Sep 21, 2016, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Motors start at half throttle with Taranis

This is my first quad and I'm sure it's something simple but on my Taranis plus I have it connected to my naze32 and it appears everything is working but when I go use throttle it only starts at half way and the power is not 100% when I give it full throttle

I'll post some of the settings so you see what I did in clean flight but I think it may be a setting in Taranis

[/URL]

[/URL]
Last edited by KillerX; Sep 21, 2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: posted pics
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2016, 10:37 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Did you set the stick End Points values as per the Config GUI RX tab?
Cal the ESCs?

What Firmware Version?

What else did you change in the config GUI?
Sep 21, 2016, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr
Did you set the stick End Points values as per the Config GUI RX tab?
Cal the ESCs?

What Firmware Version?

What else did you change in the config GUI?
negative on all When I google how to set the stick end points, it just shows me the calibration through taranis which I did... now is this on the taranis? or cleanflight?

My ESC's are Favorite 30's I haven't touched them, do I need to cal them?
Sep 21, 2016, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
SOB I FIXED IT!!!!!!!

So I forgot I had to put the motors full throttle plug in the battery, then lower them to cal it.... man!!!!!!

Thanks for your help
Sep 21, 2016, 11:24 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Good, that was ESC cal you finally got done.

Your throttle End Point is a bit too low (GUI image). The throttle is on the edge of triggering Fail Safe.
Re-adjust in the Taranis so that each stick has the correct End Points of 1000 & 2000, no less, no more. Re-check all sticks.

Also:
ALWAYS use a current Limiter when even you connect a LiPo on the bench for testing, ESC Cal or Flashing and anytime the config GUI is open.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2327875
Sep 21, 2016, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr
Good, that was ESC cal you finally got done.

Your throttle End Point is a bit too low (GUI image). The throttle is on the edge of triggering Fail Safe.
Re-adjust in the Taranis so that each stick has the correct End Points of 1000 & 2000, no less, no more. Re-check all sticks.

Also:
ALWAYS use a current Limiter when even you connect a LiPo on the bench for testing, ESC Cal or Flashing and anytime the config GUI is open.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2327875
You are awesome! Ohh yaa I always have my anti nuke light bulb in.

Fail safe is something I have to look into because I keep getting the failsafe error on my Taranis...as well as a throttle warning.

I wish I had someone to talk to about these things in person instead of you tubing it and finally going to the forum when I give up, but no one around my area fly's

Quick Reply