Nov 27, 2016, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Very nice whooping - you are on the MMW insane motors?

You're able to do clean flips while I can't.
Yes, the 19000KV insanes, great punch, short flight times but I don't care
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2016, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by run
Nice! Thanks for the videos, Chaotix!

Are you using the mylipo inductrix style batteries? Any tips for getting them situated on that E010 frame?
MyLipo HV with JST PH2 connector, I cut the battery holder off and use an elastic band, saves another 0.25g!
Nov 27, 2016, 08:44 PM
I took the soft side of Velcro on top and bottom, easily slide a 200 battery and holds it in place really well.
Latest blog entry: Cg scale
Nov 27, 2016, 09:07 PM
run
run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchirrick
I took the soft side of Velcro on top and bottom, easily slide a 200 battery and holds it in place really well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix
MyLipo HV with JST PH2 connector, I cut the battery holder off and use an elastic band, saves another 0.25g!
These are both great solutions. Lol - I was thinking .... OK. 3D print a new holder. Clip off the old one. Super glue the new one..... etc, etc.. Always over complicating things

Thanks for the tips!!
Nov 27, 2016, 09:53 PM
I just put a notch in the back wall so the long thin inductrix size batteies slide through w/ a little tension.
Nov 28, 2016, 03:49 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Deleted,
Last edited by Dutch RC; Nov 28, 2016 at 05:32 AM.
Nov 28, 2016, 03:12 PM
I can barely hover for around 15 seconds, then not much else.

E010 (5g not 5.5g) frame
Banggood "Chaoli" 55000 motors
TX01 camera
Floureon/Eachine/JJRC 260mAh 30C batteries
Beecore Frsky FC/Receiver
Devo 7e

22.8g without battery, 29.8 with 260 mAh battery (28.0 with 150 mAh but it won't fly with them, it spins up then down, up then down). Doesn't seem to matter if the camera is powered or not.

I think it might be the thin wire/connector I used, so will try the one it came with (but the wires don't fit through the eyelet).

It wasn't ready to fly, it did take some fiddling for both my transmitter, as well as so I could arm it. Also as other have ran into, I could see my switch used for Angle/Horizon/"Air" mode move but angle was only green when out of range. Somehow it just started working, I don't know what I did to get it to register correctly. Might have been doing the "Set motor_pwm_rate=1000" CLI command.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:06 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub
I just put a notch in the back wall so the long thin inductrix size batteies slide through w/ a little tension.
I did this too but the battery has a tendency to move around. I think adding some padding in between AND doing this is probably best.

Also I fixed my flip issue! I can flip now no problem. Lowered all expo to 0.2 and rates to 1.3, set yaw to 1 and it feels pretty good. I need to get my new camera from Kados though.
Nov 29, 2016, 05:21 AM
Are the 4 pads on the bottom of the board in a row a serial port?
Nov 29, 2016, 02:22 PM
What are the FETs rated at? Can they handle 8.5mm motors? Thanks.

edit: Just noticed a bunch of people have asked this already, but it doesn't appear there was ever an answer. The fets say A08K 33, and the datasheet for something labeled as a mosfet that has A08K in the name appears to support at least 5.9 amps, but I'd really love an official answer.
Last edited by TroyDL; Nov 29, 2016 at 03:33 PM.
Nov 30, 2016, 04:57 PM

BeeCore Review

Bangood sent me a DSM2 Beecore so I thought I would compare it to my NewBeeDrone Beebrain to see if the BeeBrain is really worth the money.

http://www.banggood.com/Beecore-F3_E...aign=BeecoreF3

The boards do look very similar, but there are a couple differences between them. The major difference is the USB connector placement, on the BeeCore its on the top of the board so it will work with the stock inductrix frames and Eachine E010 frames. Where the BeeBrain will only work on the stock inductrix frame.

Although the top USB placement is better, its not perfect. Most 3d printed camera mounts will interfere with the connector, but its easy to modify the file or print the mount out of a flexible material to solve that.

Installation of the board is straightfoward, all the hardware you need is included plus an extra screw and rubber mount. Ground and VCC pads are large which makes the camera install easy.

Setup is not as easy as the BeeBrain since the BeeBrain comes ready out of the box. The BeeCore needs a bit of work to get it setup, but since most of us are already familiar with the Betaflight GUI and CLI commands its really not that bad. These are the steps I had to do to get it running.

1 - Bridge bootloader pads, connect to PC, then use zadig to install correct drivers

2 - Download the SPRacingEVO target https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ACINGF3EVO.hex

3 - Flash the board using the Betaflight GUI

4 - Set ESC/Motor protocol to brushed, enable motor PWM speed separated from PID speed, set motor PWM frequency to 4000, enable motor stop

5 - Disable all other features in the config tab and enable airmode

6 - Setup endpoints, now on the FrSky version you might not have to do this but on the DSM2 board the end points only go from 1083 to 1886 so a cli command needs to be entered to get the end points setup properly

rxrange 0 1083 1886
rxrange 1 1083 1886
rxrange 2 1083 1886
rxrange 3 1083 1886

save

7 - Enter pids and rates, and you're done

I have also attached a CLI dump and backup file of my settings.

After a couple test flights I would say they both perform the same, the BeeCore does have an F3 processor but on a small brushed quadcopter it doesn't make much of a difference. Saying that I would still reccomend the BeeCore over the BeeBrain since it does work on both types of frames, the FrSky version doesn't use PPM and its a bit cheaper.

Flight videos will be posted at a later date.
Nov 30, 2016, 05:34 PM
Anyone heard if there are still review units being processed?
Nov 30, 2016, 08:06 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
I don't know but I suspect not. I've had my review board for a bit over a week now. About to post the review but unless something drastic happens it will be a very positive review. I think I have about 50 flights on the board now (should have kept a log lol). Will post by this weekend.
Nov 30, 2016, 08:09 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyc

Although the top USB placement is better, its not perfect. Most 3d printed camera mounts will interfere with the connector, but its easy to modify the file or print the mount out of a flexible material to solve that.
Hmmm I didn't think about that. I have a 3D printed mount but I didn't use it. I thought the screws supplied with the Beecore / vibration mount would be too short. Put a bit of double stick foam type tape (with sticky mostly gone) on board, cut a couple of slots in the foam, and used rubber band via the little studs on the sides of the E010 frame. Worked so good that I decided to just leave it this way. When I hit the camera it moves and I think saves the antenna. LOL don't ask how or why I think this ha ha ha
Nov 30, 2016, 10:42 PM
Whoops I put my rubber mounts upside and thought it was crazy that you couldn't reach the USB port. Thanks for the nice pics.

Quick Reply