Thread Tools
Sep 24, 2016, 09:07 PM
Registered User
a frayed knot's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Anyone in STL flying DLGs?


Hey there!

I'm a college student in St. Louis, Missouri looking for others into DLGs. I'm new to the sport (but not to rc) and would love to have a friend to fly with/get some pointers from. I fly a heavily patched Neos in Forest Park whenever I get a chance

Dalton
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2016, 09:54 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
rdwoebke's Avatar
Dalton,

Check out the MVSA club. They have a handful of Dlg guys and sometimes fly at Forrest park.


Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Sep 25, 2016, 12:46 PM
Registered User
a frayed knot's Avatar
Thread OP
Great, thanks! I'll take a look at their website.
Jan 31, 2020, 11:01 AM
Registered User
I fly dlgs in Forest Park Call me 314/477 6778

Robert Samuels
Jan 31, 2020, 03:23 PM
Registered User
sparrow1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransamuels
I fly dlgs in Forest Park Call me 314/477 6778

Robert Samuels
Looks like your 4 years late to the party....
Jan 31, 2020, 04:41 PM
Registered User
Dang! I didn't look at the date. It just popped up new to me on the forum. I wonder how that happened?
Jan 31, 2020, 06:45 PM
Registered User
sparrow1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransamuels
Dang! I didn't look at the date. It just popped up new to me on the forum. I wonder how that happened?
Maybe it works the same as youtube lol!
Feb 01, 2020, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Lufo's Avatar
Send the OP a PM and see if he responds. By now he may have graduated college and is living in the area. If so might have someone new to fly with.
Feb 01, 2020, 11:13 AM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
We still need more dlg fliers in StL. The last couple of years we have had to import them from as far away as Bloomington.

I think that if we could get enough interest from folks in the surrounding couple of states, we could put on a nice two day event in Saint Louis. Used to get a good turn out about 10 years ago but then for some reason we let it go.

If you would like to see this happen again and would come let me know. We do have a pretty nice field to fly from.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Feb 11, 2020, 04:44 PM
Registered User
a frayed knot's Avatar
Thread OP
(deleted)
Last edited by a frayed knot; Feb 11, 2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Feb 11, 2020, 04:46 PM
Registered User
a frayed knot's Avatar
Thread OP
I've since graduated and moved away... but hope this thread can generate some interest in STL regardless!
Feb 12, 2020, 02:12 PM
Registered User
Sweet! Next time I am in STL for work, I'll bring something to toss!

James
Feb 18, 2020, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
We still need more dlg fliers in StL. The last couple of years we have had to import them from as far away as Bloomington.

I think that if we could get enough interest from folks in the surrounding couple of states, we could put on a nice two day event in Saint Louis. Used to get a good turn out about 10 years ago but then for some reason we let it go.

If you would like to see this happen again and would come let me know. We do have a pretty nice field to fly from.

Wayne
Wayne, is their a “must go to event” that you guys have once a year? I would love to have some sort of Midwest event. We could even have it towards central Illinois to get the Chicago, and Indianapolis a little closer. The guys at Eli Field would hopefully be accepting of an event. Plenty of room to camp and play all day. Could be awesome!
Feb 18, 2020, 11:44 PM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwiley65
Wayne, is their a “must go to event” that you guys have once a year? I would love to have some sort of Midwest event. We could even have it towards central Illinois to get the Chicago, and Indianapolis a little closer. The guys at Eli Field would hopefully be accepting of an event. Plenty of room to camp and play all day. Could be awesome!
Marshall,

I think that is an excellent idea. Mt. Zion looks like a good central location that could draw a pretty good Midwest crowd. Might even get some guys to come up from Paducah or Nashville. An early to mid-June date could make for a good Nats warmup. I would be glad to work with you on running it. Need to check the summer schedule so that we don't step on anyone else's toes.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools