This thread is privately moderated by Alien_Tech, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 23, 2016, 11:29 AM
Trader Rating: 127
Pile-it
Thread OP
$44.99 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Micro Wanderer Kits

Hey All,

After feeling a bit nostalgic about all of the fun I had with a Wanderer 72 in my youth, I decided to scale one down to fit the ParkZone 1s brick Rx & servos. It turned out to be a wonderful little flyer, so I thought others may enjoy it as much as I do, so I'm offering kits.

Thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2716454

Specs:
2 channel (Rudder & Elevator)
30" wingspan
45g flying weight
Uses this for radio gear (not included) http://www.horizonhobby.com/receiver...p--j-3-pkz3352

Here is what you get:

*Full laser cut Micro Wanderer kit with 1/64" Ply, 1/32", 1/16"
& 1/8" Balsa
* (2) sheets 11" x 17" rolled plans
* (2) .020 Pushrod wire
* Laser cut control horns
*Hardwood dowels for wing hold downs
* .025 magnet & washer for hatch hold down
* (6) wing rubber bands

Please note that is a real kit, not an ARF. You must glue sticks together and build over plans

$44.99 + shipping, shoot me a PM if you are interested. Add $7 if you'd like the optional power pod. Kits in stock and ready to ship! If you'd like to look at the manual, send me a PM with your email address.

Micro Wanderer by Alien Technologies (0 min 44 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2016, 12:26 PM
Trader Rating: 28
How Cool is that?!
Sep 23, 2016, 02:42 PM
Trader Rating: 26
Closed Account
That is awesome. If was not a composite builder I would be all over this. That is a nice little plane.
make sure you cross post this over in the hand Launch forum.
Sep 23, 2016, 02:53 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder
That is awesome. If was not a composite builder I would be all over this. That is a nice little plane.
make sure you cross post this over in the hand Launch forum.
Thanks. I like composite stuff too, but balsa and CA let me relive my youth lol
Sep 23, 2016, 02:54 PM
Trader Rating: 134
Closed Account
This is sweet! I had a Wanderer 99 my buddy gave me back in the early 80's that I hung an O.S. .15 in the nose and mounted tricycle gear on. He thought I was nuts until he flew it. Not many sailplanes can you shoot repeated touch and goes with out there. It was a blast!

I have a complete 2S UMX setup from a Pitts but that'll be too much power and weight for this little bug. May have to keep my eyes open for a cheap used 1S setup and then order a kit.

Joe
Sep 23, 2016, 11:55 PM
Trader Rating: 79
Get off your phone and FLY!!
I thought I read that you were going to make a micro bird of time kit and a gentle lady? Is that true?
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Archer for sale
Sep 24, 2016, 08:53 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhonda
I thought I read that you were going to make a micro bird of time kit and a gentle lady? Is that true?
I may for myself, but those won't be kitted.

Red
Sep 24, 2016, 11:05 AM
Trader Rating: 23
Micro bird of time would be.. so ... coool!
Sep 24, 2016, 11:10 AM
Trader Rating: 34
AMA 73386
micro sagitta!
Sep 24, 2016, 09:28 PM
Trader Rating: 104
sailplane nut
How about a micro Aquilla? I might be interested in drawing up the plans for you to convert to cut files. I will be ordering one of your mini wanderer kits soon. Bob M..
Sep 24, 2016, 10:41 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbobcat55
How about a micro Aquilla? I might be interested in drawing up the plans for you to convert to cut files. I will be ordering one of your mini wanderer kits soon. Bob M..
Thats a possibility, I'd have to find out who has the rights first though.
Sep 25, 2016, 12:07 AM
Trader Rating: 156
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Thats a possibility, I'd have to find out who has the rights first though.
The last I heard AeroShpere had all the rights to most of the old Airtronics kits. http://www.aerosphereonline.com/ Their website is long dormant now though. Looks like the last update was around 2006. They never really got into full swing selling kits, then just the plans, and now nothing....

Edit: As your kit really is a different size, it technically is a different kit. To be sure though, just call it something different like Aquillita or something.

Mike
Last edited by CryHavoc; Sep 25, 2016 at 01:22 AM.
Sep 25, 2016, 07:23 PM
Trader Rating: 104
sailplane nut
Hi from rcbobcat55 Great idea Mike-When I get the chance to draw up the plans for the micro version I will use Mini Akilla or Aquilita -or something similar-thanks for the suggestion. PS I own the manufacturing rights to the Bill Evans designs and Bob Owens Zephyr Series along with dozens of slope and old timer designs and don't get fanatical about sharing them. This hobby is for us to enjoy-not to fight about.
Sep 25, 2016, 07:47 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
The last I heard AeroShpere had all the rights to most of the old Airtronics kits. http://www.aerosphereonline.com/ Their website is long dormant now though. Looks like the last update was around 2006. They never really got into full swing selling kits, then just the plans, and now nothing....

Edit: As your kit really is a different size, it technically is a different kit. To be sure though, just call it something different like Aquillita or something.

Mike
I've been in contact with the gentleman who has the rights, all is good.

Red
Oct 01, 2016, 11:56 AM
Trader Rating: 6
New at this whole life thing
My Whipit just flew apart on its 1000th launch or so. Will Whipit gear work in this?

Quick Reply