9-23-16 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 24, 2016, 02:49 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Discussion

9-23-16

Sorry no blog postings in a while. We have had plenty of family and friends stopping by in Middle Tennessee. That's put a damper on getting out for some flight time. This weekend was the "NashBro 2016" event put on by RCGroups. Although it's a 3D profile event, it mentioned "...focus is profile planes you can bring whatever you want."
It is held in the little town of Leipersfork, which is located outside Franklin, TN.
I called up Poh and planned to meet up on Friday (9-23) and do some sailplane flying.
Even though 3D is not my cup of tea, I had a great time. Sure enough, people were flying gas, electric, profile, warbirds, DHLG, FPV, and drones. The crowd was a pretty friendly group. There were people driving in from FL, GA, MO, IN, OH and of course locals.
Typical for Poh and I, we went looking for lunch at a nearby restaurant. The actual town of Leipersfork sits about 3 blocks from the event. Reminds me a lot of the "cutsey" town of Belle Buckle. So we bee lined there and found a combo grocery store\southern restaurant.
After a hearty lunch and plenty of sweet tea, we returned to the field to watch the mayhem. They had several mass launch events and quickest climb to altitude event. I expected lots of carnage, but surprisingly, I only observed 2 low impact collisions (no damage).
Poh and I decided against winch flying (he had brought his winch). With the amount of RC traffic, the winch line would have caused problems. So we pulled out our electric birds, He flew his electric SkyBird and I flew my trusty Jerry warmliner.
After 5 hours of fun. Poh and I decided to get out of the heat and try to avoid Nashville rush hour traffic. We headed home feeling we had gotten plenty of "RC time" and fun.

Mike W
PS I only posted a few pics on my blog. I posted almost all my shots from the event on the NashBro 2016 page at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2740172
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
Was a fun day. Haven't seen so many profile planes all in one place.
Great pics, Mike.
,Beautiful field and surrounding countryside.

Poh
Sep 30, 2016, 12:57 AM
WrongRudderR/C
Thanks for capturing the memories!