May 01, 2019, 12:05 PM
Will it work with a 2s lipo without mods too?

And should I go for the 24438 or for the 24438-b?

EDIT:

Ordered a 24438b for $47.68 shipped. I will see it when it arrived!

BG with coupon TTxBG10
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 03, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2019, 02:21 PM
Any alternative body shells with a cage available for FPV?

Alternative wheels?

Thanks in advance? ☺
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 08, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
May 12, 2019, 02:19 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer

Alternative wheels?
Those ones (not cheap, but good - true beadlocks, metal).

Walter
May 12, 2019, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pableras2211
Hi all. Yesterday I received my wltoys. After two uses I started to modify it using a body 1:24 of an old audi q7. In the end I found a way to hold it. I think it's pretty. What is your opinion?
Pics how you mounted the body shell available?
May 20, 2019, 11:24 AM
A year back I have owned a Basher Rocksta. So I can compare a little bit to the 24438. I have bought the 24438 to play around with kids in the sandpit in my Kindergardengroup. I like it because of its size, swappable battteries and the low price. Making trails in the sandpit should work for the 24438. But for crawling the Rocksta is the way better car. In my opinion the 24438 hasnt enough torque, or maybe the throttle responding is bad.
When I hit a bigger obstacle slowly to get on top of it the 24438 doesnt move till it jumps forward with 75% throttle. The Rocksta is much better in this case.

24438 is recommend because of the size and price(will buy a second one if it works as supposed), for mild trails.

For real crawling in this size, especially with bigger, softer wheels (60mm od), the Rocksta is the way better car!

And outstanding is the performance of some of the custom builds using rocksta axles! Go to the Rocksta thread and search via "show attachments".

Just an example of the latest build. It is brushless, but similar results should be possible with stock brushed motors and stock electronics, I guess.

Micro Comp Crawler 2 (4 min 42 sec)
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
May 25, 2019, 06:25 AM
I have tried a Zippy 350mah 2s and it works pretty well! Its half crawling, and half jumping over obstacles now! It isnt real crawling in my opinion anymore.

But it is ok for my purpose cruising around in FPV, and race over tracks the kids have built in the sandpit! Dont know if the gears can handle 2s in the long run.

Battery cant be placed below the body shell. It sits in the back or front on top of the shell now.

Bigger wheels wont fit without axle wideners!

Does someone know if it is possible to get 1s from the battery using the red and white wire of the balance cable only? For my 5v AIO FPV cam.
May 27, 2019, 04:38 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer

Does someone know if it is possible to get 1s from the battery using the red and white wire of the balance cable only? For my 5v AIO FPV cam.
Yes, this will work.
But it is not good for the battery. I did this ages ago in a modified micro-heli (taking 2s for the board from a 3s battery).
Batteries will not survive a long time, because they are unequally discharged.

I recommend to use a small and crap cheap UBEC or stepdown for your FPV gear, they are crap cheap - e.g. this or this or this or this or this or… there are many more.

Walter
Jun 21, 2019, 07:42 PM
I had the Rocksta and the 24438 plus enough batteries with me in my Kindergarden group.

Well, I can say that was a success. Both cars have been fun for the kids to drive them as a quest over self build trails/tracks.
You can imagine the possibilities and situations they can gain theire skills, social skills, discipline, phantasie when creating tracks.

Not for every kid, some preferred the speed of my 12428-B which I had with me the other day.
All of them have been allowed to drive it too, of course with dialed down speed. The 3yo. ones too! Never underestimate the skills of kids when they really want to learn something!

Kids have been in the age from 3yo. to 6yo.

I am planning to buy a second 24438 for racing in the sandpit! On 2s that must be fun too!

EDIT: The Rocksta is the way better crawler for sure! For the Kindergarden job the 24438 in stock version is ok for the Kindergarden job, plus the higher speed possible for races in the sandpit!

Quick Reply