Sep 23, 2016, 02:20 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

WLtoys No. 24438 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler $43 Shipped

WLtoys have been busy lately. Here is another new product the 24438 RTR Micro Crawler. It looks pretty good. I am curious how well it will perform. Price definitely seems decent.

DEAL ALERT These are currently on sale for only $33.62 Click me.

I have now gotten one of these little trucks, and thought I'd go ahead and post some detailed pics, and share a little more about it. At this point I have only run it for a few minutes, but there are a couple features I'd like to point out that came as a very welcome surprise to me.

First off, I am very pleased that the truck uses a 3 wire servo, so replacement/upgrade servos will be very easy to come by. The RX/ESC is also equipped for a second servo, so that the truck can be upgraded to 4 wheel steering with ease. Just add a rear servo, plug it in, and off you go. Not only is the RX ready to accept the second servo, but the radio also has a separate trim knob for the rear servo, and the radio also has a mode switch on it for switching between 4 different steering modes once the second servo is installed.

Here are some pictures. I will try to get running video this afternoon. If there's anything you'd like a picture of just ask and I will get it for you.

Quick indoor running video.

WLtoys 24438 1/24 RTR Micro Rock Crawler First Run (1 min 24 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; May 07, 2017 at 11:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2016, 01:54 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Looks like cloned from 1/24 HSP micro crawler.
Sep 25, 2016, 08:12 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Nice catch! It definitely looks very similar. I'd never really paid attention to the HSP micro crawler before, until you mentioned it, and I looked it up.
Sep 25, 2016, 10:51 AM
ultra cheap pilot
I like Wl-toys recent marketing moves by cloning/rebranding existing models and make it affordable. It makes it easier to find spare parts and support. Keep it up. I'm waiting for them to pickup something from AXIAL, so far i have loads of Wl-toys version of VATERRA TWIN HAMMERS.
Sep 25, 2016, 08:32 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
WLtoys does a pretty good job of putting out some decent models at very affordable prices.
Oct 01, 2016, 08:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
These are now in stock and shipping.
Oct 09, 2016, 10:28 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Looks like these will be back in stock in a couple days.
Oct 09, 2016, 08:47 PM
Well, you should check it on banggood, it's cheaper and in stock.
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-24438...p-1083552.html
Oct 09, 2016, 09:17 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
Well, you should check it on banggood, it's cheaper and in stock.
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-24438...p-1083552.html
In stock, but not cheaper. Coupon code RC18off gets it for $43.11 at GB

Thanks for the heads up on the in stock status at BG though
Nov 22, 2016, 01:20 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Now back in stock. Use coupon code RC18off and get it for $43.11 shipped http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_4...=linkconnector
Nov 22, 2016, 02:45 PM
Are these Losi Micro Crawler clones? I'd like a better look at the tranny. This would be an excellent parts candidate for a scale build using a static model.
Nov 22, 2016, 02:57 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
It appears as though they are the same as the HSP micro crawler. I'm not sure how similar they are to the Losi MRC. I never had the Losi crawler, just the Trail Trekker and they're a bit different.
Nov 22, 2016, 04:17 PM
OK. The Trekker and MC had the same tranny. Different chassis and the axle widths were different. The Trekker is slightly wider but the most of the parts interchange.
Nov 22, 2016, 06:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Good to know. I had no idea whether or not they shared any parts.
Nov 30, 2016, 09:50 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Got a new toy today I will get it opened up and edit the first post with some pics and running video some time tomorrow.

Quick Reply