but I attempted to fly them low and straight to approximate what it might look like in FPV. Proper FPV flight will be soon hopefully.

CTH Assassin 30" LOS Sunset (5 min 49 sec)

I'm flying symmetrical fins, essentially a mirror image of the fins that come with the kit. I'm not experiencing much of the typical waggle you see in other wings. My plan is to continue reducing the size of the fins to find the optimal size for speed and stability.

The power section of the wing is the 3530 1700KV motor, recommended by Lee on the CTH website. I'm running it on 4S and it's performance is really nice. I'm getting a solid 6 minutes of aggressive flying on only a 1300mA 4S pack. I'd imagine double that with a conservative throttle, even on 4S. Prop is a HK 760 Bone.

to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply