Hs225bb - RC Groups
Sep 23, 2016, 06:47 PM
Help!

Hs225bb

I have a 225 servo that needs to be reversed. Used as a flap servo mirror mounted, therefore needing reverse rotation. I followed the servo directions in the old electronics forum about servo reversing. I thought that it was pretty straight forward - but somewhere I failed. Servo runs to one end and does not run the other way.

So, where do these wires go? Looking down on the open servo case with the motor towards the top and the circuit board untwisted with a surface mount component in the lower left corner and with 3 wires across the bottom of the board.

I have a orange and a brown wire going to the motor and a green, red, and yellow wire to the board. Which wire should be where to give reverse rotation? So from the left - motor (orange, brown or brown, orange) - board - chip (which order)?

Thanks, Bob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2016, 12:19 PM
In order to reverse an analog servo you have to flip the 2 motor wires and then switch to 2 outside wires on the potentiometer.

Post a picture on the bottom of the servo and I will see if I can't figure out what's going on.
Sep 28, 2016, 12:21 AM
HS225BB servo internal pictures
Sep 28, 2016, 12:53 PM
Did you reverse any of the wires inside?

Like I said before, you have to reverse the 2 wires on the motor and the 2 outside wires on the potentiometer. Sounds like you may have only done the motor wires and not the potentiometer wires?
Sep 29, 2016, 12:05 PM
reversed both the motor and board wires - runs in only one direction.
Sep 29, 2016, 02:06 PM
Can you highlight the wires in your pictures to show me which wires in specific you reversed?
Sep 30, 2016, 12:31 AM
The 2 wires on the motor and the 2 outside wires on the board. Orientation on the board is the SMC on the lower left corner.
Sep 30, 2016, 11:43 AM
The only suggestion I have for you is to return the servo to us so we can take a look at it and try to repair it back to factory specs, I am not sure why it is not working for you. We can't do any reversing here.
Oct 01, 2016, 12:30 AM
Sounds good to me. Thank you very much.

Bob