Sep 21, 2016, 05:19 AM

Flying Wings on Saturday

There were a couple of different flying wings on Saturday. I wish I took a picture to show what I am talking about. I am not talking about the wings Tower Hobbies were showing designed by Gary Wright; even though they are awesome flyers. Nice job Gary!

The ones I am talking about are the ones that looked very similar to the Zagi and the MS Composite Swift/Swift II. They looked like a flat wing with no winglets but they actually had very small winglets. I did not get a chance to ask the flyers what kit or even what plane it was. Does anyone have a name of these wings? No they were not the Outlaw Deltas. They looked like Swift II on steroids.

The F-27Q, Haydon, and Carbon Z Scimitar are all out of production and when I saw these fly I got excited about a new wing that is possibly out there besides Tower Hobbies new one, which I also want.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2016, 06:36 AM

Wings at NEAT

Hey Zagi, My group had 4 different wings from "Crash Test Hobbies" painted orange and green , pretty fast - ??? We were down at the south end at the beginning of the week tearing it up. Anyway, they are tough when built according to instructions,, Great Flyers , Fun Stuff !
Sep 21, 2016, 07:05 AM
215.0 MPH
We were flying Tuffwings. 100mph foam wings. 2X-3X the performance of most any EPP wings currently available. Very tough, good for combat, pylon, soaring, whatever you want. Bummer is he stopped making them a few months back.

http://www.tuffwing.com/products/tuffwing_32.html
Last edited by markusvt; Sep 21, 2016 at 02:18 PM.
Sep 21, 2016, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
We were flying Tuffwings. 100mph foam wings. 2X-3X the performance of most any EPP wings currently available. Very tough, good for combat, pylon, soaring, whatever you want. Bummer is he stopped making them a few months back.

http://www.tuffwing.com/products/tuffwing_32.html
I think these were the wings I saw. Wouldn't you know when I find a replacement to my F-27 they stop making them. You cannot even get the Swift II in the US any more.

I will have to check out Crash Test Hobbies and see what they look like. I saw a couple of wings including Outlaw. The CrazE Wing by Gary Wright is cool also.
Sep 21, 2016, 06:43 PM
215.0 MPH
We have plenty of the Crash Test Hobbies wings in the club also, no comparison.
Sep 21, 2016, 07:55 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...&cPath=112_675

Swift 2
Sep 21, 2016, 08:38 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoderf View Post
Hey Zagi, My group had 4 different wings from "Crash Test Hobbies" painted orange and green , pretty fast - ??? We were down at the south end at the beginning of the week tearing it up. Anyway, they are tough when built according to instructions,, Great Flyers , Fun Stuff !
Freddy,

What are the names of the wings you and Kevin were night flying? I see a bunch of different wings on Crash Test Hobbies web site.

Bill.
Sep 23, 2016, 09:03 AM
Probably Assasins.... Those are the most popular. Peety (Meanbaby) and Jason (BEF) both have a couple of these. The are well recommended by the AOA guys as well. I did see a Titan as well.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhillag1 View Post
Freddy,

What are the names of the wings you and Kevin were night flying? I see a bunch of different wings on Crash Test Hobbies web site.

Bill.
Last edited by sawatt; Sep 23, 2016 at 09:18 AM.