Sep 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Discussion

TP POWER V2 90mm EDF unit product review

As soon as I get it I will be posting some numbers on how many watts in amps the KV that I selected will put out on 6s and then on 8s. Tppower China will be sending me photos before it ships. And of course will update you on availability of units in the future, currently there are only going to be a few delivered to us customers. Currently they're doing their own testing on the bench, maybe I will get some luminary results I can post as well being they will be changing the rotor from the 11 blade to a 14 blade, so I'm sure there will be quite a bit of difference in numbers that need to be updated on the TP power USA website. Currently they show in stock but there are none in stock they've all been recalled by themselves. Pre-orders are available but we're not looking until possibly late October or November...

Victor
Last edited by The Snake; Oct 20, 2016 at 09:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 09:05 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
The Beast has arrived, and it looks hungry for some amps! 

14 blade 11 Staters ARP-MODEL Fan unit, balanced and ready to solder on the included 6mm bullet connectors! 

So far I'm pretty impressed I'm glad they went with this fan unit nice aluminum spinner, so far I don't see any negative items to report. I will be posting some numbers Soon although my work schedule has been really crazy but I will try to get it done within a few days...
Oct 17, 2016, 11:32 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP

video review

Been asking for this unit for a while, currently there is only two in North America my good friend Robert got a 6S version while I got the latest 8s version... TP power is anxiously awaiting my review of this to produce more and if everyone is happy with them they can start mass-producing them again. Before the V1 version was having a few issues holding up against they're strong inrunners.

TP Power 90 millimeter run up to and watt meter testing(1) (8 min 29 sec)

Okay the highlights of the video Review:

New 6s 70c roaring top 5000... Over 2600 watts at a low 114 amps

Used Turnigy Bolt 3400 6s 65c... Over 2800 watts at a low 120amps, I'm sure with a fresh pack the numbers could have been higher..

A new 8s 6 and 2 configuration. This is when the monster awakens from its sleep! Over 4800watts peaking at 164amps.

As I mentioned in my video I'm sure a fresh 8 s High Voltage setup would make this monster even more crazy for power! In my opinion I feel this sub has a lot more to offer with high voltage of course the only downfall is there a wait of a larger ESC. So far it seems extremely efficient in not sucking the life from the battery. This is not the end of the review! Not only will I be looking at efficiency but I will be looking into also reviewing the longevity batteries under load with this motor. So far I've only had the maiden done on my f-104 due to bad weather and crazy work hours. I will be continuing my air testing Soon...

Freewing 90 millimeter f-104 Maiden TP POWER 3650-1470KV ON 8S (6 min 15 sec)

As you know I'm a very happy owner of the 70 millimeter version of the TP power EDF unit:

My 70mm F-104 warm up flight (4 min 23 sec)

I was getting 4800 Watts at 192 amps on a new Turnigy Bolt high voltage battery.

More to follow and of course if you have any questions, concerns, complaints, let me know. But please if you're responding let's stick to the facts nothing to hide here only showing my results. I have posted my information on my YouTube blog of my previous reviews and flight videos. The name of the game is just to have fun and do something you enjoy, TP POWER is a very enjoyable product! I've never even had a hiccup out of my 70 millimeter. I can't wait to get that many flights in With a new V2 90 millimeter!!!
Victor
Last edited by The Snake; Oct 18, 2016 at 01:15 AM.
Oct 18, 2016, 12:55 AM

Great review Victor

It will be interesting to follow your review and great maiden flight.
Oct 18, 2016, 01:18 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory reeves
It will be interesting to follow your review and great maiden flight.
Thanks Cory, well it's fun to enjoy reviewing products that are enjoyable right out of the box!
Oct 20, 2016, 01:22 AM
I was getting 4800 Watts at 192 amps on a new Turnigy Bolt high voltage battery.

Does that means you pulled your 8s high voltage battery down to 3.125 volts per cell under load?.
Oct 20, 2016, 07:45 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar

Does that means you pulled your 8s high voltage battery down to 3.125 volts per cell under load?.
Good question I will recheck my watt meter reading this weekend to record the voltage sag, I know I did record sag on my review of the Roaring top batteries I checked on my 70mm. The problem is currently I don't own high voltage pack combo
Last edited by The Snake; Oct 20, 2016 at 07:58 AM.
Dec 29, 2016, 12:35 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
I was wondering if anyone is interested in a 90mm unit and if so on 6S or 8S or 12S?

Free Wing 90 millimeter f-104 Starfighter on 8s at fod (2 min 45 sec)
Jul 25, 2017, 11:32 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
New bird same setup

Second flight on the diamond Perfect Landing (3 min 14 sec)

Quick Reply